User Tag List

47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)

Thanks! Hope to keep playing around with it more if the wife lets me. She's been offering to sell it for basically nothing to all of her friends lately which is a bad sign. Apparently the 'no chance in....' from me doesn't help either.

Waiting for the new timing belt to come in. The leaky seal got oil on this belt, so was a better excuse to order an upgraded belt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-15-2017, 08:28 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

I must have missed it, but what brand of front bumper is that?

02' Manual w/MKIII LSD and no sunroof.
post #153 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Bumper is a TTE bumper. They came with their own support, and supposed to be made on same equipment that made the original OEM bumpers. It was one of the first things I bought for the car, and had in garage forever.

So had to hunt down the oil leak. Took timing belt off again, cam gears, covers, 1st cam cap so I could take out seal and inspect it.... annnnnd no damage to the seal. Also no oil on the backside of the cover where a leaky seal would spray. However, the little allen plug inside the exhaust cam inside wasn't tight on the cams (oem is sealed on exhaust). Looks like oil managed to work it's way past threads of the loose plug, and threads on the cam gear bolt after a bit.

[URL=http://s1312.photobucket.com/user/whattheeee5/media/gsc%20cam_zpsttatckcr.jpg.html][/URL

Put a new seal on just for peace of mind, new 'race' belt... but will wait until tomorrow to fire it up.

post #154 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Swapped out the F90000267 'low pressure' version of the TI automotive 450 pump and the other 255 still on the hanger for two F90000274s. The new ones are the high pressure version of the 450 TI automotive pumps without a relief valve so I should be able to hit higher base pressure and squeak some more out of the injectors.

Had to re-pin wires and mess around on the fit. I didn't think two of these fat bottomed pumps would fit, and it certainly wasn't without effort... but sudo ok.

Started it up after and no leaks which is good. Took a video at few rpm points... over 4k, starts to get quite raspy. Definitely way more aggressive than stock that makes me giddy. Unfortunate fail on the video as phone fell over, but already annoyed the neighbours enough for a day I'm sure. Either way definitely happy with the sound so far. Power TBD. Starting to thaw out here, but will probably be a month or so before its on the road.

blkdout likes this.
post #155 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:34 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Looks good; nice pumps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthe View Post
... but sudo ok.
super-user-do or pseudo?
post #156 of 156 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page