User Tag List

61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-07-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)

thanks! Honestly, I haven't noticed any change from the engine damper, except for lots of vibration and noise when stopped at a red light
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo3 View Post
wow Chris... slow down lol

love that grille btw!

again sell me ur hood lmao
lol.... I'm unsure about the looks of the car now, not sure about the hood anymore... but I'm through with the outside for now. I really need to fix the suspension. I'm gathering a huge pile of parts in the garage to upgrade lots of stuff at once. Slow down? Never! lol. Winter doesn't help though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it bad enough to remove it??
post #48 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Guru

I'd rather make it work... just gotta find out how to reduce the vibration/noise. The damper provides more peace-of-mind than anything it seems, just knowing that the engine isn't moving all around anymore.

post #49 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
thanks! Honestly, I haven't noticed any change from the engine damper, except for lots of vibration and noise when stopped at a red light

lol.... I'm unsure about the looks of the car now, not sure about the hood anymore... but I'm through with the outside for now. I really need to fix the suspension. I'm gathering a huge pile of parts in the garage to upgrade lots of stuff at once. Slow down? Never! lol. Winter doesn't help though.
One of my favorite things about the car is the hood. It's not common and great looking! Don't change a thing.

IS..less
post #50 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Guru

well and it wasn't cheap, either haha. I do like the hood, but I gotta stop playing with the body style for now
post #51 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Guru

My BC BR+ coilovers with 14/12 spring rates finally arrived! I've got a pile of stuff to install now, now just to find a good day to install it all...

post #52 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Deity

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

BC BR Coilovers, TRD yellow sways, SRT rear subframe bracing, and rear strut bar. Now that's a nice list of stuff to install! Enjoy man!
post #53 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Lurker

i really like your stance with the tanabe springs, im sure it can only get better once you put the BC coils on.

what are your alignment specs in those pics? i am actually shooting for a very similar stance as you.
post #54 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Guru

^^ honestly, I have NO CLUE. I liked the drop rates of the GF210 springs, but I am convinced that my shocks are all blown right now. The thing really is a death trap to drive LOL. I think that's why it sits so darn low on the springs, and it always seemed lower than normal when I bought it. It does seem like the shocks are only getting worse. You are certainly welcome to the springs when I remove them, barely used really (I bike everywhere in the warm half of the year).

Thanks Jerm! lol, the parts certainly aren't doing me any good in the garage! Too bad now's the worst time for working on the car.
post #55 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Did you get the extreme low kit BC's? I wish I would have...

If you did would you measure the spring? Or see what size it says? Thanks!

Car looks great and I'm pretty sure you'll love the BC's
post #56 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Lurker

Quote:
^^ honestly, I have NO CLUE. I liked the drop rates of the GF210 springs, but I am convinced that my shocks are all blown right now. The thing really is a death trap to drive LOL. I think that's why it sits so darn low on the springs, and it always seemed lower than normal when I bought it. It does seem like the shocks are only getting worse. You are certainly welcome to the springs when I remove them, barely used really (I bike everywhere in the warm half of the year).

Thanks Jerm! lol, the parts certainly aren't doing me any good in the garage! Too bad now's the worst time for working on the car.
i intend to get myself a set of BC coilovers as well =)

at your current stance, did you have to do any other modifications to the fender wells, bumper mounts, or liners other than fender roll?
post #57 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_is View Post
Did you get the extreme low kit BC's? I wish I would have...

If you did would you measure the spring? Or see what size it says? Thanks!

Car looks great and I'm pretty sure you'll love the BC's
Yes, I got the extreme lowering kit (shorter shock bodies) with the 14/12 springs. I plan to lay it as low as possible just to get a pic for kicks haha. I haven't touched the coilovers, just opened the box, so I'll think to check them for you next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsi View Post
i intend to get myself a set of BC coilovers as well =)

at your current stance, did you have to do any other modifications to the fender wells, bumper mounts, or liners other than fender roll?
Yeah, so I'm on the GF210 springs and blown 120,000mile shocks. It's quite low and bouncy, or rather, the suspension travels a lot.

The wheels are 19x8, tires are 225/35/19. Rear offset of 21, front 31.

I had to roll the rear fenders completely flat, and pull all 4 fenders. I'm rubbing on the bumper mount tabs (I think). Oh, and I did cut out a wide strip of the front fender liners.
post #58 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Thanks man. If you have some free time would you mind unscrewing the bottom mount from a front and rear and measuring the four pieces for me? It would only take a couple minutes

I'd really appreciate it though. I bought BC's almost 2 years ago (if I remember right lol) and had no idea about the shorter shock bodies. I would have gone with that option in a heart beat. And like I said, you should love them. I have had ZERO issues with mine since day one. No noises, no worn bushings, and they still look great even after a little bit of winter use.

Only thing I want is to go lower I'd like to compare so I know how much shorter they are and if I'd need shorter springs.
post #59 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 11:25 PM
Lurker

Quote:
I had to roll the rear fenders completely flat, and pull all 4 fenders. I'm rubbing on the bumper mount tabs (I think). Oh, and I did cut out a wide strip of the front fender liners.
this is the info i was hoping not to hear haha. so are you currently lower than in your pics on your first post just because the struts are blown? did you have to do all of that right from the beginning or was it over time as your shocks went out and you were sagging more?
post #60 of 1113 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 04:42 AM
Altruist

nice parts... keep up the good work!

~98 RHD-Supra In progress
~09 C63-AMG DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page