post #77 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNort2310 View Post
Thanks Josh! Yeah, I'm getting there. Slowly, but surely. I did get a hold of him and was finally able to see the kit in person! I did find out that it was in fact a V:S kit, and not Vertex like he so adamant about. (I didn't care.. lol) So I picked it up a couple weeks ago, and he threw in the sides pretty much for free as he didn't want to try selling them separately.
I just read this. Nice pick up Nick, I'm glad it worked out and I had a feeling it wasn't a vertex but still looks good. So what sides are you going with? Are you going to sell the other set? Let me know!

Love the JIC front strut bar too, jealous and the calipers look great! Sorry again for not going through with selling the parts you were interested in, it was last second decision on keeping the Sportcross. Hope to finally meet you in person this spring/summer.

2005 MSM Sportcross: 4/10/09-12/4/13-Gone but Never Forgotten
2012 VW Sportwagen TDI
2014 Subaru Forester XT
post #78 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Re: 01 MSM Turbo Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
sweet man, looks like the car is in good hands
Yeah, it is for sure! I never even considered taking the car anywhere else. When I started looking for a tuner to finish up the build, PSI was the only company I ever considered. Their knowledge and customer service is second to none, and they do incredible work.. There is no price for piece of mind, and with these guys, I know I don't have anything to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
I just read this. Nice pick up Nick, I'm glad it worked out and I had a feeling it wasn't a vertex but still looks good. So what sides are you going with? Are you going to sell the other set? Let me know!

Love the JIC front strut bar too, jealous and the calipers look great! Sorry again for not going through with selling the parts you were interested in, it was last second decision on keeping the Sportcross. Hope to finally meet you in person this spring/summer.
Thanks Josh! I dropped off the kit last week to get fixed up and painted! I think I am going to stick with the unpainted sides as they are in a little better shape. I will be selling the sides I picked up from Easton. I need to get them out of storage and clean them up.. lol If you're interested, let me know!

Don't worry at all about the parts man, I had totally forgot about that.. Good decision on keeping the sportx! I went through the same thing when I found out I was having a little one. Just because you have a kid doesn't mean you HAVE to give up your car. Sure you can't mod it anymore the way you used to. That doesn't mean you have to give it up.. I have a buddy who has two girls, like 5 and 7. He went through the same thing. But it doesn't have to be the end. The mod bug will die down for a while, but this is something you can share with your little one. It's a hobby, obviously an expensive one.. There is no reason you can't keep your "baby" and have your baby.. Lol. Just do it in moderation..

I'm glad you decided to keep the sportx.. And yes, I would love to get out to some meets! And put some faces to user names.. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Autoguide.com

-Nick Norton-
RIP Brandon Robert Norton - 11/14/09
RIP Nicholas Vincenzo DeSimone - 8/20/07
01 MSM Turbo - 304 rwhp | SRT 2.75 | Re-build v.2 in progress
07 SB Jeep SRT8 - RM Springs | Taillight Solutions LED tails w/LED Rear Fog | WeatherTech

_____ My Build Thread :) _____

post #79 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Great stuff dood!
Can't wait to see the final numbers!

Too many people try to impress others and build their car to what they know someone will like.
You lose sight on what you like, when you simulate your likes around others dislikes.
-PhillyB

What the Fitment
post #80 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by N V ME View Post
Great stuff dood!
Can't wait to see the final numbers!
Thanks man! I can't wait either, I'm so giddy, I'm like a 5 year old xmas morning... lol

As I've mentioned before, I've really been wanting to change the wheel setup for quite a while now. I've thrown a lot of ideas around, make, model, size, width, etc etc...

That being said, I think I've finally come to a decision. Mind you, these will happen in due time, as I have other priorities right now.. But here is what I'm thinking..:

Leon Hardiritt Ordens

- 18's or 19's..
- x9/x10
- +20-25f/ +19r

Ever since I saw Eastons most recent wheel setup, I can't get that look out of head...

Here are some pics of what I'm thinking.

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363103692475.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363103731324.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363103784663.jpg

I was thinking maybe white faces? Or just leave them silver? Thoughts? Comments and criticism welcome.

-Nick Norton-
07 SB Jeep SRT8 - RM Springs | Taillight Solutions LED tails w/LED Rear Fog | WeatherTech

post #81 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Deity

love those wheels although with a boost setup and those aggressive wheels, traction may be an issue
post #82 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Extremist

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Josh! I dropped off the kit last week to get fixed up and painted! I think I am going to stick with the unpainted sides as they are in a little better shape. I will be selling the sides I picked up from Easton. I need to get them out of storage and clean them up.. lol If you're interested, let me know!

