User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-27-2017, 11:53 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I see they came out with a rep that's more true to the OEM variant. nice!

'03 IS300 SD TCM 5-SPD LSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Just to be sure, this is the one you got, right?

01-05 Lexus IS300 Sedan 4Dr TR Altezza SXE10 Front Bumper Lip Spoiler - PU | eBay

EDIT:
I was looking at some of the seller's pics, and I saw mounting holes in the lip and and no tabs. Are you supposed to drill holes in the bumper cover to mount the lip?

Thats the one. It comes pre marked on the sides to drill 2 holes inside bumper/fender area like most lips and it also included 2 brackets that match the countour of the bumper bracket. The way mine is in the pics, its not permenantly mounted but just with the supplied hardware. Mounts like i would assume the trd to without the built in poly mounts.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Guru

Quoted: 150 Post(s)

Garage
Are you saying that the only holes you need to drill in the bumper cover are in the wheel well? I'm sure poly gets heavy. How do you keep it from sagging up front? Do you need to drill holes on the front-lower bumper cover for the brackets as well? The trd mounts by screwing bolts through its mounting tabs along the bottom where the OEM lower splash guard is secured.

My thread of picture whor@ge: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 PM
Latex salesman

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Looking good brother. Best wishes

Mayo
2003 TCM 5MT W/LSD
You don't have to worry about me...I won a contest
Lexotic Concepts MW 006
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Are you saying that the only holes you need to drill in the bumper cover are in the wheel well? I'm sure poly gets heavy. How do you keep it from sagging up front? Do you need to drill holes on the front-lower bumper cover for the brackets as well? The trd mounts by screwing bolts through its mounting tabs along the bottom where the OEM lower splash guard is secured.

Thays what the included brackets replicate. So fender well, brackets and obviously double sided tape for a proper install. The lip is tight fitting. I see no issues with the above mentioned install parts. Ill take a pic when I get a chance.

Thanks mayo
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Guru

Garage
Thanks. I'd appreciate that. I'm just not seeing how double sided tape will help since it looks like the inside of the lip that touches the bumper does not have a parallel mounting surface like the original. See pic below.

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Guru

Garage
I ended up picking up one of these lips as a backup. I'm going to test-fit it on my friend's IS, have it painted, and have it covered with clear bra when I get some time.

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old Today, 08:11 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

very niice! dont see too many l-tuned is300s around. glad to see its in good hands.

Lexie

'03 MSM 5Spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 3 (2 members and 1 guests)
rvalero, sunny D
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page