User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

IS300 Dezod Green Header Thread (update pg 37)

Hello! Many of you may know us for our work with the AEM EMS for this app. It's the number one selling standalone engine management system on the market. Note, we are not just all about electronics. We have an excellent fabricator whom works for us and has lots of skills.

Update 1/4/13:
We have since been busy over the holiday break and had some time to revisit yet another revision to the header to move that much closer to final production (assuming testing goes fine).

Pic of CNC flange:

For a tack'd together upper half of the Green header being born:

Give you some more! Ok........

Specifications of production piece:
*3/8" CNC cut head flange with gasket trace (not laser cut)
*304 Stainless steel 16 gauge tubing (not aluminized or mild steel with ceramic coatings)
*6-2-1 design
*Twin 3-1 hand crafted low angle merge collectors
*4 appropriate O2 bungs and placement
*Twin 49 state legal 2 & 3 way OBD2 high flow catalytic converters (no need for spoofing or O2 deletes)
*Professionally TIG welded in house using pure Argon w/ backpurge
*Megaphone inlet into catalytic converter
*Reverse megaphone outlet from catalytic converter
*3 piece system to make install easier
*Direct bolt-on
*Replaces factory y-pipe
*V-band connections
*Interlock flex pipe integrated into mid-pipe (y-pipe replacement pipe)

Last edited by Dezod Motorsports; 02-04-2014 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That quality looks amazing. I will gladly be the first one to say.....YES. I am interested in something like that.
post #3 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

All parts are professionally TIG welded and backpurged using 100% Argon.

The head flanges are CNC cut.

True American craftsmanship is back.

post #4 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Addict

If it's supercharger compatible, gains at least as much as mazzuri, and is cat-less, and it's reasonably priced I'd be interested.

In 5 years I will have the worlds fastest IS300... because everyone else will have parted out and bought an M3.
post #5 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Frequenter

Will be one of the first on the sign up list to buy if you guys decide to make them

2002 IBP IS300 5spd w/LSD

Greddy Lip| Stance GR+ Coilovers | HKS Super Drager| Injen Intake | Ralco SS | JDM Window Visors| Red Tailight Overlay| Cusco Rear Strut | JDM Antenna| 6000K HID| 3000k Nokia DRL| LED
post #6 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjarvis View Post
If it's supercharger compatible, gains at least as much as mazzuri, and is cat-less, and it's reasonably priced I'd be interested.
I saw Mazzuri headers long time ago. The quality was not near ours and what we offer. It's been sometime and now I don't recall what they sold for new. I want to say $750-800 IIRC.
post #7 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Addict

Yep your weld quality does look much better. Price wise I'd love too see them around $600, but that might be asking a lot. I'd still consider $750 reasonable, but if they got to be around $1000 I'd lose interest.

Also if they have flanges that don't develop exhaust leaks every 6 months that be great too, that seems to be the exhaust leak pattern my V1 Mazzuri headers have now.

In 5 years I will have the worlds fastest IS300... because everyone else will have parted out and bought an M3.
post #8 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjarvis View Post
Yep your weld quality does look much better. Price wise I'd love too see them around $600, but that might be asking a lot. I'd still consider $750 reasonable, but if they got to be around $1000 I'd lose interest.

Also if they have flanges that don't develop exhaust leaks every 6 months that be great too, that seems to be the exhaust leak pattern my V1 Mazzuri headers have now.
Won't know an estimated cost until we build some.

Well with respect to flanges, there are a lot of dynamics at play. First off is material thickness. We use 3/8" or 1/2" thick CNC cut head flanges. We also bolt them into a JIG plate when building them which is 1" thick to help prevent pulling and tweaking. Also, when welding, we try not to push a lot of heat affected zone through the welded areas especially around the head flange. If it tweaks hard, it will leak like you're describing.

Ours are 100% professionally TIG welded AND backpurged 100%. So, our weld quality, appearance, cut and fit is a lot better as a whole.
post #9 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 03:58 PM

I would also be very interested in a set of nice headers as well... So long as I'm not gonna have to loose my left arm over the whole deal ;') Keep us posted!!!

04 IS3hundo 5 Speed MT. 3.91 88 MkIII LSD swap! JoeZ intake. More to come soon...
post #10 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Lurker

I'm very interested. It would be great if price was around $700. I'm curious to how well it seals when the header connects to the y-pipe. That's always been a headache.

03' MSM IS300 5spd LSD
Joe-Z Intake | Fidanza LW Flywheel | Clutchmasters Stage 1 | HP Racing Headers & Y | OBX B-pipe w/Megan OE-RS Axle Back
post #11 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I think this would be a great idea. The Lexus IS300 is a cheap car now and I keep seeing more and more of them in my area.

If you do make this header please include a y-pipe that connects to the header via single flange not the dual like the stock set-up because it is just a shitty setup.

There are many people looking for mazzuri headers and they go for quite a bit used. If you can match or beat the gains and provide a ceramic coating option then you may make some money.

The biggest problems with headers that are available to us at the moment are..

(IMO starting iwth the worst)

1.) header to Y-pipe connection

2.) Substantial noise (sounds more like vibration than a roar, due to thin metal)

3.) Power gains...

No currently available headers are equal length and only have a minimal power increase, in this case it is okay by most because a entire header + y-pipe combo costs about $250.00 shipped but the gains are very small. The old XERD setup gained a member up to 26.1 HP and 33.6 TQ on a stock engine for $500.00 back in the day brand new. The Megan set-up is a similar design. Honestly I would talk to Bezik777 because he did a lot of work researching headers for our cars and made a sticky. If you can address these problems then it will all be good.

Just remember though... these cars while fun to drive are slower than 350z's.

Good luck with this Dezod!!! I hope all turns out well.

AND TO MODS! PLEASE DO NOT RELOCATE THIS THREAD WE NEED MORE PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR OUR CARS!
post #12 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Lurker

I would be interested in a setup with the first two cats in a stock like configuration. If I wanted to buy a header with no cats I would already own one.

2002 IS300 5MT: 2012 One Lap of America Competitor/ Hotchkiss Sways | Bilsteins | Tanabe Touring | Xerd Y
1993 Integra: SCCA ITA Prep, #49 Grp2/5 ICSCC
1994 Landcruiser: Daily Driver/Tow Vehicle/Trail Machine
post #13 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I would be definitely interested. As other have said if the pricepoint could be within the $500-$700 with proven gains then i'm sold. Your quality looks way better than others.

03 BO is300 e-shift - powered by a vortech S/C, work vs-xx with falken fk 452, bilstein shocks with eibach pro kit...pshhh yeah right R.I.P 2/11/09
03 BO is300 HKS/ Koni/ Eibach/ Enkei/ Signal Auto/ Brian Crower/ Titan/ TRD NEO/ EDM/ TRD elegant R.I.P 8/1/13 rear ended. :(
05 BO is300 Tein... bought and sold in a month...lol. The game is not the same

MeVersusThem
post #14 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

definately interested if price is 750-1K (or less LOL) and gains are very good (with focus on best powerband/area under the curve vs. peak #s only.

I(& I'm sure most people) would rather only gain 5whp up top but 15-20 in the middle/lower end vs same or less than stock till 5k and suddenly an extra 15whp from 5500 to redline.

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)
post #15 of 684 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

definitly veryyy interested. i follow you guys on facebook and see all the pictures you guys post. All your work its very high quality and above anyones standards. if you can put something out that can match or beat mazzuri is all categories, count me in.

2005 IS300 MSM 5spd /JL and Eclipse custom sound system/5%tint/SRT/HKS/Mazzuri/PIAA

2008 ISF SFP... stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page