Don't worry at all about the parts man, I had totally forgot about that.. Good decision on keeping the sportx! I went through the same thing when I found out I was having a little one. Just because you have a kid doesn't mean you HAVE to give up your car. Sure you can't mod it anymore the way you used to. That doesn't mean you have to give it up.. I have a buddy who has two girls, like 5 and 7. He went through the same thing. But it doesn't have to be the end. The mod bug will die down for a while, but this is something you can share with your little one. It's a hobby, obviously an expensive one.. There is no reason you can't keep your "baby" and have your baby.. Lol. Just do it in moderation..

I'm glad you decided to keep the sportx.. And yes, I would love to get out to some meets! And put some faces to user names.. lol

Thanks bro! Great advice.

Glad to keep the Sportcross. When you have time, I would like to see how those sides will fit on mine for sure! I am trying to pick up the LSportline front...not sure on the sides, I kind of don't like it. I wonder how Easton's sides will look with the LSportline bumper.........The owner from Tacoma area has the LSportline kit. He's been on the fence on whether to sell his car or not and I am trying to convince him to sell me the front bumper first. lol He said he will let me know in a few weeks.

Quote:
That being said, I think I've finally come to a decision. Mind you, these will happen in due time, as I have other priorities right now.. But here is what I'm thinking..:

Leon Hardiritt Ordens

- 18's or 19's..
- x9/x10
- +20-25f/ +19r

Ever since I saw Eastons most recent wheel setup, I can't get that look out of head...

I was thinking maybe white faces? Or just leave them silver? Thoughts? Comments and criticism welcome.

I love your current wheels man. That's just my style of wheels so I am biased. If I had to choose what color faces, I would stick with silver.

2012 VW Sportwagen TDI
2014 Subaru Forester XT
post #83 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Quote:
love those wheels although with a boost setup and those aggressive wheels, traction may be an issue
Thanks man! Like I said, still on the fence. Also, I don't envision picking up anything for a while unless I can get a good deal on my current setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sway162 View Post
Thanks bro! Great advice.

Glad to keep the Sportcross. When you have time, I would like to see how those sides will fit on mine for sure! I am trying to pick up the LSportline front...not sure on the sides, I kind of don't like it. I wonder how Easton's sides will look with the LSportline bumper.........The owner from Tacoma area has the LSportline kit. He's been on the fence on whether to sell his car or not and I am trying to convince him to sell me the front bumper first. lol He said he will let me know in a few weeks.

I love your current wheels man. That's just my style of wheels so I am biased. If I had to choose what color faces, I would stick with silver.
Thanks man! Let me know whenever you have time, I got the sides in my garage. We can do a test fit any time.

-Nick Norton-

post #84 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Some presents showed up today...

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363150790184.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363150809333.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363150839945.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363150855134.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363150864721.jpg

Thanks FIGS! Been wanting to pick these up for years now.. Finally was able to save some money since my car has been out of commission for like 2 years now..

-Nick Norton-

post #85 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 AM
Deity

post #86 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Quote:
Figs
Mmmmmm! Ha

-Nick Norton-

post #87 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

More toys today.. I ordered a UR cam gear from MVP Motorsports, with no ETA last summer. Called them up last week for an update, they told me still no ETA. Then, they offered the Titan 6-bolt cam gear that they had in stock, and delivered 3 days later!

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363325557883.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363325567820.jpg

Nicks IS300 Turbo Re-build v.2-uploadfromtaptalk1363325578089.jpg

-Nick Norton-

post #88 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
Extremist

Garage
Nice man!^Can't go wrong with a 6 bolt. I didn't know those came in 6 bolt. I had the UR a while back, very nice product but I heard good things with Titan.

So, Easton's sides are in pretty good shape? Does it need to be repainted or anything? That's MSM right? lol

What's your schedule like this Sunday? I am going to be up near Northgate mall in the afternoon.

2012 VW Sportwagen TDI
2014 Subaru Forester XT
post #89 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

I didn't know they made a 6 bolt either.. But yeah, the sides are in pretty good shape, and they are MSM, so no need to paint!

I'm pretty busy on Sunday, but I should have some time ib the early afternoon, around 1-2 or so. Let me know brotha!

-Nick Norton-

post #90 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Extremist

Garage
Right on bro, I will get back to you tomorrow.....either on here or Facebook. 1-2 should work with me also. Meeting at the Mens Warehouse up there at 3. Putting my stock headers and Y back on Sunday am.....damn I got a busy day!

2012 VW Sportwagen TDI
2014 Subaru Forester XT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page