User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wolfgang fuzion wax?

Looking to see if anyone has tried Wolfgang Fuzion wax. I'm looking to put apply a quality wax on my car but based upon research almost every wax "promised" the best shine and protection, and range in price from 10$-300$ with wolfgand being around 200 plus shipping.

Worth it?

2001 Lexus is300- Auburn Sky Pearl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Depends what you're looking for and what color car you'll be applying it to. Personally I've been using Collinite 845 on all my vehicles and my company vehicles and it provides months of protection, beads like no other wax I've seen lately, and brings out the depth and richness of any colors. I've used other types of protection, like sealants for darker color cars mainly, but personally you can't go wrong with 845.

01 IS300 - MSM - 185k mile high club

Currently in: snow mode

BRZ Differential w/ 4.1 -- K&N FIPK Intake -- CXRacing Coilovers -- IS350 Wheels -- Greddy Lip [RIP :(]

Hotchkis Sways -- Megan Racing Y-Pipe -- Spec-d Catback (for now)

"Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

$200 for a wax? lol forget about it. If you're looking at that kind of coins, you might as well look into getting a 1 or 2 stage paint correction, and then using some $50 wax.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast

Don't fall into the 'wax trap'. Yes, you should put a quality wax on your car. But there isn't one 'magical' wax that will make your car shine harder than another.

I would say just narrow it down on what you want. Synthetic or Carnauba? Are you going to do some paint correction, polish, 2 stage?

Once you decide on what you want you can narrow it down to price and brand.

I don't know what makes Wolfgang Fuzion so expensive. But it is definitely not the most expensive... check this out: Yahoo!

lol.

Unless you have a classic car with a custom, 10 layer paint job, any mainstream wax will do.

Personally, I have used both Meguiar's and Pinnacle. Both with good results. I had a GGP IS300 which I used Pinnacle on. I stayed away from Synthetic waxes since I preferred 'deep' gloss vs. intense shine. Now I have a black GS430 and I still use Pinnacle wax with a Meguiar's polish.

It has been said to use synthetic for light cars (for the shine) and carnauba for darker cars (for the deep, 'wet look').

For $200? I would go to a custom shop and let them wax the car for me. Or, take that $200, and get a good clay bar and lubricant, Stage 1 paint correction polish with orange cutting pad, Stage 2 Polishing Glaze and Swirl remover with polishing pad, Stage 3 Finishing Polish with Polish pad and finally, a good Carnauba Wax (Liquid or solid) with finesse finishing pad. And go to work.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Deity

I agree with what you've said for the most part. I have a feeling $200 wax is probably just a lot of hype and is intended to rip people who know nothing about wax or paint correction. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a carnauba wax unless you have time to wax the car every two weeks as they burn off pretty quick. I've heard carnauba can give a finish more warmth (ie slightly yellow colouring), but personally I prefer a long lasting wax that will last 4+ months like some of Collinite's offering's mentioned.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock0720 View Post
Depends what you're looking for and what color car you'll be applying it to. Personally I've been using Collinite 845 on all my vehicles and my company vehicles and it provides months of protection, beads like no other wax I've seen lately, and brings out the depth and richness of any colors. I've used other types of protection, like sealants for darker color cars mainly, but personally you can't go wrong with 845.
Thank you for the replies. My car is an Auburn Sky Pearl. My roommate works as a detailer for honda. He did a full buff and claybar on the car. I agree 200$ wax sounds pretty expensive. I'll look up the 845 and give it a try, depending on where you buy it? Thanks

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadaIS View Post
He did a full buff and claybar on the car.
What is a "full buff"? Did he use a compound with enough abrasion to remove swirls? Or did he use a buffer to put on wax (which does NOT remove swirls as waxes have VERY little cut). It's pretty much a day of work to remove swirls. Claybar will only remove contaminants and won't remove swirls. The purpose of most wax are to hide swirls and scratches with fillers, but it's only a temporary bandaid solution. Paint correction is a more permanent solution providing you don't introduce much new swirls.

Regarding Collinite, 476 last 9-10 months while 845 only last 4-6 months. If you're going to go that route, use it as a last surface protector. You can use another wax under the Collinite. Personally, I use Menzerna Powerlock as Collinite confirmed you can top Powerlock with Collinite.

http://www.collinite.com/assets/Uplo...ectorGuide.pdf

My pix whoring thread

Last edited by Johnnysks; 09-04-2013 at 12:19 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysks View Post
I agree with what you've said for the most part. I have a feeling $200 wax is probably just a lot of hype and is intended to rip people who know nothing about wax or paint correction. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a carnauba wax unless you have time to wax the car every two weeks as they burn off pretty quick. I've heard carnauba can give a finish more warmth (ie slightly yellow colouring), but personally I prefer a long lasting wax that will last 4+ months like some of Collinite's offering's mentioned.
Yes, Carnauba burns off quick, especially in warm climates. However, there is just that 'depth' and 'wet' look that carnauba provides on dark cars. And the fun is in the waxing. The pinnacle I used goes on almost invisible with pretty much no residue. So it buffs clean. I wash my car at least once a week, so applying a wax once every two months or so is no issue for me....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysks View Post
What is a "full buff"? Did he use a compound with enough abrasion to remove swirls? Or did he use a buffer to put on wax (which does NOT remove swirls as waxes have VERY little cut). It's pretty much a day of work to remove swirls. Claybar will only remove contaminants and won't remove swirls. The purpose of most wax are to hide swirls and scratches with fillers, but it's only a temporary bandaid solution. Paint correction is a more permanent solution providing you don't introduce much new swirls.

Regarding Collinite, 476 last 9-10 months while 845 only last 4-6 months. If you're going to go that route, use it as a last surface protector. You can use another wax under the Collinite. Personally, I use Menzerna Powerlock as Collinite confirmed you can top Powerlock with Collinite.

http://www.collinite.com/assets/Uplo...ectorGuide.pdf
I mean the full 3 stages. He is the buffer for the honda dealerships in my area. Paid 250$ cash and it took roughly 6-7 hours. Looks awesome, will post pictures soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page