LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juic View Post
Yeah this place has really died down ever since I left.

There seems to be like 4-5 military people in Germany right now on this forum. You guys should plan a meet or something. I DEFINITELY recommend going to the Nurburgring, it is the most amazing piece of asphalt ever laid.

Also, you guys should link up the OG 187(Sebastian) and Psaiko(Marco), they are both great guys. And if you guys need help installing anything they'll help you out, OG 187 even has a car lift! Psaiko has the Toyota hook up too, so if you want some JDM stuff you can most likely order it through the German Toyo dealership(the part numbers are usually the same).
So Juic is 100% right!

If you need any help you can give me or Psaiko a shot. I'm located 20 Minutes south of Ulm and free access to a car lift. Psaiko is stationed close to Karlsruhe so thats very close for all Rammstein guys. He has also access to a car lift and does great car-detailling.

So where, when, who wants to meet up with some German IS drivers?

Lexus IS200
1G-FE supercharged, 2AZ-FE Injectors, MapECU2, Zeitronix ZT2 + DashDAQ, Synnapse BOV
DKNE extracters, custom Y, 200cpsi, HKS CarbonTI, C-ONE underbody & cooling panel
Hotchkiss sways, KW variant 2, O.Z. Ultraleggera 8x18, SupraTT calipers, HAWK pads, RTuned RigidBars
Helix Organics clutch, Jun flywheel, custom shortshifter, ARC Titanium shift knob
daily yellow Sportcross and UZ-IS to Drift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Frequenter

I would meet up, but my IS is currently in the states & I'm probably not going to be shipping it here anytime soon. But it would be cool if there were more people here in Germany. But, if I ever need any help.. I"ll def. give you guys a PM or something. How do you guys like being here in Germany? I've only been here for about two weeks and I'm pretty excited to be here even though I haven't done much venturing out. But, I'm happy to be here regardless.
post #18 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Frequenter

Are the parts cheaper here?

post #19 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 AM
Frequenter

it depends in what you want. Since JDM and EUDM are almost the same you can get JDM parts easily at your local Toyota dealership.
car parts aren't cheap in Germany but then if you dont have to pay import, shipping etc for JDM stuff it could be an option to buy here.
I'm German but ordering a lot of stuff in the US or UK to get the best deal. e.g. Denso plugs from the USA, BC Racing coils from UK, . . .

Don't forget that exchange rates from € to $ changes daily

Lexus IS200
1G-FE supercharged, 2AZ-FE Injectors, MapECU2, Zeitronix ZT2 + DashDAQ, Synnapse BOV
DKNE extracters, custom Y, 200cpsi, HKS CarbonTI, C-ONE underbody & cooling panel
Hotchkiss sways, KW variant 2, O.Z. Ultraleggera 8x18, SupraTT calipers, HAWK pads, RTuned RigidBars
Helix Organics clutch, Jun flywheel, custom shortshifter, ARC Titanium shift knob
post #20 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Frequenter

What's new Sabastian !?

I know you guys haven't forgotten about me... Can't wait to get back to the Shop and install my large pile of parts. My Is will need some loving when I return. You can tell Marco that I'm down for a detail... you know I'll need it after a year

Time frame still looks the same - December -
post #21 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG 187 View Post
it depends in what you want. Since JDM and EUDM are almost the same you can get JDM parts easily at your local Toyota dealership.
car parts aren't cheap in Germany but then if you dont have to pay import, shipping etc for JDM stuff it could be an option to buy here.
I'm German but ordering a lot of stuff in the US or UK to get the best deal. e.g. Denso plugs from the USA, BC Racing coils from UK, . . .

Don't forget that exchange rates from € to $ changes daily
Gotcha.. I'll probably just wait to purchase anything until I get ready to bring my car here. Thats one thing I don't like is the Euro exchange rate. Its killer!
post #22 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Frequenter

Hey guys.. For those that are in Germany. I'm new here and I was curious if you guys knew good places to visit and check out, visit and take pictures, eat, drink etc.. Or places you would recommend checking out. Also a good way of transportation for those that don't have a vehicle.
post #23 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Loyalist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMarc View Post
Hey guys.. For those that are in Germany. I'm new here and I was curious if you guys knew good places to visit and check out, visit and take pictures, eat, drink etc.. Or places you would recommend checking out. Also a good way of transportation for those that don't have a vehicle.
Best places to visit: All over Europe
Drink: The nearest bar
Transportation: The train

Check the Outdoor recreation/MWR in your area, they should have trips to different countries. I suggest going on as many as you can. People spends a shit load of money to travel to Europe, and you could do it for a fraction of the cost. If you have some friends that want to travel, you can either fly or drive yourselves. You can all chip in for a rental and it makes it pretty cheap. The only downside to driving to a different country is that you have to buy the gas on the economy, so it can get expensive. But if there are like 5 people in one vehicle, it's not that bad. Also, buy a GPS unit(I suggest a TomTom)! I would have been sooooooo lost without one(even with one I got lost). If you have a map, and a good co-pilot that will work too, but not as good as an *updated* TomTom. In the summer go to as many beaches as possible and in the winter go to as many snow resorts as possible. I miss the Austrian Alps so much

Germany has the best beer in the world, enjoy it. It's cheaper than buying soda or water. Also, the clubs are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! They don't close until the party stops! I would stay away from what I call "Military Clubs". Those are the clubs usually near the post, that all the soldiers go to. Those clubs are the ones that usually have all the fights(soldiers+alcohol=trouble). Depending on where you are stationed, there should be a bigger city not too far from you that has some awsome clubs w/o many soldiers. The train is a great way to travel all across Germany(even Europe). It's only a couple Euro depending on how far/fast you want to go.

