interior cleaner - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

interior cleaner

I can't find a good interior cleaner!! I'm looking for one the leaves a semi-gloss finish on the dash. My friend had one that left a semi-gloss finish but it was in a no-name bottle he bought from the car dealer but they don't sell it no more. What do you guy use to clean your dash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Fiend

Garage
try the meguiars, they have a glossy one and a semi gloss one.. its a paste gel type and u jus put it on the sponge applicator and just use on dash
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Frequenter

i would find a light all purpose cleaner for the dash (diluted if needed). most of the time i just wipe mine with a clean microfiber/damn microfiber than the best product period to protect and shine the dash is 303 aerospace protectant. it leaves my dash looking good for at least 4 weeks. it has many uses from the dash to all plastic to even a dressing for the tires. i am in the process of doing research to find out if it can safely be used on the "leather" portion of the seats.

'01 SY W/ PEARL

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanx01 View Post
i would find a light all purpose cleaner for the dash (diluted if needed). most of the time i just wipe mine with a clean microfiber/damn microfiber than the best product period to protect and shine the dash is 303 aerospace protectant. it leaves my dash looking good for at least 4 weeks. it has many uses from the dash to all plastic to even a dressing for the tires. i am in the process of doing research to find out if it can safely be used on the "leather" portion of the seats.
Yes, you can safely use it on leather. I've been using it for years on all my cars. If I remember correctly, their website says that it is safe for leather.

13 BMW 328i
08 Honda S2000 12K
05 Lexus GX470 103K
04 Lexus is300 44K
89 Mercedes 300SE 101K
72 Mercedes 250C 69K
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 AM

Chemical guys makes great products for the dash application and leather/suede application as well. I will get the link for you here in a bit. Stay away from any oil based product due to drying your interior out and stress cracking it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 AM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

Awesome stuff, I use it on my IS and all the cars I detail. Be sure to use an all-purpose cleaner (let it dry, too) before you wipe this stuff on - that way 303 has a clean surface to soak into and will last that much longer.

EDIT- didn't realize lilmanx01 posted a similar post... oops

01 IS300 - MSM - 185k mile high club

Currently in: snow mode

BRZ Differential w/ 4.1 -- K&N FIPK Intake -- CXRacing Coilovers -- IS350 Wheels -- Greddy Lip [RIP :(]

Hotchkis Sways -- Megan Racing Y-Pipe -- Spec-d Catback (for now)

"Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car"
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You can always use Woolite (the laundry detergent) diluted 10:1 as an interior cleaner. It is very gentle on your interior and has worked well for me.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 04:01 PM

I use dish detergent for cleaning enterior.

Check https://propaperwritings.com/
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

work horse. Ever wonder how dealerships get used cars that look like dumpsters, to look like brand new cars again. workhouse aerosol cleaner.
https://adsco.com/products/tec-99410...urpose-cleaner

spary this stuff on leather or any surface let it sit for 30 seconds and wipe away with a clean rag. Don't let it sit for longer, and don't let it sit on plastic. ima mechanic. this stuff return my white seats back to white after having auto grease on them. it leaves the car with a new car smell. trust me it is majic, and how professional big time dealerships make their used cars really nice again.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Guru

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

i prefer anglos clean my car but any race will do as long as they are wearing a trash bag.

~i live my life 4000 miles at a time. on big jets. looking down on you all.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church401 View Post
work horse. Ever wonder how dealerships get used cars that look like dumpsters, to look like brand new cars again. workhouse aerosol cleaner.
https://adsco.com/products/tec-99410...urpose-cleaner

spary this stuff on leather or any surface let it sit for 30 seconds and wipe away with a clean rag. Don't let it sit for longer, and don't let it sit on plastic. ima mechanic. this stuff return my white seats back to white after having auto grease on them. it leaves the car with a new car smell. trust me it is majic, and how professional big time dealerships make their used cars really nice again.

I'm going to try this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 04:04 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock0720 View Post
http://www.autogeek.net/303aerprot.html

Awesome stuff, I use it on my IS and all the cars I detail. Be sure to use an all-purpose cleaner (let it dry, too) before you wipe this stuff on - that way 303 has a clean surface to soak into and will last that much longer.

EDIT- didn't realize lilmanx01 posted a similar post... oops

So this is mainly for the dash? The plastic on the dash? Any pictures before and after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page