User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

FIGS rear toe arms worn out already?

I installed a set of FIGS rear toe arms in the spring of 2013... They have about 5 drift events on them, 10k-15k miles on the street. I noticed my car starting to get a lot of bump steer in the rear... jacked it up and was surprised to find the play in the FIGS arms around the heim joint...

is this a normal lifespan for these? Honestly I'm pretty dissapointed they didn't even last two years on a weekend car.

video uploading now... ill post in a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGGW...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by supraghost; 12-23-2014 at 06:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Guru

Quoted: 152 Post(s)

Garage
I heard that the lifespan of the economy rod ends isn't very long. I have ~22K mi on my Motos, and I don't have any problems with them.

My thread of picture whor@ge: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 09:02 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)

Figs has 3 different options

Moto, heavy duty
Base, light duty
Precision 3-P, track duty

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Fiend

I did buy the base..... So this is a normal lifespan for the base rod ends? that sucks....
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 02:19 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)

thats good to know
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-26-2014, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Fiend

mike,

what do your replacement rod ends cost?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

we have several levels of rod end and try to explain each. The ECON is really only designed as a price point rod end to compete with the lower cost options out there but still provide a teflon lined interface.
The MOTO ends range from $25 to $55 shipped with the taper stud end installed. The taper studs are installed with retaining compound and thread locker. They can be reused but you would have to send them in for us to reassemble. Let me know.
Sorry I missed this thread previously. Always copy with a pm to help me find it.
Mike
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

So my experience is typical and can be expected for other customers? Honestly I wish I would have known they were not going to last... I would have spent $40 more or gone with the megans (which are holding up fine on my other IS).

How long can I expect the motos to last?

I am a little confused the difference between the $25 option and the $55.... is the $25 the end shown in the video and the $55 the taper stud on the opposite end of the arm? So $160 to rebuild both of these (passenger and driver side)?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Fig
THE MAKER

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraghost View Post
So my experience is typical and can be expected for other customers? Honestly I wish I would have known they were not going to last... I would have spent $40 more or gone with the megans (which are holding up fine on my other IS).

How long can I expect the motos to last?

I am a little confused the difference between the $25 option and the $55.... is the $25 the end shown in the video and the $55 the taper stud on the opposite end of the arm? So $160 to rebuild both of these (passenger and driver side)?

If its the inner rod end it the $25, if its the outer then its the $55.
The life of rod ends and bearings is all based on usage and abuse. One severe lateral shock if enough to fatigue the race, will relax the tolerance. MOTO rod ends have a 14,000lbs static load rating vs the 9,800 of the ECON. but this does not tell the story of what loads are seen in transient shock. The econ has a swaged race design, the MOTO is 1-P forged to better support the ball, intended for dirt circle track racing. So the bottom line is that these are the consumable part of the link and need occasional inspection. We have long term testing on the MOTO's near 50k miles on our ISF with no issues or relaxation.

oh and if shipping all together the shipped rate would go down. So $150 would cover a full refurb.
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Supporting Vendors > FIGS Engineering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page