Learn some deutsch! I unfortunately didn't learn much, but it would have helped me a lot if I did. Most Germans speak English to some degree. If you show that you know a little German and are trying to speak it, they will usually help you out and tell you they know English. But if you just walk up talking English(like most soldiers) they will be put off and might pretend to not know what you're saying.
post #24 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juic View Post
Best places to visit: All over Europe
Drink: The nearest bar
Transportation: The train

Check the Outdoor recreation/MWR in your area, they should have trips to different countries. I suggest going on as many as you can. People spends a shit load of money to travel to Europe, and you could do it for a fraction of the cost. If you have some friends that want to travel, you can either fly or drive yourselves. You can all chip in for a rental and it makes it pretty cheap. The only downside to driving to a different country is that you have to buy the gas on the economy, so it can get expensive. But if there are like 5 people in one vehicle, it's not that bad. Also, buy a GPS unit(I suggest a TomTom)! I would have been sooooooo lost without one(even with one I got lost). If you have a map, and a good co-pilot that will work too, but not as good as an *updated* TomTom. In the summer go to as many beaches as possible and in the winter go to as many snow resorts as possible. I miss the Austrian Alps so much

Germany has the best beer in the world, enjoy it. It's cheaper than buying soda or water. Also, the clubs are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! They don't close until the party stops! I would stay away from what I call "Military Clubs". Those are the clubs usually near the post, that all the soldiers go to. Those clubs are the ones that usually have all the fights(soldiers+alcohol=trouble). Depending on where you are stationed, there should be a bigger city not too far from you that has some awsome clubs w/o many soldiers. The train is a great way to travel all across Germany(even Europe). It's only a couple Euro depending on how far/fast you want to go.

Learn some deutsch! I unfortunately didn't learn much, but it would have helped me a lot if I did. Most Germans speak English to some degree. If you show that you know a little German and are trying to speak it, they will usually help you out and tell you they know English. But if you just walk up talking English(like most soldiers) they will be put off and might pretend to not know what you're saying.
Thanks! I'll take it all in and use it to my advantage esp. the GPS. I just got into FTAC and went to several places that setup tours and visit several places around Germany. I know, I wanna do as much as traveling as I can. I'm only going to be here for two years, but I wanna make the best of it, because who knows when I'm going to be able to be in Europe again. Thanks for the information! I'll certainly take your advise and go out as much as I can.
post #25 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Frequenter

Install Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMarc View Post
Gotcha.. I'll probably just wait to purchase anything until I get ready to bring my car here. Thats one thing I don't like is the Euro exchange rate. Its killer!
Enjoy Germany and the surrounding countries . . . If you are a snow skier or boarder you will be in heaven. . . The best food I’ve ever had has been in Germany… and Sabastian can fill you in on the Beer… His home town makes the best.

Hope the exchange rate does not crush all your hopes and dreams for Tuning … There are some nice Garages on and off Post. Just ask around and you will find something. As far as parts go, you can have just about anything shipped to your APO address as long as its under 70lbs. I was able to ship my HKS coilovers, break kit and swaybars. Lots of businesses ship APO/AE ( I Love eBay )
post #26 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 01:30 AM
Frequenter

Yes I can provide you with some beer on your way to the alpes, cuz if you want to go there you pass my house!

For all guys searching someone to tune up their 2JZ I found someone on Koblenz (not so far away from Wiesbaden airbase) who builts, rebuilts, maps Toyota engines. Most of the time turboed 2JZs with VVTi. He's doing about 40 to 50 engines a year, and is running 2bar on his 2JZ GTE with stock internals. Contact me I you need more information.

Yes and please guys listen to JUIC's advise: lernt deutsch!

Lexus IS200
post #27 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Frequenter

Innovative

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG 187 View Post
Yes I can provide you with some beer on your way to the alpes, cuz if you want to go there you pass my house!

For all guys searching someone to tune up their 2JZ I found someone on Koblenz (not so far away from Wiesbaden airbase) who builts, rebuilts, maps Toyota engines. Most of the time turboed 2JZs with VVTi. He's doing about 40 to 50 engines a year, and is running 2bar on his 2JZ GTE with stock internals. Contact me I you need more information.

Yes and please guys listen to JUIC's advise: lernt deutsch!
That's some good advice . . . and excelent news for me ! ! !

!
Lets Go Turbo
!

_ XSPower looks like a good start _
post #28 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Frequenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyIS View Post
That's some good advice . . . and excelent news for me ! ! !

!
Lets Go Turbo
!
I will get my MapECU2 and CamCon installed and dialed in there so I can check his work.
Would be awesome to have something to eat at the base on my way home
So when you'll be back

Lexus IS200
post #29 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:44 AM
Frequenter

Install Guide

Ignition timeing mod & Air/Fuel controler . . .

I am lost when it comes to this stuff. . didn’t know that you were boosting enough to need this equipment. You will have to fill me in on Piggyback vs. Stand alone, Mapping, Air Fuel control, Boost controllers, engine management systems, turbo timer, rev speed limiter, and then the Brands and models like E-manage / E-manage Ultimate / HKS Camp 2 / AEM FIC / APEX NEO. The list goes on an on…

I'll try and shoot you out an email with more info... don't wait on me. Go and see the work they do and tell me If I should let them install a kit on the SleepyIs.
post #30 of 96 (permalink) Old 09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Frequenter

It's only 8psi but I like it!
boost and high compression rates forces me to get everything dialed in correctly.

When you return you can watch and play with my Zeitronix DashDAQ thingy in the motorized monitor and feel and listen my funny IS200 with Eaton M64 blower.

Your problems with boosting will get solved when you return. I will charge a possibility to get sth at TacoBell cuz they're only on US bases here in Germany.
Or we will try that ISmeet @ 'Hooters'

Lexus IS200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Regional Forums / All Together Now > International

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page