LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Been a while!

Hey guys, it's been a while! So: i got my Ganadors in, and they were great! MSM paint, blue glass. However, right after i installed them, we got a massive ice storm. With no heated glass and severely limited vision i was not into it anymore. The functionality of the OEM mirrors outweighs the look of the Ganadors. I still love them, and i may get another set in the future, but for now ill just keep my OEM mirrors on. Good news though, they went to another cool MSM Sportcross owner! so theyre still on a wagon! Here are some pics i had of when they were on:

-_________- over this snow.....

OEM vs Ganador Super.....

So! with that being said....i was still biding my time until my wheels showed up. There was some delays with the shipping...but im used to the wait when it comes to parts coming from Japan so it diddn't really bother me much. But here they are!

I'm in love <3 i know a lot of people are not a fan of these wheels but since this is my car and i love these wheels they're whats going on! They are MUCH better than i anticipated!

Front: 18x8 +38
Rear: 18x8.5 +38
Finish: Burning Black

So nothing out of this world, just larger and better offsets than the standard sportcross wheels. Either way, im pumped! i bought a pair of RPF1's for my sedan but i never mounted them. So this is my first set of proper wheels! And they're Works!

But of course, they wont be on for some time. I have to pay some bills that i've been putting off so that comes first. Im also slowing down my work hours to focus on school but tires will come soon enough!

right now she's utterly filthy...i can't wait for this weather to get warmer so i can give her a proper wash and wax! Well thats all for now, cheers!

2002 MSM Sportcross
TEIN//Gita//Blitz//Pioneer//FIGS//Work

instagram - ellis300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 01:05 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)

Garage
Love your choice of wheels! Can't wait to see em on

Mike
'02 AR IS300; M98 L-Tuned
TOKICO HP/TANABE NF210

ENKEI KOJIN 18X8.5+35/9.5+30
---------------------------------
DIY: Nav+Aftermarket HU
DIY: Timing Belt

My Thread
post #63 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 AM
c1L
Fiend

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Garage
^^ cant wait to see the wheels mounted

ProEFI / V160 IS300 742rwhp Alpha Tuned

Spring Setup: 10:1 GTE Motor, V160, Proefi128, S369SXE...

My Build Thread

ig - cillyotta

RIP MIKEY #msperformance

post #64 of 106 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Small update, Elegance :)

Nothing too big to show or report....i just was able to wash her up and then that gave me the momentum to throw the sides and rear back on! Full Gita Elegance lip kit all around!

FINALLY lol, the kit flows nicely all around, and im happy to see her getting back to where i'd like to see her this summer. Next up is wheels, i just have to pay off some more bills and then they will be going on! ill update accordingly! Cheers!
c1L and TobiasSing like this.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #65 of 106 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Might as well, lol.

Well im back with more, i can't really say theres anything completely ground breaking done to my car but why not add some more to the ol' build?

When i last left off, i had just gotten my wheels. Long story short i was laid off for a few weeks and sadly i had no money saved up, so i sold the wheels. It sucked, and honestly i probably didnt have to in the first place, but i learned my lesson to SAVE money first before the car can get more mods.

I didn't really do much to the car other than drive it, i finished school so that means less mileage! lol.

I got another JCE10W Gita cluster, and finally the steering wheel logo to match!

The next order of business was to get rid of the dented door. Now, ive had the actual door shell since last year, ive just never had the time nor the determination to tackle the job myself. With some help from another buddy of mine, we did it!

My friend's IS, full Neo V1 kit! His car is currently being converted to a 2JZ-GTE single turbo!

so happy to not have to look at that unsightly dent anymore. Yes, the color isnt perfect and yes im okay with it. "50 shades of MSM" is what my car has now -_- haha

i also ditched the stickers. I wanted to go for a nice clean look.

Scored yet another 04/05 flip tray....

...and some JDM Promo Dealer plates for the Gita....

...scored another set of VS-KF's...this time in 18x8.5 18x9.5 +45 all around....if you remember Sway's build he ran similar specs and they worked nicely. The faces on these will need to be re-done but im cool with it. Theyre currently on a container ship on their way to the US.

Then my valve cover gaskets started to leak. Of course. Had a somewhat local friend help me with that job, i hopped on the ferry to Connecticut and had the: Timing belt, water pump, hydraulic tensioner, tensioner bearing, accessory belt, coolant, and valve cover gaskets all done. i also cleaned the throttle body out which was FILTHY. The car runs, drives, and behaves so much better now!

