LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Front suspension refresh kit for common OE replacement parts

Hi guys, we decided based on requests we would offer a few common parts in the front suspension as a package. These are the best aftermarket companies we found in terms of materials and warranty. We will add more products as we get our new ball joints in.
IS300 Front Refresh Kit

Quote:
We are now pleased to offer a full front refresh kit for the IS300. Whether you're looking to give your daily driver some TLC, purchasing an older IS300 and wanting to start off on the right foot, or just want to get rid of tire wear and loose steering, this is the perfect kit for you. We have done all of the dirty work in finding the best OEM replacement parts on the market for you. Proforged has a 1,000,000 mile warranty that they stick to on all of their parts.

Kit Includes
Proforged inner tie rod ends
Mevotech outer tie rod ends
Proforged lower ball joints
Mevotech lower control arms (OPTION)
Product Details

Tie Rod Ends
Metal design of internal components - Internal metal designs are widely used in the manufacture of Mevotech X Factor tie rod ends. These designs incorporate highly durable upper and lower metal bearings that surround the tie rod end stud and ball, and they include grease fittings to allow for grease and lubrication to be injected into the central area to prolong the life of the tie rod end.
Greaseable - Greaseable tie rod ends enable the joint to be serviced, to flush out old grease and contaminants by injecting new grease during inspection and maintenance routines.
Black oxide coating - The black oxide coating provides high resistance to variable corrosion factors such as road debris and adverse road and weather conditions, ensuring prolonged life of the tie rod end.

Ball Joints
SAE 1045 Forged Steeling Housings
Ball Studs Forged From ultra-strong SAE4140 Chromoly Steel
Ring-Retained, Accordion-style boot
CNC-Milled Fit Surfaces

Control Arms
Hardware included
OE Material Construction
Fully assembled with premium ball joints and bushings
Greasable fittings

If you're also looking for bushings, refer to our master bushing kit (found here). You will find all of the IS300 bushings you need at a discount for buying them in a kit, compared to buying each one individually.

We are unable to sell each of these parts individually. They can only be sold as one kit. Thank you for undertanding.

PANIC!!! and reklipz like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Follower

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)

Ah Mike, you're a few weeks too late for me on this one!! I just finished scouring the 'net for these same components; this would have been a time saver for sure.

Can you comment as to your choice of Proforged over Moog? Your description notes that these parts are greasable, but upon close inspection the photos show no grease fittings in sight; just a small hunk of metal where the zerk would go on the ball joint.

As well, which parts have what finishes? The ball joint clearly has a black oxide finish, but the outer tie rod end and lower control arm look painted, and the inner rod end looks anodized or otherwise.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

We need to alter the description a bit.
Outers are not grease able in the sense that they have a fitting. Also the PROForged outers are what we will provide initially as we have them in stock. The MEVOTECH outers we do not have in person so I cannot comment on the finish. The PROForged parts were selected because they use chromoly on their inners and we will be using them in the midangle kit we will release soon.

The ball joint and tie rods seem to have a black ecoat like a factory arm.

I like both manufacturers as they aim to make bulletproof improved products with good warranties.
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by reklipz View Post
Ah Mike, you're a few weeks too late for me on this one!! I just finished scouring the 'net for these same components; this would have been a time saver for sure.

Can you comment as to your choice of Proforged over Moog? Your description notes that these parts are greasable, but upon close inspection the photos show no grease fittings in sight; just a small hunk of metal where the zerk would go on the ball joint.

As well, which parts have what finishes? The ball joint clearly has a black oxide finish, but the outer tie rod end and lower control arm look painted, and the inner rod end looks anodized or otherwise.
reklipz likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2015, 07:14 AM

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hey mike,

Is there any way to just purchase this for the passenger side? I had a feeling it would throw off the counts for the complete set but I thought I might as well ask .

Thank you!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-29-2015, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Fig
THE MAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco437 View Post
Hey mike,

Is there any way to just purchase this for the passenger side? I had a feeling it would throw off the counts for the complete set but I thought I might as well ask .

Thank you!
unfortunately we are only selling as pairs due to the low margins on these parts and shipping. Thanks for unterstanding.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > FIGS Engineering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page