User Tag List

61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)

Aw man guys, you're giving me too many ideas! This is gonna be an expensive wreck, isn't it LOL.

I'm assuming that the front lip in that last pic (the blue car) has been modified to fit a US bumper? I think I like that a lot actually, as well as those blue / white side skirts.... and the rear bumper (NOT the lip). I think the rear lip, front bumper, and gray side skirts are ugly IMO lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Guru

Here's a quick pic of the aftermath.... I'll post more later.

But I'm trying to come up with options fast.... and everything is pointing to the Chargespeed rear and Vertex or Seibon sides, and those LED tail lights. For some reason, I had never noticed the Vertex side skirts.... always thought they were the Walds or something. But I like the Vertex..... they might be too low though for the Chargespeed (which is why I'm considering the Seibon still).
post #93 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Blue Devil

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Garage
Oh nooooooo I'm sad to see your IS like that bro.

Glad you're alright man. Gunna look awesome when you get a new rear

©2006 my.IS
IS300 '01 - Spectra Blue Mica | ELIXIR | SRT 2.75 Turbo | V161 6-speed | Volk GT-M | Tein CS |

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |

post #94 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Damn bro!!! Glad to see you're doing ok. Sucks to see you ride like that. Was coming along so nice and quickly. But like you said, now you have a reason to change up the rear a bit. Just hate to see it had to be in this fashion. Id say chargespeed for sure unless you're super ballin and get HKS ; )

Lexus IS300 AR
Altezza||HKS||JOE-Z||Megan
1999 Honda Accord R.I.P.
2002 Honda Civic SI EP3 SOLD
2002 Audi A6 Quattro SOLD
post #95 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Thanks, yeah that's how I'm driving now.... except I've done some primer finish work on all the exposed spots so that I won't have rust later. I've also fixed up the rear bumper some and painted it... looks a little better lol. But I'm going to find some brackets and stuff I lost before I install it. It's going to be a pain trying to fit new parts, as nothing fits the same now. Oh well, still LOTS of fun to drive!

And, from what I've gathered.... the HKS isn't about ballin, but about finding one. I could totally buy one if I could find one. But I don't really like it.... it's kinda "bubbly" and I don't like the strip things. I'm definitely thinking Chargespeed (which is still ballin LOL) and custom tail lights.
post #96 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Aficionado

LOL Yeah it is a pain to get. But Im with you, like the Chargespeed much more. How you planning to do the tails??

Lexus IS300 AR
1999 Honda Accord R.I.P.
post #97 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Guru

I'm very close to buying the chargespeed at this point, but I still got to fit the old bumper back on to see how that goes.

I'm planning to build some of my own LED tails, completely original. I don't like any that have been created so far. I'm just not sure which lights I should use to build from, and if I should red out the upper part or not.
post #98 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Have you looked at phillyb's IS? He has Vertex sides and Chargespeed rear.

Another guy with a black IS and gold SSR Professor MS1's does also but I can't think of his screen name!

I think it will look good. I considered it but decided to stick with the full Vertex kit.
post #99 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Guru

who hasn't seen philly's IS and hasn't wanted it??? LOL. I'm still pretty set on the Chargespeed bumper, but not on the vertex sides (I still think they'll be too low or poke out funny).

The full vertex kit would require JDM bumpers... not sure I want that headache now lol.
post #100 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

shhhua's daily 2004 black onyx daily *updated 5/15/11 pg 2 & 4*

I think the Vertex sides and Chargespeed rear work, but the Vertex sides and Greddy front might not.

How low is the Greddy lip compared to the black plastic flaps that hang down infront of the front wheels?
post #101 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Yeah, the more I search, the more I like the Vertex+Chargespeed. It depends on how the sides are mounted though... they poke out funny on some cars.

Yeah, the Greddy is not as low, and I don't like it 100%. When I got it, I was going to go for a similar-sized lip all around. But I've bought the authentic Chargespeed bumper now, and I'll see how that compares to what I've got now.

I'm not sure how low the Greddy is compared to the plastic flaps... I removed those ASAP haha. It's definitely lower, but not much. The Wald front is still my favorite (just not the ugly ABS thing I had first).
post #102 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
I'm very close to buying the chargespeed at this point, but I still got to fit the old bumper back on to see how that goes.

I'm planning to build some of my own LED tails, completely original. I don't like any that have been created so far. I'm just not sure which lights I should use to build from, and if I should red out the upper part or not.
I honestly think with the blue, u should just paint the tails black. This.k it would look cleaner than the red. The red seems to look better on white or black. But that's just me. Congrats on getting the bumper, can't wait to see it on the car bro.

Lexus IS300 AR
1999 Honda Accord R.I.P.
post #103 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Yeah, I'm really torn up still about which to get.... all clear or red/clear. Either way, I'm gonna paint the insides darker... although I'm not even sure about that. I don't want it too be too dark, but I still want it shiny. I'll probably just do flat black or something anyway. I don't want to screw it up. I can always get the clear lights and redout the lens if needed.

I definitely like the tails I had before, but I think the car needs something different to go with the rest of the theme.
post #104 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Deity

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Chargespeed rear is going to be so sick.
post #105 of 1113 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Guru

I never did put up pics after the coilovers... I did have time to edit a few.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page