LS400 calipers install - Page 7 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Possibly a stupid question but what about using a supra ring and machining it down to LS spec?

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by broketuner View Post
Possibly a stupid question but what about using a supra ring and machining it down to LS spec?
The cost of the operation would not justify the market price of the end product. Anything can be done, its just what you are willing to spend on it. That is why 5 sets tends to be the threshold for setting up the machining.
post #93 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Garage
Isn't the LS400 ring size like 316mmx28mm or so
Ething like that? Here is a link to Racing Brakes forum talking about the possibilities of a 2 piece rotor for the 1995-2000 LS400 brakes.
http://forums.racingbrake.com/showthread.php?t=238

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$

post #94 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

I will check back into it and see if we can get first articles quickly.
post #95 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Hey guys, the issue is the IS300 pad wiping area, its too big for the E36 ring. How many people would be seriously interested?
post #96 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Extremist

Garage
Last time I talked to a rep at RB they needed an Enginering fee upfront and a minimum of 15 orders to be placed. So depending on price I'm interested in this. Also what's the long term on this, like down the road if I need new rotor rings are they still going to be able to produce replacements a year or more in the future?

And are they able to use the hat off of the Supra TT rotors and make a rotor ring to fit it?

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #97 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_is300 View Post
Last time I talked to a rep at RB they needed an Enginering fee upfront and a minimum of 15 orders to be placed. So depending on price I'm interested in this. Also what's the long term on this, like down the road if I need new rotor rings are they still going to be able to produce replacements a year or more in the future?

And are they able to use the hat off of the Supra TT rotors and make a rotor ring to fit it?
We need to see 20 parts or 10 sets but even then it will be tough to justify the R and D. The hat would be the IS300 hat which we already have. The rings and pads are the issue so far.
post #98 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Extremist

Garage
I really want this to happen but I just don't think there are enough people wanting this. I wish RB would make a few sets and sell them off just to test the waters before going full production or mass production.

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #99 of 107 (permalink) Old 08-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Enthusiast

I'd be interested in a set pending price and weight difference, If I ordered the front pair f rotors I'd very likely get an extra pair or 2 of rings

'01 ASP 17x8 ssr comps 225/45 all around, LS400 bbk, FX-R 3.0 projector retrofit in JDM headlights, Modellista front, c-speed sides/rear, Rigid Bars, Hotchkis sways(stiff), Konis & eibach prokit, PLP intake tube & K&N filter, JIC Ti axleback w/ custom midpipe...more to come ;)
post #100 of 107 (permalink) Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good info
post #101 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Extremist

Garage
Up top!! Does Racing Brake have a two piece rotor now available for the 95-00 LS400? I see that they list them on their web page and that you also have them on the FigEngineering web page. Am I seeing a miss print or is this the real deal?

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #102 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

Omg please let it be real, been looking at stoptech slotted rotors and carbotechs as a stage 2 upgrade to my current setup.....the ebc pads suck and slotted rotors would be a nice cosmetic upgrade....2 pc. Rotors would be cosmetic and functional.

post #103 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Extremist

Garage
Yeah ebc pads were not a good idea. I'm swapping them out for an oem pad set tomorrow. Also the price of the two piece rotors on racing brakes website are higher then the ones you have listed on your web page.

___Go Fast or F*** It___

Im your local smarta$$
post #104 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast

the ones on figs site that I found at least were not 95-00 LS but the earlier stock size which is identical to the stock IS300....RB does offer the correct 95-00 rotors now via their website though

post #105 of 107 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonard_is300 View Post
Up top!! Does Racing Brake have a two piece rotor now available for the 95-00 LS400? I see that they list them on their web page and that you also have them on the FigEngineering web page. Am I seeing a miss print or is this the real deal?
Its a feeler, note the leadtime. We tried to get a good number of interested people and came up with 3. Its not worth it to tool up.
We have to focus on the ground up kits using the RB calipers because we can get the correct contact between the pad and ring and not have to worry about non conforming pads. The 2P ring on the rotor is doable, its just a custom ring and custom hat. A lot of money for 3 people intersted. FWIW you will get much better performance out of the RB calipers. On our Sportcross they are ridiculous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > FIGS Engineering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page