Lexus IS Forum banner

End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises

176K views 609 replies 132 participants last post by  Adam P 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

See less See more
#164 ·
good stuff man. i like where its going, your going all out on it. the fact that your changing roof's is enough to suggest the quality of this build.

#166 ·
Well ive got tonsillitis and my back is still hurts..dealing with FLAKES was suppost to pick up 2 bucket seats..drove an hour for the seller to flake on me then drove to long beach to buy another part and the dude wont answer his phone..then another meber whos on this site wants to buy most of whats left and i give him a great price( like i always do) and he just bashes my posts then comes crawling back 2 days later cause he still wants it..sets up a pick up date, ask for pics while my back is messed up i go and take them for him then he flakes again.once i saw his facebook page i saw hes a young kid...shoulda knew..still waiting on some brake parts..

#170 ·
no hood update pm me about where to get the hood vent..
damn, get this thing on the road- don't build this and then find out how much is300s suck at drifting... lol
yeah im crossing my fingers with going with a more balanced setup that it will be a better tracking car.
still removing the sound denting stuff pick will be posted soon

#176 ·
im at a cross roads with my build right now..thing have been slow and is making me think...so im torn between a ls1 turbo and a sr20 turbo...
LS1 is heavyier but way more torque
sr20 lightweight but going to cost more to get the same power

#181 · (Edited)
For what your planning on doing, stick with the LS1. Its more reliable. Less to worry about and youll be better off then the SR20det.

Chevy LS1
459(automatic)
503(manual)

SR20DET= 490 lbs

2JZ-GTE Alone 594 lbs
+ Getrag Six Speed 746lbs

RB25DET= 667 lbs

Reactions: Adam P
#187 ·
I was looking for somthing like this thanks! rep++

Nice build progression. :cool:

BTW, do you know how much the car weighs in at, from the factory?
3400-3500lbs(approx) but i havent put in a full cage, the seats , and spot weld yet so i know the weight will go back up

sr is such a waste of time bro. in every sense. ka is a much better motor in absolutely every respect. if your planning on going 4 banger, 3sgte beams. if your going v8, 1uz and sc it eventually. either way, your killing it in power, and you have a sweet engine.
this SR is going to be one unlike most people have never seen..just need the funds to do it

using the rotary or swap? and rx-7's are nice only if they are built correctly :)
i was going to but ive changed my mind to many times and now im going with my current plan and staying like that
Any updates?? I've been lurking this thread for a while
nothing new other then waiting for my sway bars to come in..ive got some weeks off school coming up and expect to do the spot weld and the cage then..

#183 ·
sr is such a waste of time bro. in every sense. ka is a much better motor in absolutely every respect. if your planning on going 4 banger, 3sgte beams. if your going v8, 1uz and sc it eventually. either way, your killing it in power, and you have a sweet engine.

#184 ·
Ok so like a dumbass i kinda put this build on hold and didnt mean to do it but i ended up building the rx7 that i own..i shouldnt have but i did..we are expecting 500PLUS WHP from my fd will post pics of that as well soon ..this fd is NOT i say again NOT a track car its just my super sexy weekend car..i didnt see it coming but i spent way too much on it and the is300 is starting to suffer..but things will be changing soon( i hope) just spent like 7gs on it that shoul;d have went into the is300...and medical school if really hard..

#185 ·
using the rotary or swap? and rx-7's are nice only if they are built correctly :)

#190 ·
glad to see you're bringing back some luv to the car - What was the 'needler' tool you referred to when you were pulling your fenders?

Also I'll add a +1 to the LS1 - light motor, good torque and loads of parts available.
Look in the go faster thread there are a couple being built.

SR isn't too bad of a choice though.. guess we'll see!

Reactions: Adam P
#192 ·
yeah ive read some of those ..i think im going to stay sr20(or something like that) Living in socal everyone seems to be putting ls(x) into anything , it works very well and i cant blame them

how do you know about fokai? i'm from guam where fokai's from.
I know some of the fighters and the owner..was also trying to bring Fokai Drift to cali..also isnt your name JD? you have a s14?

#194 ·
Adam P;6249224 I know some of the fighters and the owner..was also trying to bring Fokai Drift to cali..also isnt your name JD? you have a s14?[/QUOTE said:
really? where you located? i know the owner and the workers. i train with purebred//lloyd irvin here on guam. no i'm not JD, drift king of guam?, but i do know him. he's a good friend of mine and i hear he has a LS1 on his S14 now.

hows your IS300 comin along?

#195 ·
Im in Los angeles..im taking you know Zack Rapadaz hes my lil brother( not from blood). I havent spoke with JD in awhile ive only spoke with him once tho..I might be heading to guam this winter not sure yet tho..fokai rep you you..waiting until you seem the finished is300 ..i hoping rome will hang a pic in guam at grasshopper
Check this out
Fokai Drift : Fokai.tv Blog
Not much new news since most of us are in med school and some are inbetween seasons

#199 ·
Do it up man. Waiting for the fun to begin..

#200 ·
I thought you abandoned this build.

#202 · (Edited)
i should change the name of my build to "its taking way too long but its my fault" build
Ive got some new parts in
IKEYA Formula-rear member spacers
+ + + IKEYA FORMULA CO.,LTD. + + +
Figs Solid Steering Rack Bushings
..FIGS SUSPENSION IS300 IS350 IS-F IS250 GS300 ::--
Cx Racing Oil cooler
Kaminari Roof Spoiler
K010355U - 1998-2005 Lexus IS300 Roof Spoiler -PUR | Kaminari
17x9 Sport Max XXR 522 wheels(for fronts)
Sport Max XXR 522 Gold Wheels
Toms rear 3rd member under brace
Cusco rear control arm brace

still waiting on the front and rear sway bars ..fedex messed the shipping up once again

and for the rx7 i paid off my remaining bill for the build also bought a greddy FMIC
..the is300 i want it to be done already but ive crunched so numbers and its HORRIABLE!!!!! my bottom end is going to cost 7100 BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!debating on whats going to happen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.