24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Idk man no shop in NY is "comfortable" with that engine...I don't understand what the big deal is it's not like its a completely new engine

2002 MSM Sportcross
TEIN//Gita//Blitz//Pioneer//FIGS//Work

instagram - ellis300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis300 View Post
Thanks dex! i loved your swap, that was an awesome setup. ideally, i want to get the 1jz vvti mated to my stock trans and use the Dezod AEM to power it and go from there. Im still hammering out the details, supporting bits, and how i would go about doing the swap. Seems to be pretty straightforward! Im not aiming for super high power goals, id love a reliable stock 1J for daily uses and the occasional auto cross!
thanks man... going AEM from dezod is the way to go. it will save you alot of headache

2002 Custom pearl Yellow IS300 turbo SOLD
1994 Toyota Supra 6spd// New Toy
Built by Induction Performance
Tuned by Alpha 825whp@31 psi
2013 Ford Eplorer Limited// Daily Driver
post #48 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Dex i read into J's 1j build and he was able to start it and run the engine on the stock ECU?

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300

post #49 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 08:47 PM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis300 View Post
Dex i read into J's 1j build and he was able to start it and run the engine on the stock ECU?
yes you can but every situation is diffrent. I used the stock computer in the begining and the car started but the ecu was auto and the car wouldnt idle properly(the car was 5sp).. I then went with an APEXI standalone and the ran good but i had no one in miami to tune it. Then i went with the Dezod AEM setup and then had it tuned by Lance and the car ran perfect!

2002 Custom pearl Yellow IS300 turbo SOLD
1994 Toyota Supra 6spd// New Toy
Built by Induction Performance
Tuned by Alpha 825whp@31 psi
2013 Ford Eplorer Limited// Daily Driver
post #50 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Its been a while!

I haven't had the time nor the cares to update my log since progress has been slow, and it's been a lot of ups and downs these past few months. Where to start....

...so i took the lip kit off for winter. I know its all Toyota polyurethane but the 3M stuff i added to the skirts wasnt sufficient enough (to me, anyways) for it to do battle with the harsh weather ahead. Then i raised it, i was felt very accomplished that i did it all my own. I have 0 time and 0 tools to do it, but in this one case i did. So viola.

Tein CS FTW!!!!!^^

Then around my birthday i was on the fence about selling my euro bumper, i just diddnt like it as much as i thought. After about 2 months of no offers, a Sportcross brother and friend of mine purchased it. I took a huge hit on it, but whatever. what i bought with the bumper money was well worth it. More on that later

here are some shots raised, and with the Euro bumper.

Those are some of my last, and ironically my favorite pictures of my car with that bumper. Honestly,id buy another one ONLY if it 1) had the factory fogs and 2) was the original paint.

Then things started to take a turn for the worse.

I noticed to my surprise that my tail lights had condensation in them WTF.

i saw some spider like cracks in the lenses, which probably contributed to the water. IDK how that happened, all i know is that its really annoying to me that these tails after such a short period of time are leaking. Whatever.

Moving on, i scooped up some 04/05 Kouki gita/sportcross satin fogs. w00t. i also got another front lip and a SUPER clean Altezza grill!

yay! lol, i love this setup. I ordered the 04/05 H3 body-side plugs from England. Yep, they have an abundance of those things there. I taught myself how to solder, and got em working.

but wait...

i ran some silicone sealant around the edges and let the light evaporate the water inside.

But wait, it gets worse! i diddnt take any pics of what happened, but i was driving home from a going away party when i drove into a MASSIVE man-made cut out section of pavement. Usually, its just a jolt and a wince and im fine. Nope. This threw off the steering SO much that i have to hold it left-hand down for it to drive straight. i looked at it, and as im typing this, im hoping theres nothing else wrong besides one bubbled tire

sigh. i cant win sometimes. yes, i could have avoided it. yes, it was my fault. so im just going to suck it up and learn from it.

^^^^^^
i miss this. last year, little to no issues, and just my front lip. times were so much simpler. whatever. "smooth seas never made a skilled sailor" and all that.

On the up side, which has been one of the few things keeping me perked up is what ive been waiting to buy for SUCH a long time. This is what i wanted to sell my Euro bumper for.........

WORK VSKFS! In BURNING BLACK TOO! im ecstatic. ive never bought wheels before, so this is huge for me! Theyre not ground breaking specs, 18x8 +38 front, 18x9 +38 rear. I know not a lot of people like these wheels, but i love them. They should be here sometime early 2015! i cant wait.

well, thats it for now. until then im still waiting to hear what's the word on my car, im crossing my fingers that its just the alignment thats thrown off.

I will say this, if i had this many issues with any other car, i would have sold it and moved on by now. But i love my wagon for what it is, it's not perfect, its not the fastest, it's not the cleanest, but i love it. And with that, ill be waiting for a phone call to see when i get her back. Cheers.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #51 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 01:42 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Wooooo! congrats on the wheels! i saw that set has sold on gtrgarage! ohhh and i liked your ggp srt intake too!
post #52 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
thanks man! i miss that intake but hey its in good hands so thats always good. i just got her back today and all is well aside from a bubbled tire in the front!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #53 of 106 (permalink) Old 12-31-2014, 05:44 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

wheels should look good with the other things on the car and lowered back down, I love the traditional "muscle car" sort of look to them...nice choice

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)
post #54 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
hey thanks man! i have a big thing for JZX100 chasers, and those wheels seem to be popular on them and i fell in love! i cant wait till they get here, should be soon.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #55 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 07:28 AM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Garage
Keep up the good work , really like the new bumper and choice in CSs

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #56 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Thank you Tom! just pulled the fogs again, im gonna do a whole reseal once and for all. i got some more stuff on order, will update again soon!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #57 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
1/18/15 More JDM!

Well, i ordered some JDM headlights. Got them for a pretty low price all things considered, so im pretty happy.

so long chrome!

all buttoned up. What a PITA that was. EVERYTHING that could have went wrong, went wrong. Lucky for me im single and have nothing else better to do in a freezing cold garage than solder up some new headlights lol.

Black headlights and satin black fogs FTW!

Now, i hate winter. hate it. i hate being stock bodied, and with enough commentary from the Sportcross owners, i re-installed my front lip. Once again, lucky me im single and have nothing else better to do *shrugs*

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

Exhibit D i love this lip

Gave her a good wash................which resulted in moisture in my headlight. Awesome. working on that now as i type lol.

Anyways, i hung out with my buddy who has a Forester XT 5-speed.

and he took one cool shot of my car...

well thats it for now.....not much of an update but thats all i can manage with the weather being so cold. I think next up im gonna replace the door....idk if im gonna do that myself with the help of a friend or have a shop do it. EVERYTHING needs to be transferred from my door to the new one....even the plastic sheet that keeps everything water proof. My wheels should be here...........soon. i hope. -____-

anyways, cheers!
dattt, PANIC!!! and RazoE like this.

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #58 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 03:48 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

looking good bro, can't wait to see it with the wheels on

JDM TRD NEO WIDEBODY
post #59 of 106 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
thanks Tom. eagerly waiting haha

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #60 of 106 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)

Garage
Did you get the wheels yet? : )
The Dark lights in the front was a great add-on man, good choice : ) Really too bad for all the condensation problems! But you found a fix so it's all good

I Fail at keeping my car clean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page