User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Altruist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Question Berry fruit stains

The below photo is of my mom's white Audi Q5 that she left parked under a berry tree for couple of days. The hood and some side panels got totally bombed by berries resulting in what I believe to be a berry fruit acid staining the paint. These stains are honestly almost impossible to remove. The photo that I have shown is actual photo after I soaked and washed the car. I tried using clay bar with lots of lubrication and it does not pick up much residue at all, it seems like the stains have actually etched the paint. I also tried Meguiers prewax cleaner, and it's not effective at all. I tried Meguiers Scratch X and that seems to make a tiny improvement, but it would literally take an entire day to clean that hood, plus I'm sure I will introduce some further minor scratches with using this product which I will have to machine polish out. I will most likely will have to seek professional help, which I believe would be via machine polishing with more abrasive pads / compound. I'm just a little bit hesitant about someone burning the paint if they try to put too much in to it. If anyone has any ideas please chime in, also any recommendations on a professional detailer in North / Central New Jersey?

(I will upload the photo later on as I'm unable to do it from work) grrr

2004 TCM SD E-shift
2012 RX350AWD (wife's mobile)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 AM
Deity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

A legit pro should have a paint depth gauge so they shouldn't burn the paint.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page