LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_is300 View Post
Ok cool, Id love to have 2 maps one for e85 and one for 93 pump but AEM has yet to release a flex fuel sensor. I am also looking into selling my TurboSmart MBC for the AEM Tru Boost setup.
Toggle switch FTW! One less sensor to buy and worry about failing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Where would be a good placed to get my AEM EMS2 checked?
mines gone faulty and the ignition doesnt fire when trying to start the car.
loacted in AUS, is it worth it to get it repaired or just go for a new EMS
post #93 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-19-2012, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrifusion View Post
Where would be a good placed to get my AEM EMS2 checked?
mines gone faulty and the ignition doesnt fire when trying to start the car.
loacted in AUS, is it worth it to get it repaired or just go for a new EMS
That is your call. I would start by contacting AEM directly.

post #94 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Alright as I said before I would take a screen shot of the AEMTuner and the Toyota Techstream to the temp sensor issue. If both the AEM and stock ECU are using the same sensor I am guess the temps should be close..........WRONG they are pretty far apart. But while just cruising at 70mph for 10 minutes or so my engine temp never went past 180 which is fine.

The problem that could happen here is that the AEM see's one temp and the OEM ECU see's a scewed temp and might not kick the fans on.

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #95 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Something with these new AEM V2 boxes causes a skew to the factory ECU that never occurred prior on early V2 boxes NOR V1 boxes. This is why we have made changes to the mods, and offered a solution for those whom have the boxes to send it back in for the fix OR run an AEM ECT where the tap into the factory signal is removed and all will be ok.
post #96 of 193 (permalink) Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I will further elaborate on this.

There are effectively two solutions to solving this issue.

1) Remove the tap into the engine coolant temp sensor reading on our harness and run a supplemental ECT sensor strictly for the AEM EMS to read. This requires no down time and about $35 in cost.

2) Send us back your AEM EMS box (only) and we will open it up, modify it, reseal it and send it back to you. This requires a few days of down time, but that's it.

Either of these methods will relieve the factory ECU seeing more resistance than it should causing the large temperature differential.
post #97 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis007 View Post
what do u want to know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
Ditto. ?????
well this thread for the V2.i have the V1.im staying auto.will i have to keep my MAF installed?thanks in advance.

98 VVTi SC300,Wet 100 Shot of NOS,Front LS400 BBK Calipers painted gold,Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines,Blacken Emblems,Polished Intake,Tanabe Springs,8k Hid's 6k fogs,Tranny cooler w/fan,EXE Konvex Front 19x8.5,Rear 19x9.5.
14.1@96mph on NOS
NA-T-4" intake,Borg Warner 83-75,Stainless steel manifold,Tial 38mm WG,2 Blitz BOV,Aeromotive FPR,850cc,Twin in tank Walbro fuel pump,FFIM,AEM standalone,Aem Wideband,HKS Cam Gear,Blitz SBC i-D boost Controller(Need to Tune)
post #98 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98$c300vvti View Post
well this thread for the V2.i have the V1.im staying auto.will i have to keep my MAF installed?thanks in advance.
Autos need to keep the MAF for calculated shift points.
post #99 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Autos need to keep the MAF for calculated shift points.
im doing my built myself.can you guide me as to where to put it.has it worked to trick the car that the MAF is in there?
also what idle issues will i have with the Dezod AEM EMS v1?

98 VVTi SC300,Wet 100 Shot of NOS,Front LS400 BBK Calipers painted gold,Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines,Blacken Emblems,Polished Intake,Tanabe Springs,8k Hid's 6k fogs,Tranny cooler w/fan,EXE Konvex Front 19x8.5,Rear 19x9.5.
14.1@96mph on NOS
NA-T-4" intake,Borg Warner 83-75,Stainless steel manifold,Tial 38mm WG,2 Blitz BOV,Aeromotive FPR,850cc,Twin in tank Walbro fuel pump,FFIM,AEM standalone,Aem Wideband,HKS Cam Gear,Blitz SBC i-D boost Controller(Need to Tune)
post #100 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 AM
tba
Lurker

The MAF can go either in front of the throttle body or turbo. If you place the MAF pre-turbo, you should add an IAT sensor near the throttle body so the AEM gets an accurate air temp reading.
The stock ECU on an auto uses the MAF to know when to shift the trans. Without that proper reading, the trans will go into limp mode and shift at the lowest rpm possible. E-shift will also not function properly.
With a proper tune, there should be no idle issues. The stock ECU will still control idle airflow using the throttle body, the EMS only handles fuel and timing.
post #101 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98$c300vvti View Post
im doing my built myself.can you guide me as to where to put it.has it worked to trick the car that the MAF is in there?
also what idle issues will i have with the Dezod AEM EMS v1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tba View Post
The MAF can go either in front of the throttle body or turbo. If you place the MAF pre-turbo, you should add an IAT sensor near the throttle body so the AEM gets an accurate air temp reading.
The stock ECU on an auto uses the MAF to know when to shift the trans. Without that proper reading, the trans will go into limp mode and shift at the lowest rpm possible. E-shift will also not function properly.
With a proper tune, there should be no idle issues. The stock ECU will still control idle airflow using the throttle body, the EMS only handles fuel and timing.
Let me also reiterate that with control over VVT, fuel and ignition timing, your idle should be close to factory.
post #102 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I haven't read into it, and after receiving my car back - the shop did not include any of my AEM paperwork/boxes.

Regarding a programmable two-step, is this immediately available on my AEM v2 and can I (relatively) easily program it for my non-stalled auto trans?
post #103 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohfour View Post
I haven't read into it, and after receiving my car back - the shop did not include any of my AEM paperwork/boxes.

Regarding a programmable two-step, is this immediately available on my AEM v2 and can I (relatively) easily program it for my non-stalled auto trans?
Can't do 2STEP on an auto, but yes it can be done on the box.

Instructions found here:
My Computer>C Drive>Program Files>AEM>Instructions

You can also DL AEM PRO software and it automatically installs "AEM PRO USER GUIDE V2.0" which is the bible for EMS.
post #104 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tba View Post
ok thanks for your help.i have a IAT sensor.so ill go with that route.i dont don't know if i mentioned it before.im going ffim with an aftermarket TB will the stock ECU still control idle?

14.1@96mph on NOS
post #105 of 193 (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Let me also reiterate that with control over VVT, fuel and ignition timing, your idle should be close to factory.
thanks for the info.it's been really hard for me to get good soild infomation on the vvti set-up when going boost.
i know that it will never be factory with all the changes i have done to the car.but i could live with close to factory.lol

14.1@96mph on NOS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page