24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Garage
only authentic or OE spec parts. i accept that some people like them and don't mind them, but not on my car. only one year left so very soon! haha
IS3_FTW and The Nuke like this.

2002 MSM Sportcross
TEIN//Gita//Blitz//Pioneer//FIGS//Work

instagram - ellis300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Stuff and things

So when i was going to meet with a lady friend i parked behind this Subaru Forester and i though hey whats going to happen, right? i got out of the car to wait for my date, the dude backs up and up and up and BAM. right into my car. Thanks guy!

he wasnt a dick and didn't run away SO i guess thats good.....

planning on throwing on Chaco's MSM carbon hood and get some Aerocatch goodness on there as well.

also going to buy back an SRT intake that i sold to someone local so thats good as well AND while the car is in the shop getting the pins installed ill have the Elixir painted. So win!

still nothing on the wheels yet, they should be coming in the next two to three weeks. All good!

i also have a few more tiny JDM cool bits in the works, so over all a crap situation worked out pretty nicely in the end! will post up some more stuff when the hood and wing are on

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #78 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Jeeze man, that's a bummer. This is why I avoid street parking at all costs. But it's not always avoidable.

Car looks great, what JDM bits do you have coming?

post #79 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Garage
I like how you have a positive attitude like that on something that can be very frustrating! Is the guy contribuing a bit of money to fix it?
Glad you will fix it and upgrade it. When are you getting your wheels? : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore View Post
Jeeze man, that's a bummer. This is why I avoid street parking at all costs. But it's not always avoidable.
Yeah, also at the height we are, a lot of other cars will just hit the hood, lights, grille and shit, not the bumper which sucks!

I Fail at keeping my car clean
post #80 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
I have the Gita chrome rings that go around the inner tail lights in the works, and maybe even another set of ganadors as well but well see, i want to start to work on the suspension in the spring, i was polishing my exhaust and looked at hat rear sway bar and its so damn tiny. need to fix stuff like that haha

i went through the guy's insurance, i don't like dealing with people however nice they are when it comes to fixing my car. insurance cut me a check, and bam. issue over.

the last shipment my guy had was just bumpers, one of which was an Elixir front <3 he said the next container due in should have them. i dont mind the wait since winter is coming fast and the faces need to be re done before theyre mounted so its cool with me.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #81 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
i didnt even really care that he damaged the hood, there are so many rock chips and scratches that a new lighter hood would be a better choice anyway. Thankfully no damage was done to the bumper, which i just replaced haha THEN i would have been pissed

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #82 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
more progress

So i got the hood from Josh (jchaco), got the Aerocatch pins, painted the Elixir, mounted the 3rd brake light, and got new tires on the front.

I still have to install the Aerocatch pins so i put the stock hood back on. dammit lol.

wheels are here, i just need them to be shipped to my house after i pay them off!

Thats it for now! Pins go in next weekend and THEN finally, i hope things revert to a state of normalcy lol. Ill post up when i receive the wheels!
c1L likes this.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #83 of 106 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Hood finally fixed!

FINALLY got the hood fixed! what a pain in the ass the hood pins are to install.

no hood shot...i had to lol

My buddy gave me a PLP intake...even came with the PLP foam filter...talk about ancient history. didn't take a pic, but its self explanatory lol

heres the hood!

the Gita chrome rings finally came in tonight, and i had some second thoughts but they actually look pretty cool.

debating wrapping them in some "smoke" tail light tint to make them match the dark chrome tails and badge. we shall see.

also the wheels are here and ready to ship. just need to stash up some money!

I've been spending a lot of time looking up and researching the 1JZ VVTi swap, be it maintenance parts, swap parts, etc. I figure by the end of spring ill buy the motor. it's time for boost. but again, only time will tell!

Thats it for now, hopefully the wheels will be here soon. Cheers!
IS3_FTW likes this.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #84 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Last update for 2015!

Fast forward two months and i finally have my second set of VS-KFs! They need to be refinished and ill probably rebuild them to more aggressive specs this time next year but i love them. So nice to get what you've been waiting for!

Gave them a quick wash to get rid of any crap that was on them from Japan/shipping....

VS <3

i need to find how to replicate the Fahrenheit II finish....i really like how the faces pop even when its literally peeling off. Anyway, they'll be in storage till 2016!

