Lexus IS Forum banner

PBM suspension upgrade & spindle mods

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  remi 
#1 ·
I've enjoyed the comfortable ride from my Poweredbymax coilovers with 12kg springs up front and 10kg springs in the rear long enough. At the last couple of drift events I've definitely noticed way too much body roll even with running the dampers on full stiff. I was reading through Pete-the-russians build thread and saw he upgraded to 20kg and 16kg spring rates and loved it, so I decided to follow suit.

I started by disassembling the rears first.

Going from 10kg to 16kg is gonna be sweet!
Out with the old,

In with the new!

Let's move to the front.

Sorry I didn't take any shots of the front disassembled. Like magic, they're swapped!

While I was in there I wanted to finally take care of the dang upper control arm slamming into my strut tower, so I cut out 30mm from the spindle and welded them back up. What a difference it made!

I totally stoked with how nice these spring rates feel and perform. Pete was lying at all when he said they aren't harsh! They feel fantastic and really gave me what I was looking for initially. The next track day is May 22 so I'll see how they perform!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.