User Tag List

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Altruist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

looking good!!!! are you getting the gita fogs that look like battling guns?

JDM TRD NEO WIDEBODY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Thanks Tom! the guy who imported it for me had the actual fogs that went with the bumper but i diddnt have enough at the time. hopefully i can find some, i dont want to have to mod neo fog brackets lol

but to answer your question no, unless i cant find any lol i like how it looks with the fogs it was specced with from the factory!

2002 MSM Sportcross
TEIN//Gita//Blitz//Pioneer//FIGS//Work

instagram - ellis300
post #33 of 106 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

do it!!! these fogs are oem toyota for your bumper
For you guyssss.......Altezza Gita

JDM TRD NEO WIDEBODY

post #34 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
under construction....

been a while since i did an update, not much happening now. the euro is in the paintbooth, trying to track down some fog lights. i saw a Neo bumper on ebay with some Raybrig fog lights, so i may do that for now and fab them up to work for the time being. Scored a navi with plug and screen for sooooper cheap (thanks ed!), among other things.

Stay Tuned.

Love ^

^ the deciding day. bolted it up and sent it off to paint on monday morning.....needless to say im EAGERLY awaiting it back lol

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300

Last edited by ellis300; 08-25-2014 at 11:36 AM.
post #35 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-10-2014, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Alrighty well i got the bumper back! i dropped it off on monday and i got it back on Wednesday! couldnt be happier.

at first, i wasnt too convinced id like it. now after its been painted and on for a few days im in love

ditched the poo poo stock deck in favor for a pioneer avh-p4400bh. a big shout out to Nougatti for helping with the wiring so all the speakers work!

Snatch anyone?

Also got yet another SRT...missed the noise.

i forgot to add this in as well, but i also bought a Blitz Hybrid AC Filter. seems to be helping with the smell of the AC system.

Thanks to Mr. Curran, added a Dark metallic "Altezza Gita" badge

One of my biggest things with my rear lip i was worried about was "will i ever be able to do an exhaust?" the answer is yes, but id have to cut it and extend it to fit. i diddnt want to do that, so i said to myself id stick to my OEM tip extension. However, one day my importer texted me saying he had a JDM HKS Super Dragger coming in that would clear the lip. So i said yes naturally haha.....thatll be in sometime in september.

i also got some Nihon Giken NEO fogs, one of the lenses is cracked which sucks but whatever. over the next week ill see if i can make some sort of brackets for em.

with summer coming to a rapid close, i think this will be it, aside for some small things here and there. id LOVE some wheels, but i think thatll have to wait until next season. Whatever! im extremely happy with how far my car has come in a year, especially considering my budget isnt too much. well thats it for now, ill probably start on the Nav retrofit within the next two weeks. Cheers!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300

Last edited by ellis300; 08-31-2014 at 02:52 PM.
post #36 of 106 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
MOAR stuff...

been a while, school has started for me so now me n' the wagon are doing a lot of highway miles twice a week, which is nice. i LOVE cruising in this car

I had a plan to sell the Euro Style bumper, nd for that to happen i needed another stock front. Fortunately, i texted the guy who i sold my lip to....and he still had the Gita stock front! Got that back:
sadly, the lip is gone. i wish i never sold that, i miss that setup dearly. i diddnt like how the current bumper flowed with the skirts, so i said to myself id simply get another lip in the future.

no grill, no fogs, no lip. very sad.

got some clear lens JDM replacements....

got my No. 2 LCAs with FIGS bushings installed....

and then? i sold my modellista side skirts. so my car was left with just the rear lip -_-

but then i worked something out with another sportcross owner, who gave me the part i had always wanted, even more so than wheels......

Gita Elegance/Euro side skirts! a HUGE thank you and shoutout to Curran! i LOVE these skirts! IMO, i think they flow much better with the rear and Euro bumper (after a week of no bites or serious offers i just said screw it and put it back on)

No change in height from bumper to skirt (the modellistas were lower than the Euro bumper which drove me mad!)

now about the fogs for the Euro bumper....its a shame about those clear ones being cracked, because all i would have had to do was tint them blue and they'd be EXACTLY like the ones that came with the bumper

Blue euro fogs look sweet with the blue tint headlights!

im gonna keep searching around, but we shall see. I definitely want the Blue ones, not the Blue/Yellow ones like the L-Tuned/Neo has, i think it looks cool. I still need a grill for my standard bumper, ill probably snatch up an altezza painted mesh grill sooner or later.

More good news, my car will be going in for some SERIOUSLY well needed maintenance, steering rack, no.2 LCAS, lower ball joints, etc. Cant wait! shell be driving like new soon. after that i think ill need to track down another Elegance lip! stay tuned

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #37 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Pics n' Stuff!

so i got my car fixed.....steering rack, tie rod ends, lower ball joints and no. 2 LCAs with FIGS bushings already installed.....it nice to have all that fixed, gives me a lot more confidence when driving knowing that everything was mended properly.

