User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Wiring takes forever ,especially since Ive never done anything this in depth.

Some of the connectors i decided to crimp and soldier my own ends because i had to buy the connectors anyways.

The intake manifold is on for good now , I received my tensioner pulley yesterday so i put it on and found a belt to fit

I don't know how anyone else has done it but i found drilling a hole in the floorboard is the best way to bleed the clutch , there was no way i was going to be able to get a socket on the bleeder otherwise.
I think most peoples swaps have the engine further forward.

my custom clutch assembily feels amazing , im curious why everybody uses 7/8'' master cylinders ? the 3/4" disengages it fully and im sure its much easier on your leg...

This car is going to be my daily only for a little while. Im probably going to buy a older diesel vw jetta, or a ls400. im going to keep this car street legal but slowly build it into my drift/ time trials car by having two sets of adjustable front suspension that are aligned how i want them and making all of the factory adjusters fixed in place. That way i can change set ups without re aligning the car.
so all of the factory radio, airbags and heat/ac are getting removed ,i will be leaving the defroster ducting on the bottom side of the dash and connecting it to 2 12v electric heater/ blowers so it is still streetable. iv driven cars without any heater and really hated wiping the windshield every 30 seconds when it was raining

Having the Firewall cleared off is going to make it 100% easier to modify the gas pedal to work with the gm cable

Btw those are factory power seat brackets that i modified to work on a bucket seat , they move forward , back and tilt

The efi harness is ready to put in the car , just need to connect the water temp sender, and crank position sensor at the right length

not sure if im going to use the Lexus engine cover , there's just so much custom shiny stuff all over the place that it doesn't look factory , i might look for a cover that came on a Lexus v8 when everything else is done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Follower

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)

This is one of the most unique builds i've seen, Your skills and knowledge are uncanny, not to mention your stamina. Watching this so far is an emotional roller coaster.. . At times I was cheering and then crying.. .. lol Overall great work, keep it up and finish this beast! We all would like to see your finished product. Good Luck to you.
whatthe likes this.

Build Here

Video Here

DIY Oil Filter Relocation Here

Follow Instagram.com/FSprtJK <--Here
Check out TireStickers.Com <--Here
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I'm very envious of the simplicity of the clutch pedal you designed. The stock one has so many moving parts! I just had to take it out to change the bushings because it was squeaking, it's a PITA but nothing compared to what you've done in this build. Very impressive stuff so far, keep up the good work!

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

So the car runs now but only half the time because my cam sensor is bad and the msd box doesnt know which cycle the engine is on. also my alternator is no good so once i change those out it will be ready to start fixing the tune. also i don't care how streetable it is anymore so im pulling out all of the factory wiring and insulation then wiring up the brake lights ,turn signals ,and windows for now as well as removing the sunroof. the car is still going to have carpet door panels a backseat and dash+console im also going to ditch the factory brake master cylinder/booster and abs and go to a Wilwood non boosted setup with a proportioning valve i got a steal on a couple hundered feet of 1.75'' .095 wall dom tubing so im going to start on a wrc style cage with front and rear door bars once i get all of the insulation and wiring pulled out. The goal is ultimately to have a 4 door drift machine

the first time in a year i washed it

big jumbled mess

zipties holding the fuel regulator because when i change the brake system the lines wont be in the way to mount it to the firewall

don't know why its rotated but here's the engine

Anyone in texas want to buy a truck? decided to sell my lightning it just costs me too much for a daily even with gas prices down my gas cost is a lot and on top of that im paying $2400 a year in insurance so im going to sell it to fund this project some more and get a vw diesel

389hp and 496ft/lbs at the wheels with some big drag radials
slow4dr likes this.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

The whole body harness

basic cage sketch , still waiting for approval from Lone Star Drift that this design is Ok then ill draw it up in bendtech pro

no more fusebox and harness junk on the fender wells
whatthe, FRaCTioNaL and slow4dr like this.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 09:33 AM

I'm interested in also doing this swap. And also want to keep it as a daily with ac. When it was running and check engine lights ? And how hard/difficult was the wiring
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam_Jay View Post
I'm interested in also doing this swap. And also want to keep it as a daily with ac. When it was running and check engine lights ? And how hard/difficult was the wiring
If you buy Dedicated Motorsport's whole kit its probably pretty easy as long as you don't find it hard to write a $3000 check for everything you need minus your engine, transmission , exhaust ,and ecu
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

So i've been working on the cage for a couple days now its almost half way done.

I used dry ice to remove the sound Matte from the floor, will probably come Back later and get the rest off of the trans tunnel.
Decided to do drop thru's because boxes are ugly

floor plates are temporarily in place

sorry for the crappy photos it got dark before i got the camera out

The forward bars are positioned so they don't obstruct your view, they will also be plated in later when i pony up the cash for a set of dimple dies.

You may have noticed how this build started in a bigass shop full of equipment then it stopped for 8 months and now im in my driveway. With the oil industry going to shit here in Texas it didn't make sense to keep the doors open anymore and most of the heavy equipment is in a storage building without 3 phase power. So after working out of town for a while im back home and inbetween jobs. The weather has been brutal this last week 95 degree weather with 70% humidity and no breeze because of all of the damn trees.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

I managed to remove the rear window without breaking it , but i have it taped in place right now because we've had a lot of rain.

The cage is almost finished being fitted now, just need to run 2 bars to the front strut towers and two to the rear strut towers + plate those areas but unfortunately my plasma cutter needs the consumables replaced. Im going to order a furick cup for my tig welder, the gas diffuser on my torch right now is trashed and i don't have any collects the right size for it anyways....

Parts of the door bars aren't tacked in place yet because they need to be taken out to be sanded and degreased before welding.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Did you ever finish this build?

'03 IS300 SD TCM 5-SPD LSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page