Lexus IS Forum banner

End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises

176K views 609 replies 132 participants last post by  Adam P 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

See less See more
#207 ·
+1 - Pics?

#213 ·
in the end i didnt pay for anything for the car ..i finally sold the motor and trans and all the things i dont need...as for insurance yes it will cover the car but only liability insurance.. but this car wont see any public streets...thanks for all your comments guys..would rep ya but that doesnt really matter anymore

#217 ·
So i orderd another set of spacers..and i orderd the wrong size...i needed/wanted 20mm and i ordered 25mm..so i guess ill be rocking -5 offset in the front and 0 in the rear the front wheels are 17x9 and the rears are 18x9.5.. am i the 1st in neg offset is300 that isnt some crazy funded race team?..pics will come soon

also taking the is to the shop tomorrow..finally

#219 · (Edited)
Got rubbers?

need to find out what to do with this

looking over placement

Home Depot workers

super sexy..not the real motor just a moch up motor

taking the z32 tranny apart to send out the bell housing for conversion setup

looking good

also wanted to add after selling everything i didnt need..i got the car for free and made some money off it

#222 ·
well if buy the time im finished with the motor if Figs doesnt have something in the work ill be be spending the big bucks on Ikeya Formula parts. I wanna make sure i still have full funtion over the car but with the ADC style
nice progress. bad idea about the sr IMO. and why get the vvl head. why not just get cams for the redtop? its a race car. no need for that.
other then being the 1st in the world with a Neo VVL IS300 the Neo head is a better design then the normal sr head..They have Solid lifters from the factory , flows better from the factory and the VVL is a instant power adder, also the stock neo vvl cams are good for up to 530 WHP.
Its already been proven that with a stock head and stock block with a GT30 turbo and 1000cc injectors with the right tune you can make over 500 HP. All thought i dont plan on going this route thats the HP level im shooting for

#226 ·
Well if you read my sig. , you would already know what engine I would ave picked lmao.....

Ls1 : Turning ricers into racers since 1997!!!!
yeah i was going to go that route, in all honesty its a great way. I just wanted the brag factor of the sr20...alltho I might do a LS in my RX7

#230 ·
hah my friend keeps saying that around the shop and has been stuck in my head for awhile now..
as for clearence with a stock pan..no issues fits like it was made for it, havent tried a Greddy pan yet but i know it will fit. as for the motor mounts we still need to make the solid bushings then i can post pics.. something that will blow you mind tho..everything fits almost like stock..shifter fits in the stock holeand everything..heres the shitty side of it all..I go back to school tomorrow and now will only have fridays and weekends to work on it

#235 ·
are you using the post 9-11 bill or regulat gi bill? here in florida we also got a cut.
post 911
damnn some nice progress!
Keep it up man.. going to be sick if you complete this.
here some current pics..taken from cell phone kinda of shitty

Figs bushings with 6mm shim spacers for more steering angle

Tubbed is300? First in the world? maybe..i know altezza have been tubbed but is300???

super wide with super lock nothing in the way drift angles
tomorrow ive got no school so work work work. will take better pics if i remember camera

#234 ·
Keep it up man.. going to be sick if you complete this.

#239 ·
So heres ome updates
CUSCO+TOMS=CRAP
so in all the cars ive built ive never had this issue..most car parts are enter changeable..so i just moded it buy cutting some of it away

Installed some parts ..pulled the rear out to remove everything ..gas tank and evap system are tossed and gone..

Tubs pretty much done! will take better pics tomorrow ..once again i forgot my camera

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.