LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
just tried uninstalling, reinstalling the software. didn't work
tried going to aem site and downloading the new software for vista users, didn't work
tried to connect before doing the USB fix, said no power
switched out just the AEMComsUsb.dll into just the AEM/AEMTuner file. gave the can't find certain file errors, so went back into Old USB Drivers and copied over the 7 AEM Updated / libusb0.dll files back into the AEM/AEMTuner folder and went back to

USB:No AEM Devices
AEMTuner cannot connect to ECU. Please make sure tht the ECU is powered on and check the connection cable.

my next thing to try is bringing out the desktop computer to see if that can connect, lol. any other suggestions? (the laptop is vista, desktop is win7)

~cody

02 5 speed. Chargespeed, CP, Eagle, OBX, area 51, SRT, TRD, HKS, Volk, TokenSolutions, FIGS, BC, ARP, Fidanza, ACT, Tein, UR, ATI, AEM, Hawk, Megan, Greddy, Mishimoto, Teck, Clifford, Focal, Alpine, Pioneer, C-West, AAC, Cusco, Sustec, Tuned Parts, Toyomoto, Walbro...ect ect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsaPride View Post
tried going to aem site and downloading the new software for vista users, didn't work
switched out just the AEMComsUsb.dll into just the AEM/AEMTuner file. gave the can't find certain file errors, so went back into Old USB Drivers and copied over the 7 AEM Updated / libusb0.dll files back into the AEM/AEMTuner folder and went back to

AEMTuner cannot connect to ECU. Please make sure tht the ECU is powered on and check the connection cable.

my next thing to try is bringing out the desktop computer to see if that can connect, lol. any other suggestions? (the laptop is vista, desktop is win7)

~cody
This is Windows 7? I am not sure Tuner works on 7. I still run XP because EVERY piece of tuning software in the world still seems to operate on it. Damn Windows. Grrrr.

Try a serial to USB adapter?
post #48 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 PM
tba
Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just an update.
Paul sent me an AEM coolant sensor to work around the issue. Got everything installed and the V2 is running fine. Still have to fine tune a bit since the conversion of the cal file wasn't 100%.
Thanks Paul.

post #49 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tba View Post
Just an update.
Paul sent me an AEM coolant sensor to work around the issue. Got everything installed and the V2 is running fine. Still have to fine tune a bit since the conversion of the cal file wasn't 100%.
Thanks Paul.
Awesome!

With the help from one of AEM's best techs and some detective work, we came to a resolution for future kits without having to include the AEM ECT.
post #50 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:

~cody
I had issues with the USB and not being able to connect to the AEM I switched out to a USB to RS232 cable and have never had an issue since. Also search the AEM forum on this type of topic, I read something on there about having this same issue with an S2000 setup. They said something about holding one of the F# key down while starting up the computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tba View Post
Ran into a problem today testing my V2 EMS. It seems that the V2 reads the wrong sensor voltage for the coolant temp. With my V1, I see 0.66v and 172F in AEMpro (OBD2 reads 161F). With the V2, it reads 1.2v and 129F in AEM Tuner (OBD2 reads 122F). Oil temp reads 190F, and I have an HKS coolant temp gauge installed that shows 168F, so the V1 reading is correct.
The low coolant temp reading is causing the idle to hold around 1400-1500rpm since the stock ECU thinks the motor still needs to warm up and holds the throttle body open. The radiator fans also do not turn on since the ECU thinks the coolant temp is lower than it really is.
I checked the wiring on the V2 PnP harness, and the coolant temp wire is correct pin to pin.
Any ideas for things to check?
This is interesting because on my car the engine coolant temp gauge reads super low even after 15+ minutes of driving. Next time its warm out I'll take my car out run it get it up to operating temp and hook up my TechStream to see if numbers from the OEM ECT sensor are skewed or not what the actual temp is. When I first noticed this I just figured since the AEM is in place that this was just one of the affects of having a stand alone installed. Ill have to do some digging If there is anyone else noticing this let me know!

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$

Last edited by leonard_is300; 02-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.
post #51 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:48 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
Awesome!

With the help from one of AEM's best techs and some detective work, we came to a resolution for future kits without having to include the AEM ECT.
Can you let us in on what you found? As i have this issue, am in the process of putting the car back together and would like to get this fixed once back together.

