User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

IS300 Red Dezod header discussion (DYNO INSIDE)

Well, I know we have been slow to respond here about this, but finally have gotten our ducks in a row with our 160K mile automatic trans 2001 test mule. Needless to say, the results where impressive and we saw MASSIVE area under the curve change and gains of 16 ft/lbs of torque to the tire. Questions?

Last edited by Dezod Motorsports; 01-27-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 07:47 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Finally some numbers! That guy was SO slow....LOL.

16tq? Um damn....NICE job Dezod!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybell View Post
Finally some numbers! That guy was SO slow....LOL.

16tq? Um damn....NICE job Dezod!
Yep! To the tires too on an auto. I was impressed to say the least. MASSIVE area under curve changes too. Must be a blast to drive.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 08:53 AM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
Yep! To the tires too on an auto. I was impressed to say the least. MASSIVE area under curve changes too. Must be a blast to drive.
I think that's what everyone that buys this tubular amazingness will find. From day one it was LOUD....however, I'm using HKS HiPower and it is LOUD to begin with lol. The performance of this header far outweighs how loud...but c'mon folks it's catless, you know it's gonna be loud.

After having this on the car, the characteristics of power/tq band and the feel of in traffic acceleration are VERY different. Under 2k this header is fine putting along...now, give it some throttle and break 3000rpm and let the FUN begin. It pulls so nicely, improves throttle response, and LOVES IT when you floor it mid 3rd gear. This thing has single handedly brought interest back into my build. It pulls quite a bit harder than before...and the mid range torque in traffic is amazing.

I know this thing is an investment, we've all seen ebay headers and what they WON'T do and we know what they sound like. I just can't tell you enough how well your money is spent here. Welcome to the big leagues boys.....

MAKE NO MISTAKE this header is PURE DEZOD INNOVATION. It's pure Dezod heart, it's stout as F Dezod build quality, and it's staying on my car, I don't care how loud it is .

People, if you are dying to spend $300-500 on a ebay header...for the love of pete don't do it. Read the reviews of the Dezod Red and Green headers...SAVE YOUR MONEY and SPEND IT ON A WELL INNOVATED UPGRADE THAT MAKES POWER/TQ!!!!

Ask questions if you have them....

Thanks Dezod!!!!!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
I think that's what everyone that buys this tubular amazingness will find. From day one it was LOUD....however, I'm using HKS HiPower and it is LOUD to begin with lol. The performance of this header far outweighs how loud...but c'mon folks it's catless, you know it's gonna be loud.

After having this on the car, the characteristics of power/tq band and the feel of in traffic acceleration are VERY different. Under 2k this header is fine putting along...now, give it some throttle and break 3000rpm and let the FUN begin. It pulls so nicely, improves throttle response, and LOVES IT when you floor it mid 3rd gear. This thing has single handedly brought interest back into my build. It pulls quite a bit harder than before...and the mid range torque in traffic is amazing.

I know this thing is an investment, we've all seen ebay headers and what they WON'T do and we know what they sound like. I just can't tell you enough how well your money is spent here. Welcome to the big leagues boys.....

MAKE NO MISTAKE this header is PURE DEZOD INNOVATION. It's pure Dezod heart, it's stout as F Dezod build quality, and it's staying on my car, I don't care how loud it is .

People, if you are dying to spend $300-500 on a ebay header...for the love of pete don't do it. Read the reviews of the Dezod Red and Green headers...SAVE YOUR MONEY and SPEND IT ON A WELL INNOVATED UPGRADE THAT MAKES POWER/TQ!!!!

Ask questions if you have them....

Thanks Dezod!!!!!
Wow! Thanks for the kind words sir.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:15 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

These headers are a work of art, I would totally buy them if I wasn't boosting. Those are REALLY impressive numbers, makes me wonder how well they would perform on a 5 speed manual
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkaltezza View Post
These headers are a work of art, I would totally buy them if I wasn't boosting. Those are REALLY impressive numbers, makes me wonder how well they would perform on a 5 speed manual
Thank you. I'd anticipate another 5-10% more power.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 30 Post(s)

Decent #'s. I'd buy these 2day if I could run @ least 1 cat. I'm running OBX headers now w/my stock Y-pipe & HKS Carbon Ti-. But would LOVE to switch to these when I replace all my O2 sensors next month. I don't mind the loudness, actually I'd look forward to it. But I can't deal with the smell/odor of no cats day-in-day-out.

I know the Green's are an option, but is there any other alternative to run the Red's & add a cat somewhere else?

'03 IS3: http://my.is/forums/f87/juicij36s-la...3/#post7846401
suspension:TeinSS/JICMagictower/CuscoAarm/CuscoTypeOS/Hotchkisanti/FIGStoe/FIGStraction/SRTsubframe/TRDlowerarm; engine/exhaust:BrianCrower264/HKSslidecam/SRTHFIw/AAFC/UnorthodoxRacingUltraSS/Dezodredhead/HKSCarbonTi; wheels/tires:WORKVS-XX/BridgestonePotenza; brakes:Rotora355X32; body:LSportline/TRD; lighting:AAC/Xetronic
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicij36 View Post
Decent #'s. I'd buy these 2day if I could run @ least 1 cat. I'm running OBX headers now w/my stock Y-pipe & HKS Carbon Ti-. But would LOVE to switch to these when I replace all my O2 sensors next month. I don't mind the loudness, actually I'd look forward to it. But I can't deal with the smell/odor of no cats day-in-day-out.

I know the Green's are an option, but is there any other alternative to run the Red's & add a cat somewhere else?
No cat option on this deal unless you do it by yourself. We have the greens for that.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 06:06 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

any sound clip ??
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristIs300 View Post
any sound clip ??
You need to ask Shinybell for a clip. It's loud with the HKS
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristIs300 View Post
any sound clip ??
Yeah I can get you one, lemme see if I can get one done tomorrow for you....
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:55 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Yeah I can get you one, lemme see if I can get one done tomorrow for you....
Youhou !
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Had a nice rush of reds go out the door this past week and we are cleaned out for a few weeks on this skew as well. Thank you My.IS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page