rvalero's IS300: 2006-present (Update: New motorized nav housing) - Page 57 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #841 of 852 (permalink) Old 02-13-2016, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)

Garage
Nice, but that probably feels really under-powered compared to the final stage of your IS. I wish I could have bought your headlights, but I couldn't justify spending the money on a car that I'm losing interest in.

My thread of picture whor@ge: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
I finally washed my car after it rained a couple times. This one won't buff out

Zoom in...

I'm not sure what caused this, but it probably happened in some parking lot.

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.

Last edited by rvalero; 03-22-2016 at 03:21 AM.
post #843 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)

Still looks good bro. Really good!

I'm going to need a full exterior detail or paint job soon. I just noticed how many flaws are in my paint from parking lots. Mainly people opening their doors and hitting mine. Ugh.
rvalero likes this.

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral

post #844 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdout View Post
Still looks good bro. Really good!

I'm going to need a full exterior detail or paint job soon. I just noticed how many flaws are in my paint from parking lots. Mainly people opening their doors and hitting mine. Ugh.
Always take extra time to find a spot thats either an end spot, median/island, or far enough away from the herd. Then inch up to that curb as much as you can cause some dick can still park shitty on one side of you lol
post #845 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 11:24 AM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 583 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEHEMENCE View Post
Always take extra time to find a spot thats either an end spot, median/island, or far enough away from the herd. Then inch up to that curb as much as you can cause some dick can still park shitty on one side of you lol
haha, yeah I'm always the one car in the back of the parking lot nowadays. None of the damage is recent. It's all from 10 years of daily commuting.

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral
post #846 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Zoom in...
It looks like a shopping cart hit it, some people just have no respect for other people's property

The damage looks pretty similar to when my uncle backed into my car, the gouges would have to be pushed out with a heat gun and then filled with flexible body filler for plastics. Then it'll have to be sanded down smooth to level out the area and then repainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEHEMENCE View Post
That's exactly what I do when I find parking. I especially hate it when I park far away from everybody else but when I come back there's like 4-5 cars parked near me when there's so many other parking spaces available
rvalero and blkdout like this.
post #847 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
Thanks for the tips. When you back away from the gouge, it's not very big, but just knowing it's there bugs the hell out of me. Shopping cart was my first guess too.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to _______ again.
I guess I'm too selective with my rep
blkdout likes this.

post #848 of 852 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
It finally happened to me. I got the hairline crack in my radiator by the cap. I ended up getting a Koyo OEM replacement for ATM. Everything fit perfectly, and there were no issues after a test drive. I also let the car idle until the fans turned on 4 times. Temps never got above the half way point on the temp gauge. Thanks again to everyone who helped me...especially JaasonM44444444444444.

blkdout and mm71522 like this.

post #849 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
Do you think I can just wet sand the clear and polish, or will I need to wet sand the polish and have it re-sprayed?

post #850 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:04 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)

Garage
Damn that sucks. I think you'll need a respray

Mike
'02 AR IS300; M98 L-Tuned
TOKICO HP/TANABE NF210

ENKEI KOJIN 18X8.5+35/9.5+30
---------------------------------
DIY: Nav+Aftermarket HU
DIY: Timing Belt

My Thread
post #851 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
I was afraid of that. I REALLY don't want to remove the roof spoiler and remount it. Maybe I'll have a shop respray it on the car.

post #852 of 852 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 09:15 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)

Garage
Oh, that's the roof spoiler? Easy to do on the car. Especially with the tools found at a shop. Prep and spray is easy

Mike
'02 AR IS300; M98 L-Tuned
TOKICO HP/TANABE NF210

ENKEI KOJIN 18X8.5+35/9.5+30
---------------------------------
DIY: Nav+Aftermarket HU
DIY: Timing Belt

My Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page