Advertisement

post #302 of 311 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNort2310 View Post
Well, here is the update I promised last week. Sorry about that..

After sitting on the car for the better part of a year, contemplating what direction I wanted to go with the build, I decided I didn't want to cut any corners anymore, and only the best would go into it this time around. That being said, rather than building a GE, I had decided I wanted to go GTE, preferably with VVT-i, but where to find one at a decent price, and also reputable..?? Well, about a year ago, my dream engine was posted up FS, but there was no way I could afford it at the time. Fast forward to about a month ago, I had recently come into some money (thanks IRS) and had a personal loan that was completely paid off. Low and behold, the engine was still available. After reaching out, the seller (who is the nicest, coolest guy I think I've ever talked to) decided to sell to me. Without further ado, this was delivered last Friday, 4/17/2015.
This thing is absolutely beautiful, pictures truly do not do it justice.. It honestly should belong in a museum.. It is a true testament to the dedication and hard work that the original owner and builder put into it. Words cannot express how appreciative I am of the time spent planning this build, not only for myself, but for the modding community in general. You see kids always trying to get the best deal on parts, with no regard for quality, or longevity. Looking over the engine, you can honestly see the quality of the parts included, and that everything is in mint condition. I could not be happier with this purchase, and the ease of the transaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaltezza View Post
Hiral's motor? I was wondering who it got sold to, glad it's in good hands!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraMan1784 View Post
ah i figured it was Hiral's motor... i heard it was sold... kinda suspected it when i saw some of the pieces on there... that's a well built motor... thats for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdout View Post
You're doing it right! Check my sig

Norton thank you very much for the kind words brutha. I wish you all the best and luck on your project. I know the Engine went to a good home and i'll be checking in time and time again to see how you're doing. Hope all is well, you can text me if you have any questions in the future. A lot of people put their heart and soul into that engine and a lot of people spent time making sure that was a fine example of a 2JZ. You should be proud =)

Congratulations again, wish u all the best

-Hiral

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fully Built 2JZGTE VVTI , HEADGAMES Ferrea Head, FOUR RINGS Perf. Block, IP Cstm Pistons/Manley TurboTuff/Calico/ARP
Precision 6766HP CEA, 272 VVTI Cams, STG3 V160, Clutchmster Twin, ETS Twin Scroll, Tial, GS400 Rear, TRD LSD, Supra Axles,
Stoptech 4Whl BBK, Full Figs Suspension, KW V3, ProEFI 128, ID2000, Squash DBL Pumpr, Dual Tanabe Exhst
Check out my Build Thread =) Hiral's Build Thread
post #303 of 311 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 12:20 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Hell of a build! Can't wait to see the updates :D Keep it up, hope you get a lot of parts from your wish list.

This is how IS300 builds should look like, not just slammed with -20 camber

'05 IS300 - Daily Driven

Instagram

post #304 of 311 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogujuhere View Post
Norton thank you very much for the kind words brutha. I wish you all the best and luck on your project. I know the Engine went to a good home and i'll be checking in time and time again to see how you're doing. Hope all is well, you can text me if you have any questions in the future. A lot of people put their heart and soul into that engine and a lot of people spent time making sure that was a fine example of a 2JZ. You should be proud =)

Congratulations again, wish u all the best

-Hiral

See what I mean..?

Thanks for the kind words too! And you can be sure I'll be bugging you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS_aLEX View Post
Hell of a build! Can't wait to see the updates :D Keep it up, hope you get a lot of parts from your wish list.

This is how IS300 builds should look like, not just slammed with -20 camber

Thanks man, appreciate that! I've just built my car to my personal taste, and if my progress/experiences help others, then that's an added bonus. I get that people are into different "styles," and I respect everyone's build, as we all have our own tastes and preferences. But honestly, I feel like we're being overrun by this new "style" of suspension and wheels, and calling it good. If that's what you're into, that's fine, but that's not my personal taste.

Btw, I actually have a few more updates, just need to get the pictures uploaded.. Lol
IS-ZERO likes this.

-Nick Norton-
RIP Brandon Robert Norton - 11/14/09
RIP Nicholas Vincenzo DeSimone - 8/20/07
01 MSM Turbo - 304 rwhp | SRT 2.75 | Re-build v.2 in progress
07 SB Jeep SRT8 - RM Springs | Taillight Solutions LED tails w/LED Rear Fog | WeatherTech

_____ My Build Thread :) _____
post #305 of 311 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 12:34 AM
Guru

Quoted: 152 Post(s)

Garage
Do you have pics of the bottom of your ugo roof spoiler? I was told that mine was authentic, but how do you know for sure that it is?

