How to get rid of tiny brown dots on car - Page 2 - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lurker

02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member02ep3si is an elite community member
you can use gasoline... Then wash and wax the car when your done.. The gasoline will remove all surface contaminents.
02ep3si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lurker

JeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community memberJeeCee is an elite community member
to remove the brownish spot from the paint i would use a Tar remover... just spray on the car, left to dwell for 2-3 minutes, wash and rinse
Old 12-18-2008, 07:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
Guru

Beachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community memberBeachtyme is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalsportx View Post
I have those yellow/brown spots on my car too, everyone in my neighborhood does, they're from the trees in my 'hood and i worry they're gonna eat my paint... can anyone recommend a good protective wax/ polish? Something that will act as a barrier? i used wax on the GTI, and they ate right through it and made the paint all dull and chalky.
I get those as well in Beachland from the Oak tree pollen, sap and other shit.

My solution? Park the cars in my garage. Works flawlessly!
Beachtyme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Furious

my.IS Supporter
lexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community memberlexuriuz is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysks View Post
Dood. Think about it. I'm telling you that it works. Even if I am wrong, what's the worst scenario? You waxed your car? There is nothing to lose. The wax is like $9.99 at walmart. Go to Costco, spend $15 and buy 20 pcs of microfiber and be done with it. This will take care of 90% of those tiny black/brown dots, or at least it did for me. The remaining 10%, yeah, claybar. The only thing is maybe it is easier for me as all of my black/brown dots are not old, as I always clean them before they get really old (ie a few quarter). Also, even if you Claybar, you'll still need the wax and microfiber afterwards, so it is not like you're wasting your money or limiting your option by waxing first. Stop looking for an definitive answer on the internet from a bunch of amatuers. Go out and try something for yourself.
damn, Johnny...

'03 IS300 Crystal White on Black Premium Package
Eibach | Tokico | Work | Sumitomo | Stock Fogs! | Pioneer | 35% | Centric

I am not "Bro", "Dude" or "Man" :P:P

lexuriuz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
Fiend

Dneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community memberDneprostroi is an elite community member
Tree sap will eat through the clear coat and eventually damage the color coats sometimes right down to the primer if it's baked in long enough. Same for bird droppings, really. Your only option here is to claybar the car and try and apply some Scratch X to the affected areas, then give it a good coat of wax (I prefer Meguiars' NXT TechWax, the liquid version). If that doesn't work, you might have to do a compound but I'd reccommend having that done by a professional if you've never done it before, as you CAN cause more harm than good if you don't do it correctly.

Pouring gasoline onto your car definitely isn't a solution, though...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #21 (permalink)

audio28 is an unknown at this point
I would try to clay that area that is contaminated with the brown spots. If that does not work, try a rubbing compound with a Porter Cable.
audio28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Frequenter

good4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community membergood4nthin154 is an elite community member
Quote:
I have those yellow/brown spots on my car too, everyone in my neighborhood does, they're from the trees in my 'hood and i worry they're gonna eat my paint... can anyone recommend a good protective wax/ polish? Something that will act as a barrier? i used wax on the GTI, and they ate right through it and made the paint all dull and chalky.
I have been detailing for 4-5 years now and I personally come across lots of cars with those little marks. I simply begin by using dish washing soap, BECAUSE in this situation you are trying to get all of the contaminants off the car, clay bar the car quickly, use a very light finishing polish or even "scratch and swirl remover" as these are very mild abrasives, meaning they will take off a very fine layer of the contaminated paint. After that, throw on a layer of Meguier's Cleaner-Wax, which does wonders, don't skip this step!, then wash once more, and then add a sealant of some sore, I prefer TechWax. Hope this helps!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Deity

Johnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community memberJohnnysks is an elite community member
Rubbing compound and a porter sounds like a good way to scratch up your car.
03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
Johnnysks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #24 (permalink)

rizon25 is an unknown at this point
+1 on the clay bar method. I was able to get rid of those little orange dots with the clay bar.
rizon25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lurker

Afrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community memberAfrosteviac is an elite community member
Here's a sure-fire method to get rid of any specks of black or brown goo that seem to infuse themselves into your paint!
First, take an Exacto(TM) knife and carefully pick all the bits out. When they are gone you will end up with very tiny pock marks like that of Ray Liotta's face. Take some form of putty, (some say bondo, I use drywall prep because it's cheaper) and fill in the holes, being liberal with the putty. This is also a chance to give your car those pimpin lines that normally a body kit would only provide! Remember, more putty=more custom! Once you are happy with your rough-up, take sandpaper and start with the lower numbers, then move to the higher numbers. Some say go to 2000 grit, but I usually get tired at about 120 and move on to the next step.
Wipe the car down with IsoPropyl Alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Once this is done, you can be sure that the car is clear of dust and debris. Then buy a can of spray paint that matches your car (I like to skip this step to save $$$) and a can of Clearcoat. A couple of layers and you're done!
Worked great on my buddy's Silvia!!!

J/K Use a clay bar and wax!
05 Manual GGP, "D" Package, SRT Intake, Iridium plugs, Konig Prophets wrapped in NT555's, B&G Lowering Springs, SS Brake Lines, DOT4 flush, Performance Pads & Rotors, Grom iPhone Adapter, Altezza Chrome Grille, Clear sides, Blue LED interior, RFID Keyless Ignition, Push Button/Remote start/alarm. Next up; FI?

Last edited by Afrosteviac; 08-09-2010 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Pic
Afrosteviac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Under House Arrest

bsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community memberbsand is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcharms View Post
Actually that was a pretty good article! I used to detail cars for over 6 years...and clay bar-ing a car SUCKS! That's the worst thing I can think about doing...it takes FOREVER (if you do it right) and it's VERY tedious! I'm actually clay bar-ing my Crystal White IS right now...and it just reminded me how much I HATTTTTE it!
if you think the IS takes you a long time

i used to clay bar my 80' monte(if i remember correctly 16' car) every 3-4 months that woudl take me a good 6 hrs BEFORE i waxed but so worth it to have the paint just glassy w/ all the pearls
bsand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Frequenter

Saint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community memberSaint242 is an elite community member
Quote:
They have things for this, they work great.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
Lurker

apexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community memberapexd is an elite community member
i used to run a detail shop and i have a white is300, clay bar all the way. i do my white car every spring followed with a polish and a wax, works every time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)