Turbo system demand? <<Dezod>> - Page 6 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Subbed... and Very Interested, but like someone said before I feel that having a few kits a different price points and a lower starting point than that of the srt kit would be optimal, although I'm not sure how feasible this would be as i understand each kit would have to go through development. Before someone flames me, what i meant by a lower starting price point is that the srt kit starting at 6.7k is a bit pricey for the average person so something closer to maybe 4.5-5k would help get people into the door so to speak and like was stated earlier I'm sure they would come back to upgrade when they had the chance to do so.

02 GGP 5spd w/lsd #979
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 84 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Follower

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Full kit or a good manifold and down pipe either way would be nice we need updates on this

03 manual is - hot sways figs cdd Koni shocks tanabe rear tower bar springs exhaust srt ffim haltech ems billet motor mounts rigid bars gutted bride super tones cx mani tail bov mvr g35 wheels
01 auto daily
14 highlander family car
13 bike 2 wheels black and daughter trike pink
post #78 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

I know this thread is kinda old, but any update on this? After seeing your work with the dezod headers, I think you guys would make an amazing turbo kit

post #79 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaltezza View Post
I know this thread is kinda old, but any update on this? After seeing your work with the dezod headers, I think you guys would make an amazing turbo kit
Just like any other retail item, demand drives everything. With no real pursuit of this avenue from people in this community, I am sad to say it probably won't happen unless demand starts to pick up.
post #80 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

An entry level kit near or below $5000 would be great if it was COMPLETE, especially if it came with something compact and quick spooling like a GT3076 or GT35 sized turbo. Piecing together a custom kit using quality new/used parts, the cheapest I think it can be done for is ~$3500before tune and ~$45000 after tune (obviously personal ability and who you know plays a factor) That doesn't include suspension/tranny/clutch/internal work either.

Quote:
Full kit or a good manifold and down pipe either way would be nice we need updates on this
I agree with this statement. I also think that good hot/cold side intercooler piping could do wonders for the IS community since most places that provide them never seem to get the fitment right - OR - they fit but they are overpriced/come with terrible customer service and long lead times.
post #81 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_IS300 View Post
An entry level kit near or below $5000 would be great if it was COMPLETE, especially if it came with something compact and quick spooling like a GT3076 or GT35 sized turbo. Piecing together a custom kit using quality new/used parts, the cheapest I think it can be done for is ~$3500before tune and ~$45000 after tune (obviously personal ability and who you know plays a factor) That doesn't include suspension/tranny/clutch/internal work either.

I agree with this statement. I also think that good hot/cold side intercooler piping could do wonders for the IS community since most places that provide them never seem to get the fitment right - OR - they fit but they are overpriced/come with terrible customer service and long lead times.
I think a turbo manifold, and a intercooler kit for the IS300 would be a great idea. In my opinion Dezod doesn't have to develop a complete kit since everybody's setup is different. Some people like to choose their own compressor, engine management, gauges, injectors, exhaust, etc so you can never satisfy everyone. That said, a complete kit would also be nice for some of us who don't want to piece together our own kit.

If Dezod does produce a turbo manifold I think it would be popular for the NA-T guys since most of them run reinforced ebay manifolds, and most turbo manifolds available for the 2jz only fit the GTE head. If it's affordable and has the same kind of quality as the Dezod header I'm sure people won't mind paying a little extra for it as long as it's not priced like the Full-Race manifold.

As for the intercooler kit, I think everyone can benefit from this whether their running the GE or GTE. For me the only intercooler kit that looks like it fits right on the IS300 with little to no modification is from SRT, but everybody knows their customer service is terrible. I seen the cxracing, and tacotaco kits some guys run on the IS300 and to me it looks like it involves cutting and fitting the crash bar just to make it fit right. Not saying it's a bad option, but I just like my modifications to be reversible if I ever decide to go back to stock.

Luckily I'm not in a rush to boost my IS300, so I'll just stay tuned to see if Dezod does come up with something while I save up.
post #82 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

You make some good points, blkaltezza. If they had a full kit then in theory it shouldn't be any work for them to NOT include a turbo. I never considered the IDEA of gauges or exhaust as complete LOL so I suppose to be COMPLETE by definition it would have to be included. Perhaps complete could mean as far as the down pipe, a couple options for injectors/BOV/WG? IDK, I can see now why they would hesitate to do this!!

Something like manifold, intercooler kit, down pipe would be nice if they all had Dezod quality and IS300 specific platform.
post #83 of 84 (permalink) Old 04-04-2014, 12:58 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

The problem, and what I think Dezod is saying is, there are numerous threads like this and on every single one you get "I'm definately interested" or "Yes that's what this car needs and I'd buy one for sure" statements.....

Then they put the time and most importantly $$$ into development, announce it.....and hear crickets....cuz all those interested parties and their wallets are no where to be found.

Not saying you guys are like that but that's probably the biggest problem with Performance part development....

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #84 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been following you for quite some time, and I have to say you are extremely respectful and courteous to your customer base, with respect to other companies of course.....

With that said, I would IMO like you to just do a mani/DP versus a full on TURBO KIT. More of a staggered approach versus R&D into a kit, which would be far more costly (correct me if I'm wrong in that department).

After which there's sufficient demand for the exhaust bits, then move unto a kit, incorporating said FI parts and your already proven turbo mani/DP.

My 2cts.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page