Lexus IS Forum banner

Coming to the Dark Side My Build Is Done For Now !!!!! Track Times N Vid Post #54

9K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  lexus01IS 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All

I have been lurking on myis forum for a while (since last year) debating and reading a lot of threads if I really wanted an IS300 for my next toy.

So after reading and searching and more reading I pick up a White 01 IS300 with 180K in Jan for a pretty good deal. I really wanted to get a sportcross but the one I found was 13k which didnt work into my budget.

Then put in a order for a SRT 2.75 Turbo Kit .... one thing lead to another ordered a SRT exhaust, Trans cooler,valve seals AEM wide band n True Boost.....pick up some brand new GTE slugs n rods off from here before they did the post count thing to view the for sale forums.

Also picked up a used transmission with 50K and got the valve body n 3rd gear sprag gear done from SRT. I am still debating if I want to upgrade the TQ converter to a higher stall or not. Right now I'm waiting for the head n block to get back so I can get this project done...

This is my first boosted car so I can't wait to get it done!!!!! My pass cars have been Hondas with swaps....so on to the Dark Side Here's some pics of the pass cars n current ride under the knife.

K20A EK

K20a2 Integra

Stock For Now

The IS300 under the knife

dam touching the hood this thing is a pig

All that room

An hour n half later plus fighting that crank pulley (had to get a puller) the head is off

The head....... pretty clean for 180K

The transmission all done and upgraded waiting for it other half

Going to have to do something about this

Some of the goods

And where the magic happens

will update you guys more when i get more things going but its going to be a slow build

Motor getting put together and some goodies 2-8-11

Phillips T5 Lights installed for the garage 2-9-11

Updated Pics 4-12-11

Got around get some things done.

Ready for lift

Up Up and n Away

As One

Where the Motor n Transmission Belongs

Intercooler Check

The best exhaust mod everrrrrrr

Wrapped

Makes the engine bay looks so much better

Just waiting on some odds n ends to come in and some wiring..... any ideas on a catch can?

6/8/11

Wiring Haltech

Some Piping

Pressed in some bushings. Installed Spc Camber Kit

Stance FTW

Mishimoto Radiator

Custom Catch Can No Sapporo was wasted lol

Its running on a base map right now waiting to break in the motor to get tuned at Mos

UPS came by with 4 boxes

Waiting on the fenders to get rolled n pulled before going a little bit more lower

See less See more
#36 ·
The Whip is running now idles great but on a base map right now running rich ...waiting to break in the motor before I go to Mo to get a full tune.

The Stance Coilovers are awesome the ride quality is like no other lower car i been in....firm but not harsh. Going to get the fenders rolled n pulled to clear the wheels running some neg camber up front to stop some rubbing.

Updated pics on page 1

#37 ·
Nice update. Your car is coming along nicely.

#39 ·
Car looks real good. You didnt skimp on things.

#40 · (Edited)
First of all I want to thank my.is and users with build threads with all of this useful info might not have went turbo with out it.

So yesterday I had an appointment with Mo for a dyno tune. I wasn't expecting too high of a HP#(400hp tops) because its auto with an upgrade stall converter (3100) added an extra resonator to quite things down n no fuel upgrade (just only a 255 fuel pump).

Extra resonator from vibrant (SRT 3" exhaust system)
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

At SRT getting strapped in

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

A dyno Pull video if it works

[/URL][/IMG]

So after a part throttle tuning it was time for WOT tuning. One after another pull the HP#s would go up (something like) 335 at 6psi (ok not bad) 360 at 8psi ( :blush:) 405 at 10psi :)jawDrop:) 427 at 12psi :)bigSmile:) 450 at 14psi :)P) 483HP N 406TQ at 16.8 PSI holllyy shitttt :)cool:) I almost peed myself when I saw the final #. The injectors were max out (95%) at 483HP so Mo back it down to 15psi I think. Big night and day difference when tuned she just squats and takes off now lol

I know for some of you guys with big HP build to the hilt motors people may not seem much to you guys but it was a awesome coming in shooting low and coming out high!!!!!!!!!