My thread of picture whor@ge: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
post #306 of 311 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNort2310 View Post

Thanks man, appreciate that! I've just built my car to my personal taste, and if my progress/experiences help others, then that's an added bonus. I get that people are into different "styles," and I respect everyone's build, as we all have our own tastes and preferences. But honestly, I feel like we're being overrun by this new "style" of suspension and wheels, and calling it good. If that's what you're into, that's fine, but that's not my personal taste.

Btw, I actually have a few more updates, just need to get the pictures uploaded.. Lol
To each is own of course but it seems that the car scene took away from functional side and majority is into stance scene. Part of me wishes my car could be stanced because Japan makes them look gorgeous. Drove a few times with stanced cars on highway and they had to crawl at 40-50mph because of dips and whatnot, meanwhile I want to go 100+ lol. I just don't like that they get defensive when function guys call it stupid (imo when it looks broken ...it looks broken lol there is a thing as too much camber), I don't see the function guys getting defensive when people say their builds are a waste of money etc etc. Respect should come from both sides even criticism, and build cars for our own personal preference not someone else's.

Your build is very helpful since it's informative, not many go to such extent. I need to make a build thread but never on forums anymore.

Keep it up Can't wait to see the new updates.

'05 IS300 - Daily Driven

Instagram
post #307 of 311 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

First post has been updated.

Been a long time, but this project is still going on.. Reason for the delay was trying to find a shop that not only would do my engine bay, and roll cage, but would do it for a reasonable price.. I was finally able to get a hold of a friend of mine who has been fabricating for 15+ years, and is starting his own company, and we agreed on a price. Additionally, I recently started school again pursuing my MBA. I work full time as an accountant for a hotel management company, and have a 5 year old at home. So, needless to say, I've been a little busy.. Which, unfortunately, doesn't leave a lot of time to work on my other baby..

Other than that, I have just been stockpiling parts. A lot of the items that I really wanted for this build have now become harder to find, so a lot of them have been placed on back order, taking 3-5 months for delivery.. That being said, in the last year or so, I've accumulated the following:

As you can see, what is left on the first post is mostly the larger/more expensive parts. I am planning on having this completed by summer 2018 *fingers crossed*

- Getrag V160 6-speed Transmission
- SupraStore Billet Shifter Bracket for V160 into IS300
- SupraStore Modified Shift Rod for V160 into IS300
- SupraStore V160 Crossmember
- TRD Supra Transmission Mount
- Suckerpunch MKIV Supra V160 Short Shifter
- OEM MKIV Supra Shift Knob
- OEM IS300 Manual Transmission Tunnel
- SupraStore IS300 V160 SS Braided Clutch Line
- Nardi Deep Corn Steering Wheel - 330mm Black Perforated Leather - Red Stitch
- NRG Short Hub
- NRG Quick Release Gen 2.5 - Black / CF Ring
- Squash Performance IS300 Twin Pump Hanger (-8 supply & return)
- Dual Walbro 450LPH Pumps
- DW Heavy Duty Fuel Pump Wiring Kit
- JDM Altezza RS200 Digital Display Cluster w/ 9K Tach - Dakota Digital SGI-5, SGI-8 and KM -> MPH Signal Conversion
- PowerHouse Racing Polished Waterpump Pulley, Alternator Pulley, Power Steering Pulley, Idler Pulley
- MOJO Performance GM LQ9 Coil-pack System
- Megan Racing 70A Engine Mounts

And, next week, I will be placing my order for my Clinched Widebody Kit. Then, I will be travelling down to Houston next month for TX2k17! I went last year, and it was absolutely insane.. This year is supposed to be bigger and better, as a lot of shops backed out last minute last year, due to weather concerns.. I am beyond excited to get down there, and see the ridiculous builds, and stupid fast cars.. That, plus I've gone to Shift Sector in Oregon the last two years, which was bananas; here are a few of my fav pics..

- The white Huracan is owned by Richard Fowler, built by Underground Racing, pushing 2200 whp on race gas, who broke the 1/2 mile record at 247.25 mph.. The R8 behind it is his brother's car, also built by Underground Racing, and I believe he hit around 235 mph..

- This GTR is owned by Lucas English, owner of English Racing down in Vancouver, WA. They build some insanely fast cars.. This one hit 242 I think, shortly after the Huracan ran his 247.. He races the piss out of this thing, and uses it both in the 1/2 mile, and it 1/4 mile, both from a dig and roll racing.. He was down in FL a few weeks back for the "GTR World Cup" and ran a 7.02 in the 1/4.. They will be down at TX2k with several of their cars, and will be one of 3 shops aiming for the 6's in their GTR's..

