Lexus IS Forum banner

End of an era for the ISR220. Out of the Ashes--A Phoenix Rises

176K views 609 replies 132 participants last post by  Adam P 
#1 · (Edited)
So i got a killer deal on my is300..always wanted one and finally found a deal i couldnt pass by...
I paid 2800 for the car salvaged title
03 with 45 k on the chassis all tho is had a rod through the block..car has been beating up but in some time you will not even know it..
Here some pics..

not the best pics but i will be putting up more as i rebuild this car ..

See less See more
#464 ·
Yes Luis and I go way back..alltho I think he should be posting pics and a thread about the intake manifold he's building for another friend who has a 2jz, he would rather wastetime looking for comic strips on the internet

#467 ·
Man, I was confused at first as well.....but it all makes sense now! :lol:

#469 ·
yes that manifold..
As for my car the other side has been cut and he weather goes back to shit again...going to start working on the widebody when thing get clearer..
some minor stuff..and i orderd some more parts..

heres a 90mm TB with half the crap removed

heres the same TB with all the crap removed

and the money shot..and the weather sucks again

#470 ·
Finish this already..lol Glad everything is coming along Adam.

#473 ·
ohhhhh man. are you alright?? its been a good 20 minutes now. by now you should know if the bleeding will stop. if it hasn't, you should go to the hospital right away.

#475 ·
If it won't close, then it sounds like you need stitches?

#479 ·
hope everything is well.

#480 ·
Super-glue works wonders on deep cuts. As long as you didn't cut it on anything that could get you infected and you cleaned it thoroughly after I would just super glue it up. I used to be an EMT and we used it all the time. Not saying its orthodox but you would be surprised how many places use super-glue instead of stitches.

#481 ·
At the ER right now..just got yelled at by a res doc for not coming in yesterday Bwahahah too late for stitches , could have gotten them but everything is good and my friend did a really good job cleaning it kit..I almost passed out tho Hahaha..time for some shots..

#484 ·
I've stitched myself 4 times. One time a nurse that came into work had a look at it, said it was nicer stitchwork than she had seen most doctors do. My thumb looked like the interior of a Gallardo.

Always sterile, never had anything even close to infection.

#485 ·
Referring to some of the pics on the very first page of this thread, your wheel being bent in like it was, is exactly how mine looked after I slid into a curb. So far I've replaced all of the driver's side rear suspension components and the car aligns, but the toe control arm is aligned to its max and the rear of my car still seems to sit slightly higher than stock. I'm planning on replacing the subframe next month. That will be about everything that could have been bent and the only thing left to replace. With what slightly I read, all I saw was that you only replaced the spindle/knuckle? Just curious if you ever replaced the subframe or anything else as well to straighten the left rear out. Here are pics of my car after I hit the curb...

#486 · (Edited)
I pulled the subframe out and didnt notice anything abnormal. alltho i wasnt really looking for it..i havent replaced anything else from the rear other then a lower control arms because i need to be able to add camber.. alltho i will be using figs parts in the rear and i have to pull the rear off again to install the rest of the parts

#487 ·
Gotcha. Yeah the only thing that was noticeably bent on my car was the toe control arm. It was all kinked up. There is nothing noticeably wrong with anything else including the subframe. I've probably driven the car about 10,000 miles since then, but being that it still sits slightly odd in the rear I'm going to replace my subframe to eliminate all issues. When I get closer to doing this, do you have any suggestions for any other parts or subframe to go with to improving handling?

#488 ·
what do you intend on doing with your car? alltho its easier to install while the subrame is out, the only things i can think of would be solid 3rd member bushings or subframe collars. These really wouldnt help handling tho. all the handling parts can be installed with out removing the rear subframe

#492 ·
Well for now it is completely stock and I wanted to get everything fixed on it before I started with any mods. If anything I would start with suspension stuff first with hopes of one day turboing it. But I was just curious of suggestions.

#490 ·
sorry. i know this is often done, i'm just not familiar with the process.

you shave/slice the styrofoam into the shape you want? and then what?

what mirrors are those?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.