End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises - Page 4 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nice color.

Welcome !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 AM

damn that's a good deal....
post #48 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
Follower

so much anger in this thread and he hasn't even really gotten started working on the car yet.

post #49 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Lurker

wow, is it even worth it?. i guess to each its own

94 db8 gsr...sold
00 em1...just returned
02 o.b. is300...just got :-P

Complete Altezza badge kit/tien basics coilover (currently in the box till summer)/D3/ Viper'd out/ JDM OEM altezza headlights and euro grill
wtb clean oem wheels/ d.s. mirror
post #50 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

good luck on the project and its not rice......

-2001 E-shift IS-F push start equipped-
"One project after the other,This cars never done"
post #51 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-23-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler220x View Post
so much anger in this thread and he hasn't even really gotten started working on the car yet.
i started working on the car a few weeks ago and i dont see any anger, maybe you read the thread wrong..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rome03 View Post
wow, is it even worth it?. i guess to each its own
yeah its way beyond fixable maybe i should just burn the car....Im taking it you dont do to much work yourself on your own car...
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_TUNED View Post
good luck on the project and its not rice......
Thank you ..

ISR220 Build
http://my.is/forums/f219/isr220-neo-...2011-a-391109/
Sponsors-ShowStoppersUSA, Pit Crew motorsports, FineLine Tuning, Swift Springs USA, and FOKAI
post #52 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler220x View Post
Agreed. Too many haters.

This kid's bought more mods in the last 2 weeks than most people here have since they've owned their cars.

He didn't buy it to drive it to work and impress chicks. He bought it cheap to turn into a drift car... And he's doing it 100% the way I would... banged up car on a salvage title. Rice is when you make people think you have a racecar. It's not rice IMO if it's on a track.

Lookin good bro.

Signature goes here.
post #53 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-24-2009, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Garage

some up dates ......thanks lextasy23

ISR220 Build
Sponsors-ShowStoppersUSA, Pit Crew motorsports, FineLine Tuning, Swift Springs USA, and FOKAI
post #54 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Frequenter

rotary swapping an is?? this car feels really heavy compared to my ae86..lol. i could see someone swapping in a rotary motor into a toy of a car like a corolla but the is300 is a pig!

when you said "something smaller" i immediately thought some type of jdm/beams 3STGE swap or something..hehe

Why not just rebuild the stock motor w/ supra internals and boost it?

dont take it like im hating, i dont care what you do to your car, i am just curious.

anyways, good luck and keep updating the thread w/ pics

2k1 is300
85 corolla gts coupe
2k2 cbr600f4i
post #55 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpunk View Post
rotary swapping an is?? this car feels really heavy compared to my ae86..lol. i could see someone swapping in a rotary motor into a toy of a car like a corolla but the is300 is a pig!

when you said "something smaller" i immediately thought some type of jdm/beams 3STGE swap or something..hehe

Why not just rebuild the stock motor w/ supra internals and boost it?

dont take it like im hating, i dont care what you do to your car, i am just curious.

anyways, good luck and keep updating the thread w/ pics
well this is how i look at it and i dont think your hating...
1)a 1995 fd rx7 weights 400 pounds less and comes with more HP and the same amount of torque stock with 1 mpg less then a IS300.
2)a is300 chassie compeletly stripped down should be able to lose 300 lbs if done right and all the info i could find on the weight of the 2jz is "supposedly" 100 pounds more then a REW..so just swaping the engines i lose 100 lbs..
3) if i keep the 2jz, boost it and strip the car down, the weight balance will be off and the car will always want to "push", so with the rotary the motor will be back by the fire wall making it more balanced..
4)I think it would be cool to see something else

ISR220 Build
post #56 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-25-2009, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Fokai 1008

Garage
so bad news today..i found out the frame unibody needs to be replaced and its going to cost 2 grand through a friends shop.. The frame was fixed after the wreck but they are afraid its going to rip it self apart drifting...so my options are to pay that or send another 3 grand and import a altezza...since i already have 3 cars with no room from more and I'm still trying to finish school..i think ill keep this as a daily lightly modded. Build the suspension and when I'm done with school get rid of the corolla (unless i buy a big house then ill keep it)and import a altezza and do a full track build...kinda bummed about all this since i have already bought the engine and everything else...

ISR220 Build
post #57 of 604 (permalink) Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkevildrifter View Post
well this is how i look at it and i dont think your hating...
1)a 1995 fd rx7 weights 400 pounds less and comes with more HP and the same amount of torque stock with 1 mpg less then a IS300.
2)a is300 chassie compeletly stripped down should be able to lose 300 lbs if done right and all the info i could find on the weight of the 2jz is "supposedly" 100 pounds more then a REW..so just swaping the engines i lose 100 lbs..
3) if i keep the 2jz, boost it and strip the car down, the weight balance will be off and the car will always want to "push", so with the rotary the motor will be back by the fire wall making it more balanced..
4)I think it would be cool to see something else
Ah I see, how much does this car weigh?? It feels heavier then my wrx so i figured its in the 3,000-3,500 lb range..not sure.
Sounds like a cool swap.....the only swap i would ever "hate" on is putting a non-rotary engine in an FC or FD chassis.

Quote:
so bad news today..i found out the frame unibody needs to be replaced and its going to cost 2 grand through a friends shop.. The frame was fixed after the wreck but they are afraid its going to rip it self apart drifting...so my options are to pay that or send another 3 grand and import a altezza...since i already have 3 cars with no room from more and I'm still trying to finish school..i think ill keep this as a daily lightly modded. Build the suspension and when I'm done with school get rid of the corolla (unless i buy a big house then ill keep it)and import a altezza and do a full track build...kinda bummed about all this since i have already bought the engine and everything else...
Ouch sucks to hear...well now you can boost the stock motor and be a super sleeper!

2k1 is300
85 corolla gts coupe
2k2 cbr600f4i
post #58 of 604 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Under House Arrest

wow thats a dirty one.
post #59 of 604 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Under House Arrest

Tough call. Looks like a lot of money to put into it. Could have gotten a high mileage clean is300 clean title for 7 or 8000
post #60 of 604 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Guru

Quote:
Nope... Do you know a good welder? Just weld in plates and shit everywhere the suspension touches the frame... We used to do this to beaten to shit mustangs to prep them for drag racing... We pulled low 10's out of a rustbucket with blown torqueboxes just by adding subframe connectors, and welding in plates everywhere.

I say gut the interior (black? I'll buy it...) and go nuts on the frame with plates... Do drift regulations make you run a cage? That would be a good time to start stiffening the frame.

There's a guy here who got an IS into the 8's... not sure his name. I think he's either the owner of, or tech from SRT. He'll probably have a wealth of knowledge about making the rearends a lot stronger. If he runs consistent 8s pulls, then yours will consistently drift without breaking. And I wouldn't even imagine there would be nearly as much stress of the frame during drifting as there is during grip racing or drag racing, mainly because the tires aren't "attached" to the ground.

I say all isn't lost yet... you just need some Irish innovation and stubbornness... lol

Signature goes here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page