**HIRAL's BUILD** EPIC PART-OUT - Page 2 - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Latex salesman

my.IS Supporter
Mayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community member
Hey Big Daddy! I'm still waiting for an LC Meet!
Lexotic Concepts MW 006
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2010, 09:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Extremist

N V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community member
WOW! Very awesome!

What the Fitment
N V ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-31-2010, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Addict

my.IS Supporter
Yogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community member
Thank you guys very much for the encouragement.... I hope to bring you guys along on my journey and to give back to the community I've learned so much from. Updates will most likely be in the form of the 1st page being updated and we can discuss anything throughout the ensuing pages I assume will be reached....

Mayo, you know you've helped me out quite a bit towards the later years of this build. Thanks again for your words of encouragement and candor. You know you're the reason I have the Tanabe Touring Medalion among other things. You're review and advice on it were invaluable. Thanks again!

Rich, you the man. We should definitely meet up and grab some drinks. Things have been so crazy on my end lately that maybe I should postpone that towards spring/summer Thanks again for the encouragement and very kind words.... they mean A LOT. As far as the Lexotic movement, i think that it should without a doubt be resurrected. Not only for yourselves as I know you all are great friends... but to also keep up the high level of creativity and standards that you guys represented. In my view, those were the sickest IS's on this board. Its something all the new members should at least know about or be reminded of... that this platform is something special. That people before them have done great great things to push the boundaries of this car and to represent quality and excellence. There really should be a way to remind folks how widespread the IS community once was and still can be. Supraforums.com does a great job of holding onto their members and everyone pushes each other. Their annual texas meet is THE meet of legends. 11 Second cars are a dime a dozen at those meets and the camaraderie there is tremendous. For our IS folk, mass meets like OH2k10 should and can be stronger. There should be a year round goal focus for that meet with people updating their rides towards making that event as they do in the Texas supra meet. People just need to be reminded of the large strong IS meets there used to be. Whether that means putting up threads about a previous IS you once owned or the group photos i'm sure the Lexotic folks still have, i'm sure we have enough material to reignite the buzz on our platform base. We need to inspire the movement once again and remind people of the excellence there once was and still is. The potential is strong and ask almost anyone into imports outside of the IS scene..................
This platform is still very Highly respected......
Yogujuhere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Altruist

2006 ToyDrive Participant
Blue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community memberBlue99Altezza is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogujuhere View Post
Lexotic movement, i think that it should without a doubt be resurrected. Not only for yourselves as I know you all are great friends... but to also keep up the high level of creativity and standards that you guys represented. In my view, those were the sickest IS's on this board. Its something all the new members should at least know about or be reminded of... that this platform is something special. That people before them have done great great things to push the boundaries of this car and to represent quality and excellence. There really should be a way to remind folks how widespread the IS community once was and still can be. Supraforums.com does a great job of holding onto their members and everyone pushes each other. Their annual texas meet is THE meet of legends. 11 Second cars are a dime a dozen at those meets and the camaraderie there is tremendous. For our IS folk, mass meets like OH2k10 should and can be stronger. There should be a year round goal focus for that meet with people updating their rides towards making that event as they do in the Texas supra meet. People just need to be reminded of the large strong IS meets there used to be. Whether that means putting up threads about a previous IS you once owned or the group photos i'm sure the Lexotic folks still have, i'm sure we have enough material to reignite the buzz on our platform base. We need to inspire the movement once again and remind people of the excellence there once was and still is. The potential is strong and ask almost anyone into imports outside of the IS scene..................
This platform is still very Highly respected......
I would vote for you!

Cool thread, I wish I could keep a car for 10 years!
Blue99Altezza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-31-2010, 08:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Under House Arrest

bsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community member
x2

esp accident free/minty fressssh
bsand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #21 (permalink)
Latex salesman

my.IS Supporter
Mayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community memberMayo is an elite community member
Good words Hiral. They're from the heart. It would be nice to organize an LC Meet from all the different chapters and use the Supra Texas Meet as a benchmark. If you build it, they will come.
Lexotic Concepts MW 006
Old 01-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Fiend

ISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community memberISNINE is an elite community member
Interesting story man!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Guru

Bezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNINE View Post
Interesting story man!
Yes but We need more build pictures , this thread is more of a inside and out thread.......

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Bezik777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Addict

my.IS Supporter
Yogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community memberYogujuhere is an elite community member
Build pictures will come soon.... I didn't take build pictures up to its current point, but there is a lot going on and there will be a lot more pictures especially through its build
Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Addict

my.IS Supporter
Next UPDATE:

Here is how the motor looks current day:

So after driving for a while I noticed a sound coming from the engine bay that i knew didn't sound right. It sounded like metal - metal contact. At the time, I had no idea what that was and thought I'd get it checked out as soon as possible. Life was to busy for me at the moment and I just had no time to get it checked. What started off as a noise turned into a strained feel on the throttle. If i would press down on the throttle, it felt like the engine was straining to gain revs. At that time I thought that it could be something wrong with the exhaust possibly or that something somehow got stuck in there. Reason I thought that was because the car started sounding like an old 30 year old jalopy. Brah brah brah down the road it would sound and I couldn't figure it out. So I took it to my buddy at Tach Motor Works in Oceanside NY and he took a look at it. Mind you, i limped it over there as at this point it wouldn't rev past 3k rpms. Lucky (my tech) took a look at it and told me what he thought it could be and asked if i'd allow him to perform a compression check. I obliged and this is what he found.

At 113,000 Miles -

Clyinder 1 Compression - 20
Cylinder 2 Compression - 150
Cylinder 3 Compression - 160
Cylinder 4 Compression - 150
Cylinder 5 Compression - 40
Cylinder 6 Compression - 150

Cylinder 1 & 5 somehow lost compression and the sound I felt was coming from my exhaust was actually my catalyic convertor being destroyed because of what we determined the cause of this might be. I had an SRT intake on there for about 2 years and I had no idea, but one of the couplers and clamp was completely disconnected from the intake pipe. That coupler was after the MAF. So basically, the MAF was reading an Air Flow different from what was entering the motor and over time the catalytic converter died on me because I was running to rich.... We also believe that a valve had dropped and that there was serious trouble in the motor.

He pulled my spark plugs and found that the spark plugs have been slapped. Check out how the metal is bent:

At that point I was told that if this isn't taken care of soon, the motor will eventually quit on me and I risk damaging the rest of the motor. I knew this motor was done but I just didn't have the time at the moment to fix it so I drove it for another month and a half. Finally, after 10 years down to the MONTH, she quit on me.......

Last edited by Yogujuhere; 03-03-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
Extremist

N V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community memberN V ME is an elite community member
Damn!
So what is your plan for a new one?

What the Fitment
N V ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Extremist

kraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community member
Damn that sucks.

MeVersusThem
kraven9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Addict

my.IS Supporter
Here's how she ran when she was alive.....

XXXX
Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Latex salesman

my.IS Supporter
I feel for you pal. The inline 6 is an amazing engine and the only reason that the Lexus folks went to the V6 is because they could not take the inline any farther. Best wishes.
Lexotic Concepts MW 006
Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Guru

junedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community memberjunedog is an elite community member
keep her and swap in a 2jz-gte!! really nice original IS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)