Lexus IS Forum banner

End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises

176K views 609 replies 132 participants last post by  Adam P 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

See less See more
#240 ·
Nice update.

#241 ·
Stitch weld everything while the motors out.. will pay off later on.

#243 · (Edited)
Yeah we are almost done just got the trunk and back seat left

why are you tubbing the front?
Most for the hell of it, I didnt have any clearance issues even with running a 265 front tire. I wanted to just cut that section out so i can adjust camber with out having to raise the car, BUT we were like why not ..who else has other then HKS? Now im sure someone else in japan or australia maybe even europe has but im 95% sure no one here in the US has..but to be honest until we put a motor in and i get my ride height figured out we are not sure if its going to be functional.
I plan on building something to remember. kind of like your car bob.I dont even know you yet my friends have heard me talk about your car and build..all good thing of course

#244 ·
Nice build man! Not many people do what you do. Props to ya! I see that you got some under braces for the car in the second page. What brand are they? Are they Cusco, judging from the blue color?

#245 ·
They are ebay ones, for the front, rear underchassie and shock tower braces i think i spent maybe 200 bucks for all 4 parts. They are not mechanical parts so i dont mind going cheap on them.. all tho some of the holes dont line up when mounting ..and thats the down side

#247 ·
WTF?? huh??

#253 ·
So is there any updates? haha.. Sorry i find it kinda funny. Because it should have been brought to a shop not some back door unknown place. You are in Cali man. Theres plenty of people you could have gone to.

#254 ·
Yeah, there is benefits to being a Marine. I have so much info on this guy and i scared the shit out of him that hes sent me a PM saying hes going to pay me back asap. Ive got so much info I know hwen his dad got his visa stamped in his passport. But he has spent half of the money and now needs to wait until he gets paid to pay me the rest.
Also the head is rare even here in Cali i would have had to buy the whole motor, which is now what im going to have to do and cost twice as much. But atleast ill have it..

#255 ·
Make things happen man. Cali is just as anywhere full of sketchy people. You have to keep an eye on people.

#257 ·
#258 · (Edited)
haha yeah you did..but i got my money back in the end..
Yeah thats Martin French's car.. he helpped me out with some things on my car but we haven't spoke to each other in over a year..but the sr20 fits so well

#259 ·
Oh ok well that's good.

#261 ·
^ A little late there buddy. Look up two-three posts:p

#273 ·
yeah that would be me..
so other then this wonderful weather, Ive got so bad news..my FD is in horrable shape..not what i wanted or expected..that needs to be fixed, which means the is300 is on the back burner again

#275 ·
i went today to see what the IS300 like after the rain..not bad. some of the primer needs to be re done..so tomorrow im going to go do some work on the is300..not going to quit on it but things are going to become slow for awhile

#278 ·
^word.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.