Scooped up a dark chrome Z-Edition grill, after seeing c1L's chrome one i wanted a three-bar so badly lol

Since my JDM painted headlights are pretty beat up, i also scored some minty (for used parts, anyway) blue-tinted headlights. These really are in good shape, i dont have any pics besides what's been sent to me but i can't wait to have these babies in. I plan on wrapping them in some sort of clear film to lock in the minty-ness.

And here's some random shots between my last post and now...

^ hanging with c1L, our friend Drew.

^ swapping out the rear tire because of a f**king nail that was in the sidewall. Almost didn't pass inspection because of that but the guy wasn't a dick. After all, i had to wait FOUR HOURS for them to do an inspection on my car......

Almost forgot to mention, i managed to scoop up a 3 inch catback from my buddy's build. It needs a new resonator and ill be throwing on an HKS canister, but hey its 3 inch and whatever i dont have to spend on materials and labor ill take. I've been deciding what sort of boost route ill be going soon, toying with the idea of build my GE, swapping to GTE or going 1JZ VVTi. all very good options, but nothing will be cemented until i have a steady income and a second car lol.

Anyways, thats it for now. Cheers!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #85 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
2016!

Having made it this far with the car, needless to say ive been more than pleased with the progress i've made. or should i say was pleased. I ordered a black z-edition grill (thats now since been sold to Corey), and scored some MINT blue-tint headlights. But of course, you know, issues. First, when i swapped my OEM headlights for the JDM ones, the plug (unbeknownst to me) was cracked and therefore could fall out of the bulb at anytime. So eventually, i got a ticket. Even though i showed the officer that it was remedied just by pressing the plug back in. Luckily for me, i was able to have the ticket nullified by showing the precinct that it was working fine within 24 hours. Small annoyance.

When i finally got my black three bar grill, i thought i would pop open the cam cover. sure enough, issue:

now, it's not that the cam seals are leaking. that wasn't even what set me off. What set me off was the fact that my dumbass didn't have them done when i had the timing belt done in June. THAT is what set me off. So, whatever. adding to that, my driver wheel bearing started to make a lot of noise, so now that has to be done. And a week after discovering these two issues, my rear end has started to make a very loud clunk.

Now, i know what most people would say. Just fix it man! But i havent had an extended period of time with this car where i've had to make repairs. It's been nonstop since i've owned it where there's something to fix. All i want is for a few months to pass by where im not fixing something, or cleaning up someone else's cheap fix that ive been bestowed with. So i've since listed the car for sale, but i have not had one offer yet.

Thankfully, i recieved my blue-tint headlights. These headlights had the 9006 plug that i needed to fix my crappy low beam connection. And since i took the headlight out, i though i might as well see how the blue tints look.

my old black headlight vs the blue tint...

again...

up close..

i never realized how bad my "black" headlights were. The light output was terrible, the lenses were garbage, and the overall age of them showed. Needless to say, after all the issues ive been having these headlights restored some lost faith in the wagon.

So for now, since this is the worst time of the year to sell a car im just fixing it for now. I should have everything tied off and fixed within the next two weeks, so im excited about that. Anyways, here some shots of the car. Some with the black three bar grill, some that i've taken since the grill has sold.

thats all for now, cheers.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #86 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

I hate to say it but sometimes the troubles we go thru with our cars makes us more attached to it. When it start purring like a kitten you gonna appreciate it since you would have come along way.
ellis300 likes this.

Its Better To Have And Not Want, Than To Want And Not Have
LIFE never stops teaching, so we should never stop LEARNING
Watch build thread. : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...XBnCliYMmEcTAH
post #87 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
yeah that's true. we'll see when shes all tuned up and not leaking oil haha

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #88 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry for the noob question

Ok sorry to ask a noob question but is the Jdm rear bumper shorter than the usdm rear bumper ? Cause I wanted a rear lip but want to know if I need a Jdm rear bumper
post #89 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
nope, the Gita has the same size crash bars. simply bolt on and you're good! same goes for the lips, the front and rear Gita lips bolt (albeit with some drilling) go right on!

the euro front that i had a page or so ago also bolts up as well!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #90 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks going to neo2 kit with trd sides and as300 rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page