Final # ####

[/IMG]

As she sits now
[/IMG]

Oh yea Big Thanks to Mo for the whole Turbo setup N Tune !!!!!!!!

#41 ·
nice...........

#45 ·
Those are some nice #'s. I though you didnt need MAF with Haltech. Which model Haltech do you have?

#47 ·
Thanks everyone still trying to get use to all the power lol. Going to try to hit the track to see what she will run with street tires.

@lexus01IS I have the F10X i want to say the MAF is for my auto trans but I might be wrong.

@Jerm__ Front 18X9 +38..... Rear 18X10.5 +48 so CCW says hahaha .The fronts are rolled the rears are rolled n pulled .

#48 ·
Nice curves, nice HP_TQ/boost balance, very efficient!
Also the AFR curve is very smooth!

What is your compression ratio?

Just for you:
If you want to go further on BHP, your fuel system needs some serious upgrade.
1x 255lph Walbro is maxxed out at 500BHP on turbo cars and as you said fuel injector duty cycle at 95% is also a little bit much. :rolleyes:

Your setup is perfect for this BHP-level where you are right now!
Congrats!

#52 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone the car is a blast to drive.

So I got a chance to go to the track this past Friday after about 25 runs yes 25runs (NASCAR was in town and all the good old boy were at the oval track lol) I manage to pull off a 12.6@116 with 1.9 60ft on street tire. She has more in her but I was running into a issue where it would hit the rev limited going into 3rd for about .5 second and then changing into 4th has anyone had this problem before. I do know if I don't give it 100% throttle it would shift fine but I would run a slower time.

#53 ·
Some great numbers and good run - Getting used to the car and how it launches is always a challenge. It has to be fun to drive that thing around :)

#54 · (Edited)
Thanks !!!! yes to more seat time!!!

So I went back to the track again last Friday beat my best time got her to put down a 12.4@116 1.9 60ft at 15psi on street tires. Any tips on getting my 60ft down lower have been power braking a 2100rpm anything above that it will spin the tire at the line lol.

Might have to look into MT radials or slicks.

So a Nova guts blew out on the track and it was a long clean up got to get some pics in with my camera phone.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Here's the slip
[/IMG]

Heres a vid of my 12.5 run dont have the 12.4 on vid and sorry I dont know how to send the vid from facebook to youtube should be able to see it still.

Heres the link if anyone can upload to youtube that would be great. It was taking with a Iphone need to bring a HD cam next time

Marshall Pitts's Videos | Facebook <-------- Vid Link

#56 ·
What do you have done to your trans?

How is Torque Converter holding up?

#57 ·
@ EjMalernee hahaha Thanks Sapporo taste so good even my IS loves it

@ lexus01IS The transmission I bought only had 50K on it so I didnt replace the clutch packs but SRT installed these 3rd gear sprag ,valve body I also upgraded the trans cooler n 3200 stall converter.

I guess the converter is holding up I really need some MT radial so I can stall it higher off the line. But everything was install together so I couldnt tell you how different it is compared to stock stall converter.

#58 ·
Only reason I was asking cause I have the same setup in my car. My car is sitting due to bad haltech. I have SRT built trans and Florid torque converter.

At what rpm are you launching your car?

When I get my car running, I'm gonna be using M&H 235/60/15 on my car.

#60 ·
@ lexus01IS oh i see....whats wrong with your haltech? Well to me the torque converter doesnt bother me when I drive it thought it was going to have get it more RPMs before she start moving unless he didnt stall it that high.

I'm launching around 2100 to 2300 rpm anything higher than that the tires willl break loose at the line.

Been trying to look for some FD rims does anyone know if I should run the reinforced version?

@ specie Thanks I do have LSD I think so says the sticker on my door jam lol rear wheels are 18X10.5 265/35R18 with Continental ExtremeContact DW

#61 ·
I dont know, Haltech has it right now. I'm using FIC for now for driving when I feel like it. I might just get it tuned on FIC then switch to Haltech later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.