User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Garage
Was just thinking about this thread. Has there been any brainstorming/progress made on this turbo system that you all are thinking of? I am starting to become more and more interested in going the forced induction route

04 IS300
MSM 5spd M/T LSD
[Figs][Blitz][CompetitionClutch][Mazzuri][TokenSolutions][BC 264][Titan]
[SwiftRacing][CXRacing]

Beneath Cherry Blossoms in Full Bloom...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Guru

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

those that keep talkin about, I'd like quality but make it cheaper than SRT. Think about what you're asking, you're asking for a hand welded custom turbo manifold. Have you guys even priced a well designed turbo manifold? Go see Full Race manifolds, $3,000 for just the manifold and its a beauty. The time it takes to make the manifold has to be factored in. Here check it out, Toyota Supra 2JZGTE Twin Scroll T4 Turbo Manifold - Full-Race.com
post #48 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Would it be possible to buy only a few things from the kit?

I want to go low boost (6-7psi), with an cast iron manifold.
So i could imagine to buy intercooler/2.5" piping/turbo with T4 flange/... from you
and mount onto my bought things for my kit.

What size of intercooler are you thinking at your kit?

post #49 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

We are not sure 100% if we are going to run a full kit on this app or just a manifold and downpipe.
post #50 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Aficionado

please make a fmic!!!
post #51 of 84 (permalink) Old 06-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Altruist

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

If you extend support to Aristo GTE's w/Aristo ECU's I'd definitely be interested.

BTW, I've heard good things about the level of customer service you guys provide and that is more important to me than price. Not that I want to get owned or anything...lol but nevertheless, if I need help and you stand by your product and help....that's what I'm talking about!

01 MSM E-Shift ZGMF-X10A Freedom
- Full OEM Aristo 2JZ-GTE conversion :)

Looking to do an Aristo swap?
Aristo Swap with IS ECU
Aristo Swap with Aristo ECU
post #52 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Aficionado

I WISH there was more turbo manifold options and a better fitting one at that. I hate how the ebay manifold is clocked !

'02 TCM IS300T 14PSI - Powered by ProEFI128 Ecu
Rebuilt with ARIAS Pistons, GTE Headgasket, ARP Studs

18" Volks Gt-7 | Swift Springs | Tokico Illumina | Magnaflow | JDM Visors | JDM Tails | OBX Sidemarkers
Nikon D3000 18-55mm, Nikkor 55-200mm.
post #53 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangishchris View Post
I WISH there was more turbo manifold options and a better fitting one at that. I hate how the ebay manifold is clocked !
Good Point, maybe a revival of Cast Iron Manifolds like Treadstone and Co, for more room to the ABS lines, T3 or T4 option with external Wastegate would be perfect
post #54 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
I would be all for a good manifold and down pipe combo. But if your saying all parts will be hand made and in house what kind of price range are you looking at? Full-Race makes an awesome manifold but it cost an arm and a leg.

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #55 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_is300 View Post
I would be all for a good manifold and down pipe combo. But if your saying all parts will be hand made and in house what kind of price range are you looking at? Full-Race makes an awesome manifold but it cost an arm and a leg.
It will be FAR less than Full Race.
post #56 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Lurker

Whether it worth anything I'll add my thoughts on the turbo kit demand. I think if there is to be any success in this it needs to be available in stages. You want a fully functional base kit at the lowest cost possible. Good manifold and downpipe, then the options go from there. I would take a look at what bell engineering offers as a smart path to follow.

I really think a complete non-intercooled rotrex based kit coupled with a pretuned AEM fic or similar would be the best option at this time. The lower you get the base cost, the more people who will start with it. Sure it won't make a ton of power out of the box...but continuous upgrading is what drives all of this.
post #57 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTritsch View Post
Whether it worth anything I'll add my thoughts on the turbo kit demand. I think if there is to be any success in this it needs to be available in stages. You want a fully functional base kit at the lowest cost possible. Good manifold and downpipe, then the options go from there. I would take a look at what bell engineering offers as a smart path to follow.

I really think a complete non-intercooled rotrex based kit coupled with a pretuned AEM fic or similar would be the best option at this time. The lower you get the base cost, the more people who will start with it. Sure it won't make a ton of power out of the box...but continuous upgrading is what drives all of this.
The market for super charged systems just isnt there. There are alot of people that say they want it but when push comes to shove no one puts their money where their mouth is. And I agree it would be nice to start with a good foundation such as a manifold and down pipe and allow the customer to choose what he or she wants either base on price or power goals. There is no way in hell that Dezod would offer a kit with some sort of ems with a pretune on it already. there are to many idiots who would try to drive the car on it and blow it up or damage something. its just not worth the headache

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #58 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Lurker

I get what your saying, and anyone who has ever actually gone through the process of adding a turbo to a car will realize the ECU and tune is one of the most important components. But as you also know the process can be extremely high cost in terms of hardware and tuning time, assuming you can't or don't tune it yourself.

Shipping a functional low boost kit with a conservative tune could easily shave $1000 off if not more. Better than an FIC would be a simple "black box" with preset timing retard and fuel addition based on manifold pressure; I'm not sure if thats feasible with the IS300 ecu though. Many people buy these parts paycheck to paycheck. Finding ways to hit the right price points for upgrades ($300-1000) will be key. I would be very surprised if majority of customers weren't wage workers and military (that is in no way a dig, but they are often young people with enough money and the least number of other responsibilities/bills). Show a nice little dyno graph and description so everyone can see what the next upgrade brings in terms of power and driveability. I think its possible to ship a reliable low boost kit alongside a fully optioned kit. Target for availability should be early tax refund season.

I think of it like this...if everyone actually wanted the best performance and to do it the right way there would be alot more custom valved Ohlins than megan racing coilovers. If it makes turbo sounds, drives ok, and goes faster there will be plenty of happy customers.

Last edited by JRTritsch; 07-24-2012 at 08:01 AM.
post #59 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

We more than likely will not pursue any supercharged application setup. It will be turbo and we have a car lined up for development, but need to map out the development schedule with priority in mind of other ventures that will cause higher demand.
post #60 of 84 (permalink) Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 AM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
If I was Dezod I would consintrate on making a quality mid range priced manifold with option of nice down pipe !

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page