Another Huracan I liked..

And, I'll just leave this here..

Anyway, here is what I have for pics right now.. I've been bad with taking pictures of purchased parts; I'll try to go back through everything I've purchased, and get pics of it all.. One thing of note (if anyone is still reading), is that you will notice I've purchased several items from SupraStore. I will comment that they have been incredible to work with! Their customer service is beyond anything I've ever experienced, if you place an order for $10, they will treat you like you've spend $10k+.. That, and the quality in parts I've received has been second-to-none (these are some of the parts I need to get posted)..

Enough of that, on to the pics I have:

- OEM IS300 Manual Trans Tunnel spot welded in (yes, it has since been sanded down)

- Test Fitting the Main Hoop (like a glove):

- Rest of the cage mocked up:

- Door bars:

Engine Bay pics (spot welding everything was a pain in the d***):

Sanded down:

Plates fab'd for the IC piping:

Done!

And, she's back home!!

Next on the list is to get the cage "sanded" down with some steel wool, so it's clean of surface rust. Then, I can get it painted. However, since I live in Seattle, I'm not sure when this is going to happen.. I'll need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit, where I can pull the car out of the garage again, and pull the doors off.. Once that happens, I can start piecing her back together..

I'll likely get started with suspension components, and routing wiring while the car is gutted, and working on the body. I need to pull my engine out of storage here soon, so I can start installing the parts that have been laying around.. I likely won't drop it in until I purchase the rest of the parts that need to be mounted directly onto it (turbo, intake manifold), to avoid having to install everything in the car.. The transmission however, will likely be installed after the engine is dropped in, so that can happen anytime afterwards (obviously).. Then, I can proceed with getting the body lined out, the wheels/tires/suspension, and the rear end/LSD taken care of. Then, the electrical, and any/all finishing touches..
TobiasSing likes this.

-Nick Norton-
07 SB Jeep SRT8 - RM Springs | Taillight Solutions LED tails w/LED Rear Fog | WeatherTech

post #308 of 311 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 07:14 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

It's been so long I thought you had given up on the build and sold the car. Nice to see your still going thru with the build. I bought your srt kit from you btw.

Lemme guess your shooting for around 800-1000whp?

Its Better To Have And Not Want, Than To Want And Not Have
LIFE never stops teaching, so we should never stop LEARNING
Watch build thread. : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...XBnCliYMmEcTAH
post #309 of 311 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Awesome work man! just read through this thread. Good luck with the rest of the project.

2004 IS300 Eshift
BRZ 4.1 LSD - 18x8.5 Evo X Enkei's - Koni
- Tein - Stoptech - EBC - Tanabe
Thread: http://my.is/forums/f219/tvl3rds-2004-is300-565586/
post #310 of 311 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadis300 View Post
It's been so long I thought you had given up on the build and sold the car. Nice to see your still going thru with the build. I bought your srt kit from you btw.

Lemme guess your shooting for around 800-1000whp?
Ha, yeah.. It's been longer than I intended.. But, I've just been busy with other stuff recently, and just continuing to stock pile parts while the bay and cage were being worked on.. The shop that had it took a lot longer than originally expected.. The owner/fabricator had to go to Montana for personal reasons, so my car (and several others) were put on halt.. I was originally told it would take 2-3 weeks, but they had it for about 4 months..

And to answer your question, that's exactly the range I'm aiming for. Still researching and learning a lot on turbos themselves.. I had my heart set on the 6466/6766 DBB turbo for a while, but after going to all these events the last couple years, I'm open to whatever gets me in the same power range. At TX2k last year, I felt like I saw Borg Warner's more than any other manufacturer, so we'll see when the time comes.. When I get down to Texas for the event, I'll be meeting and talking with several new people, and builders, to get more opinions/experience on their personal setups..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvl3rd View Post
Awesome work man! just read through this thread. Good luck with the rest of the project.
Thanks man! It's been a long time, and this thread could be 5x longer if I was more diligent in taking/posting pics, and documenting everything.. I've had a lot of support, and the car has extreme sentimental value to me, so it definitely isn't going anywhere. Just need to continue stockpiling for now, until the weather clears up.. lol

-Nick Norton-

post #311 of 311 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Formerly known as 01WaIS

Placed an order for my Clinched Overfenders last night, should be here in a few weeks.

-Nick Norton-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page