User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 07:14 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong but there will be a low-end loss with these long tubes. Whether or not it's significant after a piggy back tune is the question. I'm looking to buy these just for the sound, actually. I think a graph of the WHP increase will convince people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reklipz View Post
Not sure... the posted data isn't enough to convince me this is worth the cost. It's from a street automatic that is burning oil without a fresh tune-up. Further, the tachometer is not an accurate reading and is instead calculated based upon some (probably) close assumptions.

For a shop selling a product with resources at hand to purchase a vehicle for testing, I was expecting better quality data... all of the things you hint at yourself wanting in a dyno graph (fresh tune, exact tach data, manual trans pull, healthy engine, full RPM range curve, etc.).

Just my $0.02. I'm not really in the game at the moment (nor have I been before), so take that for what it is.
We have been looking for a car for more than 6 months. Finally a suitable subject came through. We do not have 10 of these sitting on shelves waiting for homes, so everything we do is for another purpose in mind and these will serve that purpose (spec class racing.) We are offering this product as it has been on my product list for far too long. I am committed to providing the data as we can as a company with many other things going on. The HP comparison in the extracted data is still exact, meaning the data plot from the baseline dyno speed and the post install dyno are aligned based on MPH on the same dyno with the same car. So I do not think the error is any worse than a typical dyno. I guess what I am posing to any customer is if they weigh their decisions so heavily on a scale that is so variable, this is likely not the product for them. The cost represents the time it takes to build one unit after its ordered, and for the time involved we consider it actually quite reasonable. In the end, dynos are just a relative measuring tools and most useful in actual load cell tuning, but continually we find then to be very unrepeatable, easy to manipulate and generally a poor way for us to present performance gains when other factors are at play. Even corrected we have seen HP swings of more than 50 hp when dynoing our IS-F and we have used 4 different dynos here in CO, all the makes.

Your comments are perfectly warranted I am just trying to give you a little better perspective on what is going on.

@panic, yes absolutely post up here or instagram or FB and we will link it. Or email or text me.

Mike
reklipz likes this.
post #213 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by oomaxse View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but there will be a low-end loss with these long tubes. Whether or not it's significant after a piggy back tune is the question. I'm looking to buy these just for the sound, actually. I think a graph of the WHP increase will convince people.
The whole goal of a stepped primary design is to enhance the full RPM band, not just the higher RPM. I don't think we will be a slouch at the low RPM range at all, but a manual dyno is required to demonstrate that .

post #214 of 219 (permalink) Old 06-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Follower

Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Thanks for taking the time to write that reply Mike. It's much appreciated. I'm still very much interested in this, I just have other obligations at the moment.
post #215 of 219 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Any updates? Also, are these a made to order type basis?
post #216 of 219 (permalink) Old 08-13-2015, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

Made to order at this point. 4 week lead time.
We should get our sedan on the dyno here soon along with the LS400 TB mod as well. Been dealing with a driftcar rebuild for a PROAM driver, not really something we do but decided to help him out.
Mike
post #217 of 219 (permalink) Old 10-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig View Post
Made to order at this point. 4 week lead time.
We should get our sedan on the dyno here soon along with the LS400 TB mod as well. Been dealing with a driftcar rebuild for a PROAM driver, not really something we do but decided to help him out.
Mike
I am so excited to purchase this header and I cannot wait to get my hands on that throttle kit when you have it done!

2003 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue(sold)

2004 IS300 - GGP - 5 Speed Automatic - LSD
ACL - AEM - ARP - Brembo - BC - Eibach - Fidanza - Goodridge - NGK - Magnaflow - Megan - Mishimoto - Injen - PHR - Seibon - Spyder - Titan - Token Solutions - Tokico
post #218 of 219 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

You guys still around? haha
We finally got the plot many of you have been looking for and that we have invested a great deal of effort into. The numbers are good and the car is a blast to drive with just the header and 3" exhaust, though probably far to loud for the street in some areas. 5% solid gains across the entire power band.
This is just the beginning as intake and cam tuning are up next.
http://my.is/forums/attachment.php?a...=86610&thumb=1
http://my.is/forums/attachment.php?a...=86618&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynosummary is sedan h-e 10-27-15rescale composite .jpg
Views:	61
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	86610   Click image for larger version

Name:	dynosummary is sedan h-e 10-27-15 zoom.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	86618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151026_141317.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	86626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151021_164443.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	86634  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151021_111935.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	86642   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151021_141847.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	86650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20151021_104215.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	86658  
post #219 of 219 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Excellent work!

Solid gains!

2002 IS300 auto CW
SRT intake w R-ECU / XLE Throttle Body DBW to DBC kit / Xerd ypipe moded / Tanabe Racer Super Medallion muffler / Swift Springs / Tokico Illumina shocks / wheels: Kosei 17x8 +45 / Custom Ground kit / StopTech SS Brake Lines

Project Completed - Throttle Body DBW to slave DBC conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > FIGS Engineering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page