User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

Tire size question

225/40/18 up front. 255/35/18 in the rears. first question is will this fit without any modifications? Second question is will these fit with Tien S-tech lowering springs on OEM shocks without havinf to mod the fenders?
Thank you guys. I'm sure its been answered and I am reading alot myself so I appreciate your patience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 05:29 AM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

What offset and wheels are you trying to install those on? Need more specifics to really help you out.

01 IS300 - MSM - 185k mile high club

Currently in: snow mode

BRZ Differential w/ 4.1 -- K&N FIPK Intake -- CXRacing Coilovers -- IS350 Wheels -- Greddy Lip [RIP :(]

Hotchkis Sways -- Megan Racing Y-Pipe -- Spec-d Catback (for now)

"Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car"
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

Sorry, I'm in the wrong section. This is for a 1st gen. They sre some isx50 wheels 18x8 +45 up front 18x8.5 +50 in the rear.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I didn't even notice! I actually will be running the same wheels on my 1st gen. I'm going to be using 225/40 front and 235/40 rear. This will fit with no modifications. Anything bigger than a 235 in the rear on these wheels might (will) require fender rolling or pulling. 225 fit nicely on a 8" wide wheel and 235 also fit nicely on 8.5" in general. I went with Bridgestone Potenza RE760 tires btw.

01 IS300 - MSM - 185k mile high club

Currently in: snow mode

BRZ Differential w/ 4.1 -- K&N FIPK Intake -- CXRacing Coilovers -- IS350 Wheels -- Greddy Lip [RIP :(]

Hotchkis Sways -- Megan Racing Y-Pipe -- Spec-d Catback (for now)

"Gotta work on the nut behind the wheel before you start fixing bolts on the car"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Fiend

That was my original plan. 225/40 up front and 235/40 in thge rear. But I found a deal I can't pass up on wheels that come with 225/40 and 255/35. I'm pretty sure it will work not lowered but just not sure about with the Tien S-Techs. Thanks for the help man. LMK if u think it will work with the S-techs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page