^ man and his machine....

me and my friends car right before i left for the Ferry back to Long Island

I started to meet up with c1L and his crazy high horsepower IS....jesus christ ive never been in anything that fast! Another friend of mine also just picked up a SUPER clean 03 5-speed, so we started to meet up and hang together!

^ two stick IS300s and a wagon. so much rarity

Thats it for now, honestly (and i know everyone says this) after the wheels get here and are mounted im going to be done for a while. After the turbulent events of this year and between school and work, id really like to just enjoy the car for what it is. After i graduate next year and hopefully land a full time job then id like to pursue the ultimate goal of boost. But anyway, i love this car! Ive met so many great people and had such a great time with her. Im just happy to have kept her! lol sorry for the gush. Cheers My.is'ers!

PANIC!!! and blkdout like this.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #66 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Some more of the same lol

It's been a pretty slow summer, nothing much in the way of progress on the car for a while but there have been some changes, two of which ill throw up here now lol

One: i was driving home super late at night on the expressway (maybe going a tad too fast) but some random.....creature(?) ran out an had the desire to transcend the physical plane by running out. I didn't even try to avoid it, i just plowed straight on. I still have NO idea what it could have been....but i thought maybe i lucked out. I didn't.

the carnage:

Luckily, it only broke the actual bumper and not the lip.....or the dark chrome fogs, so that was a relief.

fortunately for me, i knew a guy who had a Gita bumper with headlight washers (which i've always thought added a cool touch to the front) and bought it the next day.

stripped the old bumper of the lip and fogs...

the newer bumper.....

all buttoned up. and you know what? im sort of glad this happened. the other bumper was so shot and destroyed it would have needed so much to make it look good again. This one just needs some paint...but the tabs and bumper structure itself are in good shape, so its nice to have a bumper thats mounted correctly again.

Two: my guy who has gotten me almost everything ive ordered for my car messaged me one night and asked if i wanted to buy the Elixir roof spoiler. i said, why not?

and viola:

it needs paint obviously, but im so happy to have finally bought one. it really adds a nice look to the rear!

the wheels should be here within the next few weeks but i had someone 'shop a set onto my car:

i cant wait!!!!

well, thats it for now. here's a shot of my car from my brothers new Phantom 3 drone.....that thing is awesome!

Cheers!
joney3jonez likes this.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #67 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Addict

Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Garage
Nice update! I like the roof spoiler, really compliments the sportcross I think
Good thing the lip kit was not damaged by the hit!
ellis300 likes this.

I Fail at keeping my car clean
post #68 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
thanks man, seriously lol that lip kit is getting pretty rare and more expensive in Japan. ive always loved the Elixir wing, especially on Josh and Brandon's wagons!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #69 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Addict

Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Garage
I got the same lip kit on my sedan : ) I love the side skirts especially

I Fail at keeping my car clean
post #70 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Build is comin along nicely.
post #71 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 224 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis300 View Post
well, thats it for now. here's a shot of my car from my brothers new Phantom 3 drone.....that thing is awesome!

Cheers!
I've always loved the Sport-x, but man oh man does this angle make it that much easier to appreciate. Straight up eye candy.

Luke 6:41-42.
-------------------
Proud to represent JCE10MW. You won't find a better group of car guys.
post #72 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 12:05 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

noice!!!!! wait till you get those wheels on!!

JDM TRD NEO WIDEBODY
post #73 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Thanks for all the love guys. the Elixir should be painted within the next month and i have a few other goodies coming in....nothing big but little bits that should add some more flair to the exterior. i still have no idea when the wheels will be coming in but im excited! just working out what sort of lugs to get. Im probably going to stick to some KICS lugs and run KICS hub rings as well. beyond this this should be it for a while....i want to graduate school before i do anything else to her

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #74 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Keep up the good work ����and glad people still support Authentic and Oem kits/parts.
post #75 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 08:16 AM
Aficionado

Quoted: 224 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis300 View Post
Thanks for all the love guys. the Elixir should be painted within the next month and i have a few other goodies coming in....nothing big but little bits that should add some more flair to the exterior. i still have no idea when the wheels will be coming in but im excited! just working out what sort of lugs to get. Im probably going to stick to some KICS lugs and run KICS hub rings as well. beyond this this should be it for a while....i want to graduate school before i do anything else to her
Hurry up and graduate so you can put a 1jz in there!

Luke 6:41-42.
-------------------
Proud to represent JCE10MW. You won't find a better group of car guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page