Official Dezod "Green" Header Review - Page 6 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-11-2014, 07:10 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech9 View Post
Just curious.. If these are installed and smogged with a California sniffer, would these pass?
I don't know. My theory is that they would pass sniff, but fail visual. We have some CA customers whom have them on their cars....Haven't anything back from them.
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
I don't know. My theory is that they would pass sniff, but fail visual. We have some CA customers whom have them on their cars....Haven't anything back from them.
I actually went in to get my car smogged today and the technician told me that there is no more visual or sniff test anymore. It's all electronic through OBDII now.

I asked the owner if I were to "HYPOTHETICALLY" get new headers once my OEM cats die, and no CELs were shown, would I be able to pass the new emission requirements.. He said "technically" I would pass.

Good enough for me
jho12 is offline  
post #78 of 88 (permalink) Old 12-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by jho12 View Post
I actually went in to get my car smogged today and the technician told me that there is no more visual or sniff test anymore. It's all electronic through OBDII now.

I asked the owner if I were to "HYPOTHETICALLY" get new headers once my OEM cats die, and no CELs were shown, would I be able to pass the new emission requirements.. He said "technically" I would pass.

Good enough for me


I had heard CARB went bankrupt and I guess that it's now official.
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
 
post #79 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Follower
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 536
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post


I had heard CARB went bankrupt and I guess that it's now official.
CARB may have always been morally, ethically, and intellectually bankrupt. But not fiscally; they are a government entity and can get as much money as they want, especially in this green weenie state...
ISteve is offline  
post #80 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
 
Good looking Headers! I'm in the market for a new exhaust system definitely going to be checking you guys out! Plus the cost on-line aren't too bad!
TRAVISSIMICH is offline  
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hot Desert
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVISSIMICH View Post
Good looking Headers! I'm in the market for a new exhaust system definitely going to be checking you guys out! Plus the cost on-line aren't too bad!
Read up on current threads about these, couple members having fitment issues. piping hits the crossmember and rattles. Sounds like a new batch issue.

Last edited by Dezod Motorsports; 10-17-2016 at 02:33 PM.
VEHEMENCE is offline  
post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 09-24-2016, 04:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEHEMENCE View Post
Read up on current threads about these, couple members having fitment issues. piping hits the crossmember and rattles. Sounds like a new batch issue.
Yeah I read two of those threads. I don't see too many options though but I'm not in a rush either. Car is out of commission currently.
TRAVISSIMICH is offline  
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
new batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEHEMENCE View Post
Read up on current threads about these, couple members having fitment issues. piping hits the crossmember and rattles. Sounds like a new batch issue.

A new batch means what exactly? Out of the same jigs. Your experience varies by car age, abuse and maintenance, and if anyone having a problem would like to send theirs in to have test fitted into the jigs and verified I'm happy to do so!


Until anyone has let me do so I can't verify anything.

Thanks guys,

Chris
TLT Strategies likes this.

Last edited by Dezod Motorsports; 10-17-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVISSIMICH View Post
Yeah I read two of those threads. I don't see too many options though but I'm not in a rush either. Car is out of commission currently.

Let me know if we can help. Happy to do so. Nuances for everyone's car can not be taken into account for, but we try. If there's a problem we test fit and fix or send out new.

Thanks,

Chris
TRAVISSIMICH likes this.
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Lurker
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
A new batch means what exactly? Out of the same jigs. Your experience varies by car age, abuse and maintenance, and if anyone having a problem would like to send theirs in to have test fitted into the jigs and verified I'm happy to do so!


Until anyone has let me do so I can't verify anything.

Thanks guys,

Chris

quality service!
Dezod Motorsports likes this.
TLT Strategies is offline  
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
Let me know if we can help. Happy to do so. Nuances for everyone's car can not be taken into account for, but we try. If there's a problem we test fit and fix or send out new.

Thanks,

Chris
Thanks for the response! Just goes to show you guys care about the issues people have!
TRAVISSIMICH is offline  
post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 06:23 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVISSIMICH View Post
Thanks for the response! Just goes to show you guys care about the issues people have!
Very welcome sir, thank you!
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome