Anybody from APO in Germany here ??? - Page 4 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow! I forgot this thread, but it's great to see what happend the last months.

Sleepy, nice to hear that you are back in Germany. Hope you have enjoyed the IRAQ Maybe we can have a Meet when the sunny days come back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Loyalist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaiko View Post
wow! I forgot this thread, but it's great to see what happend the last months.

Sleepy, nice to hear that you are back in Germany. Hope you have enjoyed the IRAQ Maybe we can have a Meet when the sunny days come back.
If you didn't live all the way in France, you'd have more chances to meet up w/ people.
post #48 of 96 (permalink) Old 01-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Frequenter

haha

if i would earn more money I don't have to spend all my time at work

post #49 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Frequenter

Good to know there are other my.is people out there in Germany. I'll be out there with you this July on orders. I can't wait. Hopefully it'll be a decent change from dull, flat, boring Kansas... Hopefully I can bring my '02 out there if the process isn't too ridiculous.

'03 BO IS300 Authentic L-tuned kit Formerly Yes Officer's ride R.I.P. 4/4/09
'02 BO IS300 Authentic Series II L-tune
|Injen||ACT||Ltune||JIC||Greddy||Fidanza||TRD||StopTech||Kumho||Karl-Sport||Seibon||KW|
post #50 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Loyalist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Shipping your car is really easy. You might have to drive it down to Georgia to ship it though. Shipping it back is the tough part. But only because it gets inspected for dirt. Just take it to a good car wash before and you'll be good.
post #51 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Frequenter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juic View Post
Shipping your car is really easy. You might have to drive it down to Georgia to ship it though. Shipping it back is the tough part. But only because it gets inspected for dirt. Just take it to a good car wash before and you'll be good.
actually you can ship from St. Louis. thats where i sent mine out from.

|05 CWP|K&N|Megan LP series|Hotchkis sways|Altezza 3 bar grill|Megan adjustable A arms|
post #52 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Frequenter

That shouldn't be a problem. I'm picky about keeping the car clean and I know how bad inspectors are about dirt. These inspectors out here while we're getting ready leave can be real jerks if your stuff isn't clean. I'm glad there's people out there that have an IS. Maybe I can actually get around to meeting people for once. Yeah St. Louis is way closer... A guy I used to work with shipped his Camaro through there before he pcs'd to Hawaii. I just hope I don't get in any trouble. The only time I've been in Germany was just long enough for the plane to refuel in Leipzig then be on my way to the sand box. Anyone close to Ansbach?

|Injen||ACT||Ltune||JIC||Greddy||Fidanza||TRD||StopTech||Kumho||Karl-Sport||Seibon||KW|
post #53 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Frequenter

Garage
Ansbach is about 30 min away from where I'm at on the Graf training area. There's another IS guy here on vilseck also. When do you come here?

Sent from my iPhone4 using Autoguide

|05 CWP|K&N|Megan LP series|Hotchkis sways|Altezza 3 bar grill|Megan adjustable A arms|
post #54 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Frequenter

Not soon enough but late July from what I hear. I hope insurance isn't ridiculously expensive there otherwise I might not bring it over.

post #55 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 AM
Frequenter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Ltune View Post
Not soon enough but late July from what I hear. I hope insurance isn't ridiculously expensive there otherwise I might not bring it over.
Insurance isn't bad if you have USAA. make sure everything on your car is in working order, because you have to have it inspected yearly to get plates, and there super picky about it. What do you have done?

•05 CWP•Eibach springs•K&N intake•Hotchkis sway•

post #56 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Frequenter

Usaa's definately the way to go. They've helped me out a lot. Not much done to it yet. Intake, clutch, flywheel, strut bar, exhaust, carbon fiber hood and a B&M shifter. A lot of it's from the old car. The Stoptech brakes aren't back on yet. Biggest thing I need done is the lower control arms. I was hoping Fig would have his done already but I'll probably have to get stock control arms for now. That's the only issue really.

post #57 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Frequenter

I was just thinking how it costs an arm for premium just so I can get to work and back in Kansas. I don't know what octane they have at the pumps but what do you pay for gas over there?

post #58 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Frequenter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Ltune View Post
I was just thinking how it costs an arm for premium just so I can get to work and back in Kansas. I don't know what octane they have at the pumps but what do you pay for gas over there?
For gas we pay the "national average" around 3.30 a gallon. For full coverage insurance on my insurance with no tickets or accidents is around 150 a month. Any other questions? I'd be happy to answer if you have any

✈05 CWP✈Eibach springs✈K&N intake✈Hotchkis sway✈

post #59 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Frequenter

Well that's gonna sting a bit. I wrecked my other IS almost 2 years ago and had and a few minor tickets. I guess I can deal with 3.30 a gallon. I thought it'd be far worse than that. I read somewhere regular there is 93 Octane? Premium around where I'm stationed in Kansas is only 91 and few places have it. My car absolutely hates anything else so it's a pain. Do you use regular over there in your IS? Another thing, is there any shops or dealers within reasonable distance to work on a IS300? After leave and everything else is over I'll only have maybe 2 months to work on the car before I have to report in July so I'll need someplace that can assist with it.

post #60 of 96 (permalink) Old 02-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Frequenter

Garage
There's not much as far as shops go here. Atleast where I'm at... The gas on post is 93, but its watered down.

✈05 CWP✈Eibach springs✈K&N intake✈Hotchkis sway✈

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page