Im just having two small issues: the steering wheel isnt aligned with the wheels properly so i have to hold it slightly to the left for it to drive straight. And secondly, the steering wheel still doesnt center properly. Very annoying. im taking it back next week, these things bother the hell outta me, especially with the amount of coin i dropped

anyways, i got the car back on Friday, and was tired of rolling around naked.

i re-installed the Euro bumper, mounted the Gita skirts, and then went out for a drive! I made a sort of wedge for the rear skirt since only one of the holes is used for mounting. Works great! these things are ON there! After october ends ill be taking all of the kit off again prep for winter. so for now no fancy gasketing around the skirts. Here are some pics!

I also blacked out the "upper" part of the grill (the bumper is all one piece). I see all of the cars in auctions with that part black, hell its even in the options brochure blacked out. I think it looks a lot cleaner like that IMO.

Anyways, the exhaust will be here next week, along with a new Gita grill for my other bumper! Im still on the look out for fogs, im still pondering what to do about that but sooner or later itll have fogs! Cheers

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #38 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Exhaust on, thinking of boost

got my HKS Super Drager in, as well as my Gita grill. came in on thursday!

Was gonna install it myself, i couldnt get the damn exhaust bolts off. contacted AndyLex and he helped me out!

done. Thanks andy!

JDM JCE10 spec goodness, already clears the lip with no mods. I love HKS stuff, quiet and even toned.

Andy took me for a ride in his newly finished GTE swapped car, and i LOVED it. Ive never been a turbocharged car before, and now i can see why boost is so addicting. Im thinking about going 1JZ VVTi either auto or R154 very very soon, running BPU. Reasoning is is that ive always dreamed of owning a JZX100, but thats a bit challenging so this might suffice! Only issue here is that no one in New York really does 1JZ swaps, so idk how id go about doing it.

either way, well see! with winter rapidly approaching ill be dismounting the kit soon and putting that in storage. but i am really thinking of swaps now ugh lol....anyways, cheers!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #39 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 06:38 PM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis300 View Post

Was gonna install it myself, i couldnt get the damn exhaust bolts off. contacted AndyLex and he helped me out!

done. Thanks andy!

JDM JCE10 spec goodness, already clears the lip with no mods. I love HKS stuff, quiet and even toned.

Andy took me for a ride in his newly finished GTE swapped car, and i LOVED it. Ive never been a turbocharged car before, and now i can see why boost is so addicting. Im thinking about going 1JZ VVTi either auto or R154 very very soon, running BPU. Reasoning is is that ive always dreamed of owning a JZX100, but thats a bit challenging so this might suffice! Only issue here is that no one in New York really does 1JZ swaps, so idk how id go about doing it.

either way, well see! with winter rapidly approaching ill be dismounting the kit soon and putting that in storage. but i am really thinking of swaps now ugh lol....anyways, cheers!
the 1jzvvti is an awesome engine. I think that swap will definitely fit the theme of your build. I had the 1jzvvti in my IS and i loved it.
heres a vid of my IS with the swap:
http://youtu.be/pe_sRErqCe8?list=UUp..._TqkHH4M2IK65g
http://youtu.be/Z4rTfgIBpH0?list=UUp..._TqkHH4M2IK65g

2002 Custom pearl Yellow IS300 turbo SOLD
1994 Toyota Supra 6spd// New Toy
Built by Induction Performance
Tuned by Alpha 825whp@31 psi
2013 Ford Eplorer Limited// Daily Driver

Last edited by dexlex; 09-22-2014 at 06:46 PM.
post #40 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:

nice toes

LuxuryEntryLevelIntelligentCompactSportsSedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKER52 View Post
Although I saw the automatic gearbox, you should definitely be putting those paddle shifters to use. As long as you're strictly driving around and shifting with the paddle shifters you can tell everyone it's a manual, it'll increase the value of the car too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
My head wants to explode when people say things like, "Dude I just got these coils and set them on full stiff. My kidneys are bleeding and I chipped a few teeth. These things rock!!!"
post #41 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Thanks dex! i loved your swap, that was an awesome setup. ideally, i want to get the 1jz vvti mated to my stock trans and use the Dezod AEM to power it and go from there. Im still hammering out the details, supporting bits, and how i would go about doing the swap. Seems to be pretty straightforward! Im not aiming for super high power goals, id love a reliable stock 1J for daily uses and the occasional auto cross!

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #42 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-22-2014, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
isnino thanks man

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #43 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Loyalist

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
man your build is full of ups and downs lol. but i am glad to see you are on the up now. hopefully that 1JZ starts soon.

01' IS300 2JZ-GTE Aristo Stock Twins (for now)~ Current
01' MSM IS300 NA-T 380whp@11psi~ Sold
post #44 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Aficionado

Garage
Yeah I know, thankfully things have been working out much easier now. I want to do the swap so very badly I just need a space to work in lol

2002 MSM Sportcross

instagram - ellis300
post #45 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I know, thankfully things have been working out much easier now. I want to do the swap so very badly I just need a space to work in lol
if you see a good deal on a 1JZ buy it an place it in you trunk so you will see it everyday and be motivated to get the swap done lol. going NA-T had me eating pb&j at one point lol , theres gotta be some shop up there in NY right?

if you were willing to compromise theres a guy selling a GS300 with a 2JZ GTE/R154 for $4300 he's in Jersey i think. maybe he will budge some. sale your tail and get it lol jk.

Supraforums.com

01' IS300 2JZ-GTE Aristo Stock Twins (for now)~ Current
01' MSM IS300 NA-T 380whp@11psi~ Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page