User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

So about when do you think you will start making these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I have a car that will be left with me for several months. I should have time to get the last details ironed out then.
post #63 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Technical Poseur

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Youre going to make me use a scooter for 3 months arent you? haha

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?

post #64 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Deity

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Not sure if this has been said or not but is there really a market for high end headers seeing as Dezod just released their set? I'm not sure how profitable this would be when there are a vast array of products people still need for the IS300.

Just my thoughts.
post #65 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)

Yeah, with everyone whining about the price of the Dezod headers, it's showing the true colors of the new IS crowd.
post #66 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM
Technical Poseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
Not sure if this has been said or not but is there really a market for high end headers seeing as Dezod just released their set? I'm not sure how profitable this would be when there are a vast array of products people still need for the IS300.

Just my thoughts.
Hold on to your butt. The next few months will be an exciting wild ride I forsee.

post #67 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Deity

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
Hold on to your butt. The next few months will be an exciting wild ride I forsee.
Holding.
post #68 of 219 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Technical Poseur

I promise.

post #69 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

the main reason to do this IMO is to verify the process and the gains on this platform. We will be translating that to other headers like the F and 350. I will do it if I can sell 2. We will likely keep prices down by offering it in ceramic coated mild steel and minimal process flanges.
post #70 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
the main reason to do this IMO is to verify the process and the gains on this platform. We will be translating that to other headers like the F and 350. I will do it if I can sell 2. We will likely keep prices down by offering it in ceramic coated mild steel and minimal process flanges.
how down are we talking though?

2001 IS300 GGP Auto with LSD
JoeZ Intake w/ K&N Air Filter
Hotchkis Front/Rear Sways with Figs rear endlinks
BC Racing Coilovers Dezod Brake lines JVC Head Unit
post #71 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post

Just my thoughts.
agreed....sadly it seems more and more that the IS is becoming the next civic, miata or 240 and the typical lowball/low budget crowd is following

If I could find a working OEM header to borrow when my smog is due in december rather than buy the CARB magnaflow setup I would be seriously interested in these if they're under 1500 and produce a strong powerband(rather than 2-5whp in the low to mid & 50whp at 7k rpm I'd rather see useable power of 20-25whp everywhere and 35whp up top)...probably an overly extreme example but you get my drift

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)
post #72 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

it will not be budget but it will not be above $1K as a goal.
post #73 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Fiend

Will it be headers and a y pipe or just the headers? Also if it does include a y pipe would you offer an option that has one cat on the y pipe at least? As far as the price goes I think it would be great if you could price them between $500.00-800.00 tops. Because I don't think the dezod headers have been selling very well after reading a lot of threads about them and I think its because there too much. As far as everyone saying a lot of Is300 owners are cheap, I don't think its fare to call someone cheap because they don't want to spend 1300 dollars on a couple of bended exhaust pipes aka headers that only make a few more horse power then a 100 dollar joez intake.
post #74 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

The gains have to justify the price. My hotel is a full header and b pipe. Depending on configuration it may not be a y pipe
post #75 of 219 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy89 View Post
Will it be headers and a y pipe or just the headers? Also if it does include a y pipe would you offer an option that has one cat on the y pipe at least? As far as the price goes I think it would be great if you could price them between $500.00-800.00 tops. Because I don't think the dezod headers have been selling very well after reading a lot of threads about them and I think its because there too much. As far as everyone saying a lot of Is300 owners are cheap, I don't think its fare to call someone cheap because they don't want to spend 1300 dollars on a couple of bended exhaust pipes aka headers that only make a few more horse power then a 100 dollar joez intake.
Joe Z may only make 1-2 hp. Header makes 10-15 hp, or around 8-10x for 12x the price. Also, you can't stack 10 JoeZ to make 20 hp. You can only use one JoeZ for 2 hp. Lastly, a lot of new members are cheap asses who rattle can their ill fitting body kit and cut springs ...

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > FIGS Engineering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page