acid rain on windows - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yeah I have tried everything and it wont come off. Its etched on there and I will just have to live with it. Its not that bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Ok I have a update on this topic again. I cleaned the windows then I used a clay bar on them and after that I used griots garage glass polish with a buffer and it still wont get the acid rain off. Now the only thing that did work was I wet sanded a very small area with 1000 grit sand paper and that DID work. It got off all of the acid rain in that tiny little spot I tried it on but the only problem was it left quite a few scratch marks in the glass. So should I try wet sanding again with a higher grit paper or will that leave marks too? Thanks guys.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Higher grid should leave finer and finer marks. At this point, you should look into how to polish glass?

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

I already polished the glass and that didn't work either. I guess once its etched in the glass there is no getting it out? I don't know. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and was able to fix it by trying a different product on the glass then I have used but thanks anyways. Also, I already looked up how to polish the glass before I bought the griots garage glass polish. I followed the directions but it did not work.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

No. I meant look into glass polishing to see how you can use gradually finer sandpaper until you have a nice smooth surface. Good luck.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Oh, Ok thank you.
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Well I'm probably too late but I was going to say that at my old detailing job we would use this acidic like goo and apply that onto the windows with steel wool (while wearing gloves because this stuff was kind of bad for you), let it dry for a minute, then wipe it off normally. You had to do it a few times but it definitely got the acid rain off. If you don't think its too late then I'd look into something like that. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Off Topic > The Car Wash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page