Boosted 2003 IS300 Sportdesign
346WHP and 314WTQ on a mustang dyno, tbc...
post #52 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyh View Post
Can you let us in on what you found? As i have this issue, am in the process of putting the car back together and would like to get this fixed once back together.
AEM switched a few things around on the boards of the ECU and that caused a weird feedback to occur on the stock ECU side that did not occur on early V2 boxes nor V1 boxes. Anyway, if you suspect this is an issue simply contact sales@dezod.com and send us your box, we will make the modification and send the box back.

Alternatively, if you can not have down time, you may purchase an AEM coolant temp sensor at a discounted price. This will solve the problem indirectly.
post #53 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Boosted Troll

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_is300 View Post
This is interesting because on my car the engine coolant temp gauge reads super low even after 15+ minutes of driving. Next time its warm out I'll take my car out run it get it up to operating temp and hook up my TechStream to see if numbers from the OEM ECT sensor are skewed or not what the actual temp is. When I first noticed this I just figured since the AEM is in place that this was just one of the affects of having a stand alone installed. Ill have to do some digging If there is anyone else noticing this let me know!

i have the same "issue" i guess. i have v2 and my stock coolant gauge reads low, when in fact its up to operating temp using my HKS setup. I dont have fan/rpm issues though. i, too, thought it was just a symptom of running a standalone.

02 MSM W55 LSD FULLY BUILT NA-T
Carrillo Pro/Manley H Beam/ARP/ACL/PT6262-CEA/TT Gasket/BC 264's/BC Springs & Valves/Ferrea Seals/ETS IC/Tial WG and BOV/ PC'd all black/V-band 3" with Carbon Ti / :)

04 CRP EJ25 FXT not faster than ^^^^... yet

Supporting Vendors that support the community is just common sense

post #54 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
so mine was definitely the problems with windows vista & windows 7. XP worked just great! brought the whole desktop out and everything and it connected right up. fun stuff, lol. now to find a decent tuner!

thanks for the support
~cody

02 5 speed. Chargespeed, CP, Eagle, OBX, area 51, SRT, TRD, HKS, Volk, TokenSolutions, FIGS, BC, ARP, Fidanza, ACT, Tein, UR, ATI, AEM, Hawk, Megan, Greddy, Mishimoto, Teck, Clifford, Focal, Alpine, Pioneer, C-West, AAC, Cusco, Sustec, Tuned Parts, Toyomoto, Walbro...ect ect
post #55 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
so mine was definitely the problems with windows vista & windows 7. XP worked just great! brought the whole desktop out and everything and it connected right up. fun stuff, lol. now to find a decent tuner!

thanks for the support
~cody
Welcome! Glad to see she was all sorted out.

This is exactly why we still have XP everywhere.
post #56 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Extremist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitched1 View Post
i have the same "issue" i guess. i have v2 and my stock coolant gauge reads low, when in fact its up to operating temp using my HKS setup. I dont have fan/rpm issues though. i, too, thought it was just a symptom of running a standalone.
I hope I wasnt cooking my engine I never really looked into it nor thought it would be a big issue. Ill just have to wait and see till it warms up around here to get a better look at it.

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #57 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_is300 View Post
I hope I wasnt cooking my engine I never really looked into it nor thought it would be a big issue. Ill just have to wait and see till it warms up around here to get a better look at it.
You would know if that occurred. There's no hiding it.
post #58 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Extremist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
You would know if that occurred. There's no hiding it.
Very true but at the same time driving my car is like being a 5 year old in a candy store! If I happen to find an issue and a solution I will for sure let you know and keep you in the loop!

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #59 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Boosted Troll

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
Definitely lmk if you find something Leonard.

Dezod is this normal, in regards to the stock gauge reading super low with no other symptoms, while in fact being at operating temp?

02 MSM W55 LSD FULLY BUILT NA-T
Carrillo Pro/Manley H Beam/ARP/ACL/PT6262-CEA/TT Gasket/BC 264's/BC Springs & Valves/Ferrea Seals/ETS IC/Tial WG and BOV/ PC'd all black/V-band 3" with Carbon Ti / :)

04 CRP EJ25 FXT not faster than ^^^^... yet

Supporting Vendors that support the community is just common sense

post #60 of 193 (permalink) Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitched1 View Post
Definitely lmk if you find something Leonard.

Dezod is this normal, in regards to the stock gauge reading super low with no other symptoms, while in fact being at operating temp?
I don't pay attention to the dummy dash gauge. Use a scan tool and see what she is reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > Dezod Motorsports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page