JL audio 12W7 prowedge/Kicker zx1000.1 Install - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Mobiletronics
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2007, 06:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

j-niz is an unknown at this point
Games JL audio 12W7 prowedge/Kicker zx1000.1 Install

I just purchased a JL 12W7 Prowedge with a Kicker zx1000.1 amp with a Tsunami 2 farad cap, and I was wondering if I would need to do any upgrades to the car. Anyone else with this set-up or similar?

Car: 07 is250 awd w/ navi.

Thanks,
J
j-niz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

BADIS300 is an unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by j-niz View Post
I just purchased a JL 12W7 Prowedge with a Kicker zx1000.1 amp with a Tsunami 2 farad cap, and I was wondering if I would need to do any upgrades to the car. Anyone else with this set-up or similar?

Thanks,
J
I`m thinking of doing a system upgrade to my is 250 how hard was it for them to tie in the subs to your factory system. I have The MarkLevenson system
BADIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

I haven't installed it yet because I just want to make sure I have everything I need so everything will be done all at once. As far as the wiring the subs to factory system I know will be simple. It will just require the HI/LOW for the RCA's and Feed line.

So far I have:
-4 gauge JL wiring kit w/ RCA wires
-Kicker ZX1000.1 Class D monoblock 1000watts rms amp
-JL Audio Prowedge 12w7
-2 farad Cap

Would I need to upgrade the Big Three? High output alt? Deep cycle battery?

All comments are welcome!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

BADIS300 is an unknown at this point
no you will not have to and if i was you i would go batcap or a gell cell bat and that would take care of any prob you may have. capacitors are good but they only supply a quick jollt of juice go to batcap website and look for your self i had one on my old system big deferance. or just a opt bat.
IS250 Fujita Intake,HKS Exhaust, d4s 8000k bulbs and 3000k yellow hid`s for the fog lights. 2JLW3 USE THE RE-Q TO ADD SUBS AND AMPS 20inch staggered 8.5 in front 10.5 rear. Miss My old IS300 but love the new one.
BADIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lurker

bret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community member
You must listen to rap. Why would you need to ruin a mark levinson system by adding bass ? One day when you get to be my age and cant hear well you can thank that bass ! been there done that...huh did you say something ?
bret_bartley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-21-2007, 06:01 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ok old man... I don't have the ML package and I bought the JL 12W7 Prowedge for SQ. Also, just because I like bass doesn't mean "I must listen to rap". Go back to your car and listen to your country music with no bass and all treble, hater. =)

edit: Just noticed BADIS300 said he has ML system. But still, even the ML system wouldn't have enough bass for me.

Last edited by j-niz; 11-21-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lurker

bret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community memberbret_bartley is an elite community member
not that old (yet), hate country music,earn enuff dollars to afford a IS 350 with the Mark Levinson system as ONE of my vehicles,do like bass still,some rap,kids all have cars paid for by me each with systems in them again paid for by me,so come to think about it ,by all 3 systems I have paid for for my kids cars I have 5 JL 1000x1 amps,numerous rockford multi-channel amps,upteen dozen mids and tweets,15's ,12's,8's,caps,and wiring,blah,blah,blah enuff to pay for that IS you are driving so give me a break already
bret_bartley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Altruist

2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
VP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community member
return the cap and buy an Optima Yellow top. Believe me.
VP500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-29-2007, 07:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Anyone else try the BatCap? I haven't heard much about it.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Altruist

VP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community memberVP500 is an elite community member
Quote:
Anyone else try the BatCap? I haven't heard much about it.
look into kinetik. It's better and cheaper.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bret_bartley View Post
not that old (yet), hate country music,earn enuff dollars to afford a IS 350 with the Mark Levinson system as ONE of my vehicles,do like bass still,some rap,kids all have cars paid for by me each with systems in them again paid for by me,so come to think about it ,by all 3 systems I have paid for for my kids cars I have 5 JL 1000x1 amps,numerous rockford multi-channel amps,upteen dozen mids and tweets,15's ,12's,8's,caps,and wiring,blah,blah,blah enuff to pay for that IS you are driving so give me a break already
please then, act your age. Stop being immature.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

D.Jobin is an unknown at this point
Quote:

Thanks,
J
Lemme know how that sounds. I'm getting ready to a similar install in my IS with a 12 W7 and a JL 1000.1
D.Jobin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-30-2007, 06:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah I can't wait until the sub comes. I ordered it through JL Dealer Accommodations program for 65% off, thank god for friends that works at audio shops

Damn, there are a lot of different responses but I still haven't heard a common suggestion yet.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

zino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community memberzino_sol is an elite community member
install question

How did you do the install of your amp and sub to your stock radio? i just got my IS and want to do the same thing as you by adding base. Your help is greatly appreciated.
zino_sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-13-2011, 07:33 PM   #15 (permalink)

AsianAndy is an unknown at this point
yea was it easy i to want to put bass in my car with HIDs do i just need a battery upgrade or a big 3 upgrade
AsianAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Mobiletronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)