Lexus IS Forum banner

End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises

176K views 609 replies 132 participants last post by  Adam P 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

See less See more
#10 ·
the rear wheel is jacked hopefully its not too jacked under there. Good luck with the resto.
bent knuckle
Beaten up, you say? It's all kinds of fucked. Nice find, though; good project ahead of you but exactly why you'd do this, I'm confused.
someones back yard, been sitting for 2 years..im into projects..plus i wanted one for a awhile..besides when i drift it why use a fresh car??
sorry, but that is NOT a Sport Design model :nono:

good luck on the restoration! :approve:
sport design is a 5speed manuel with lsd ...isnt it?? says sport design all over it..idk
the rear wheel is jacked hopefully its not too jacked under there. Good luck with the resto.
will get more pics tomarrow

#6 ·
That is a killer deal. And for someone who can source parts and do some labor, it should be quite an easy turn around.

#7 ·
Beaten up, you say? It's all kinds of fucked. Nice find, though; good project ahead of you but exactly why you'd do this, I'm confused.

#9 ·

#18 ·
bratva4 had a drivers rear knuckle for sale bought that is its on the way..THANKS AGAIN
Im respraying the rims these will be for track anyways

picked up some goodies

i got the rear strut bar from JohnnyBlaze hes a cool guy Thanks again..
front strut bar is from aspec..

cwest kit ..knock off but im going to destroy it sooner or later..

I bought swift springs but then found these Sach/Blitz coilovers for a good price ..heard they are hard to come by...was told they have less then 500 miles on them..
SWIFT SPRING UP FOR SALE BNIB and really cheap..

and this is it for now..

This post has been deleted
#19 · (Edited)
rice how so? im at the track like 2 - 3 times a month....
Oh i just read your posts and i see your just like the super negative type and im not the first person you called rice/ricer..its cool im going to have tons of fun with it..besides im sure you would say my other car is rice as well..

This post has been deleted
#20 ·
well since im starting a clothing company and i have companys giving me free parts i will have stickers thats just how it works...and CF parts help you lose weight in the right areas that matter so it will be used. Idk you and i have done nothing wrong so there's no reason to come bash my thread...however when you are ever in socal you're more then welcome to come drive with me...

#28 ·
hi you doing guys. thats a nice project your working on. I am 18 and me and my dad buy cars in the auction, I had 3 IS300 all bought salvage. And this last one I have and am staying with. was crashed as well by the rear. if you dont mind I can post some pics of how my project went, I have a Cwest bodykit as well, cwest and HKS bodykits are the best. have fun fixing it.

#29 ·
I have seen lots of crashed cars, your car is not so bad. to do a right fix you should not try to reuse the crashed parts by fixing them, just replace them. from what I can see in the pics it has no frame damage, but the rear arms are bad. pics arent that good so I cant really tell you much.

#33 ·
Don't get too hung up on "SportsDesign".

It didn't add anything magical, mostly looks. I think the only performance items that is not even certain, was some people think it was a little lower than a normal IS, but you are replacing the springs anyway.

I nearly 100% certain that SD didn't come in blue though.

#36 ·
well im going to pick up a haltech e6k (can anyone guess what engine im going to use????)tonight and need to start removing the abs today..but this weekend is going to be slow since ive drift comp...so ive never really bought ebay parts before and i got the braces from some ebay store ...fits like crap but it seems pretty well built. so im going to just re-drill the holes

#38 ·
I like taking broken things and fixing them up and make them work again (doesnt work for women though dont even waste your time lol) i look forward to seeing the progress you make on it.

Reactions: Adam P
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.