• 3 Post By xXInsanePowerXx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

2001 White IS300 build log + 2JZ-GTE

Whats up guys! Been around here for maybe a year or so, lurking and watching other people's builds. Been contemplating the Aristo swap for a while now. I've wanted some forced induction in my car for a while but I didn't want to sink the money into a turbo kit knowing that the NA 2JZ is kinda brittle in hat regard, so I opted for the GTE as that's a far better platform.

So some background info. I got my IS300 in 2014 around April, and have loved it since. That summer I bought the TYTO harness and a pioneer double din and some subs and put those in the car. That's been pretty much my only mods aside from having the wheels painted black.

About 2 weeks ago I was driving to work and a stray dog jumped in front of me and sure enough toasted my front end. Still waiting on a bumper, but have replaced the radiator and condenser. Then the next week at work, a lawn care company threw a rock through my back window. That just got replaced Monday.

On monday night I went and picked up a semi local 2JZ-GTE, I say semi because I'm from MS and I went to Fairhope, AL to get it! Wasn't that bad of a drive! Anywho the motor looks to be in really good shape and it has maintenance stickers on it that put it in the area of 55k-60k miles. It also looks like it was always serviced by Toyota, because it has full OEM parts and belts on it. So that makes me happy!

So anyways, I figured it was time to start a build thread so here it is! Hope to have this swap done by the end of summer to take it to a car event in October called Cruising the Coast here on the mississippi coast. Thanks for stopping by and looking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Garage
Any updates?

01 Solar Yellow IS300
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by siboosted View Post
Any updates?
Currently waiting on a new bumper, plus I need to find the bolts that hold the Ac hoses to the condenser, there are 2. If anyone can give me a reference on the size of those that would be much appreciated!

Also trying to decide on an intercooler, probably the CX racing kit. But yeah the swap is still happening, just a little slow!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Garage
I also have a 01 and plan on swapping in the gte as well at some point. Probably won't be until I start having issues with the original motor though. Post up progress
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Soooo....I totally forgot I posted this thread. Have a few updates. So my old motor blew a head gasket one night, coolant mixed with oil, car started knocking and killed itself. So motivation to get some progress on my swap! Currently have everything but a driveshaft for my swap, but anyways, pics.

Got the old motor out!

Cleaned up the engine bay a little while the motor was out.

Relocated the ABS with the sweet kit from finishing lines.

And finally got the new motor in! The progress was kinda slow as I haven't had the time I'd like to work on it, with the holidays and work and school, but I'm getting close to cranking it for the first time soon.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

I have no clue why my pictures are uploading sideways. Anyway, my first question is how do I mount this power steering reservoir? I know a lot of people mount it to the intake manifold but mine is blocking the transmission dipstick. Is that how I'm suppose to do it? I'm just going off of the swap guide pics, unless there is a better way to do it.

Now my next question is about the power steering fluid hookup to the pump. I'm using the IS300 power steering pump and I'm not entirely sure I have it hooked up right. The hose that bolts to the power steering pump is basically touching the pulley and will be very close when the belt is installed and that worries me. Does this look right?

Last question! Can I unhook the power steering cooler lines? They just take up space and don't look very efficient at cooling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page