• 1 Post By -Tom-

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Technical Poseur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

The Art of the Build Thread.

Build threads are an art. They are a form of entertainment that can encapsulate you for hours. Leaving you yearning for more and wondering what else is left.

Build threads are documentation of a complete car build where most if not all aspects have been modified. The key word there was documentation. If you want a successful entertaining build thread, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. Even if its something as mundane as an underbody brace, you can document it.

Ways of doing this would be to take many pictures. Since the advent of high speed internet people havent complained about too many pictures. Another thing is just to talk about all and every part as much as you can, What is the part? Why did you choose this part over other alternatives of the same type? Why are you installing this part? What is the part supposed to do? Have you customized or modified this part in any way? Were there difficulties procuring the part? Did you consult experts?

As you can see I was just able to give you many questions you can answer about something as simple as an underbody brace that makes it interesting and a fantastic read. Tell a story, make it interesting and divulge any and every detail you can.

Please for the love of god dont just make a thread of your off the shelf turbo kit install with 5 pictures where you just say you installed it. That isnt a build thread, that isnt even really a good turbo install thread. Make mention of EVERYTHING! Also to be honest think about what youre typing...Would you want to read it? No offense but some basic lowering springs, an intake and wheels dont need a build thread. That isnt even really a build. Its a couple bolt-ons. Boring.

If you want some excellent examples of a build thread then check out Build Threads, on this site you can see BradBedells Supercharged V8 Sportcross, gcmbobs race car build, yougojuheres build and many more. They are all excellent examples of a build thread. Document, document, document! Discuss details until you are blue in the face!

With that said, happy building and I look forward to seeing some quality well written and well illustrated build threads.

Thank you for your time and thanks for reading!
RyanV likes this.

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Fokai 1008

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Garage
I think Toms trying to say welcome and happy building? make your build thread worth the readers time?...

ISR220 Build
http://my.is/forums/f219/isr220-neo-...2011-a-391109/
Sponsors-ShowStoppersUSA, Pit Crew motorsports, FineLine Tuning, Swift Springs USA, and FOKAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page