Nankang NS20 225/40/18 not installed yet
Rolled fenders, soon to be pulled

ICE:

Pioneer double din w/ rear view camera
Focal fronts and rear
Kicker 4 channel
2 MTX 10'' subs
Clifford alarm w/ remote start

New to the forum but not to the IS scene. I had an 01 MSM a while back.

Anyway, I picked this one up August of 2015 and haven't done much to until recently when I tore cartilage in my knee. I've just been surfing the internet and piecing together parts slowly. I'll start whoring some pics today with what my wife and I have done and plan to do to her.

First pic is when I first picked the her up. That's me opening the hood,"abj" are my initials.

Today I'm prepping the front bumper cover for a respray while we wait for our 3rd lip (Greddy rep) since owning it to show up in the mail. While the bumper is off the car, we will be replacing the fog light bulbs as one has burnt out. My wife will also be restoring the fog light lenses. Will post before vs. after when complete.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Right on!

So far, i've removed and painted my front bumper. Came out way better than it was but not as good as I had hoped. The fog light lenses have been somewhat restored. May do some more work on them in the am. Received my new lip in the mail this morning. I got as far as degreasing it and scuffing it up before adhesion promoter. I know pics rule so I'll get them up in the am.

#16 · (Edited)
So, progress has been hard to come by with it raining here and trying to move around with torn cartilage. I got the lip painted at this point in addition to getting surgery this morning. I will attempt to dial in the clear on the lip then repeat the process on the bumper. The base coat on the lip came out pretty good by the way...

Attachments

#24 ·
I have always had good luck with paint from automotivetouchup.com. They will ship you your paint code in a spray can, and have a really nice quality clear coat. Also, the chemistry of the paint and clear work with each other and don't cause bubbling or weird finishes. The few times I've used them, I've had really really good results.

I just followed the recommended usage. The only mistake I ever made with them was to spray the clear too soon after the color, which caused some light wrinkling in the surface.

#26 ·
Decided to paint my calipers today, still hobbling around so I only got one side done. I had some "LEXUS" decals but my wife must have tossed them out with junk mail. :crying: I was super bummed because in my current state, taking the wheels off is a challenge for me. It looks like I can actually apply them through the spokes. Looks like I'll be ordering another set.

Here are some pics I snapped today...

Before degreasing-

IMG_6894 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

Scotch bright + degreaser-

IMG_6894 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

Masked off-

IMG_6899 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

After 2nd coat-

IMG_6900 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

After 3 coats-

IMG_6901 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

Front being degreased-

IMG_6902 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

2 coats-

IMG_6903 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

Done, waiting for decals-

IMG_6904 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

IMG_6905 by Audie Brown, on Flickr

#33 ·
Yes, I used a trash bag to cover the rotor/dust shield then taped off the open spaces where the pads are revealed. I also used shop paper towels to mask off the body around the arches and the suspension. The trash bag tucks nicely into the gap where the pad meets the rotor on the fronts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.