just got the vossen cv3 looking for a 1.5" drop - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

just got the vossen cv3 looking for a 1.5" drop

What's up guys? I just got 20" vossen cv3s on my 08 is250. The car is rather lifted now lol looks kinda goofy but the wheels look great perfectly flush and staggered, minus the gap in the wheel well. Not having many issues with rubbing yet. On the tape I would like to drop 1.5 inches after its all settled. 2" drop is too much. I'm not into stance, nor performance or superior handling. Its a 250 . . . not wanting a shopping cart ride either lol just want it to sit right on the wheels. Looking for springs that would be best, would be willing to buy some if anyone has any for sale or would love some recommendations on what has worked for others problem free. Ive used the search button and have come to the realization that some my.is veterans probably can break it down faster for me for the application I'm desiring. I also don't want to hear how I should of went with 19s either**Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 08:50 PM

I have BC Coils with fsport sway bars, lowered 1.5 inches (settled) and adjusted the damper - the ride quality is MUCH better than stock in all aspects (comfort, handling).

I personally would not buy springs on OEM shocks... would rather have the flexibility of adjusting the dampers to get the ride quality i want AND be able to revert back to stock suspension if/when i decide to sell the car in the future...

But if you need spring suggestions, I have heard the F-Sport springs provide a very subtle drop, either those or the Tanabe NF210.

If you go from stock > 20's, wouldn't the wheel diameter (w/ tire) be bigger, resulting in the car standing a bit higher than stock? If that's the case, I'd be curious to see how it would look with the settled 1.5 drop! Keep us posted!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by is250vic View Post
I have BC Coils with fsport sway bars, lol 1.5 inches (settled) and adjusted the damper - the ride quality is MUCH better than stock in all aspects (comfort, handling).

I personally would not buy springs on OEM shocks... would rather have the flexibility of adjusting the dampers to get the ride quality i want AND be able to revert back to stock suspension if/when i decide to sell the car in the future...

But if you need spring suggestions, I have heard the F-Sport springs provide a very subtle drop, either those or the Tanabe NF210.

If you go from stock > 20's, wouldn't the wheel diameter (w/ tire) be bigger, resulting in the car standing a bit higher than stock? If that's the case, I'd be curious to see how it would look with the settled 1.5 drop! Keep us posted!
Yeah it sits up about an extra inch now lol doesnt look awful bit just not quite right. I'll look into tanabe and some f sport stuff i appreciate the feedback

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCoSPL View Post
Yeah it sits up about an extra inch now lol doesnt look awful bit just not quite right. I'll look into tanabe and some f sport stuff i appreciate the feedback
Anytime! Again, please post pics when you're done! Would love to see how it turns out :D
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

Have you considered the F-Sport lowering springs? My cousin has them on his IS350 and it looks great. It's a conservative drop and he wasn't rubbing or anything. He had Five Axis wheels on his car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5axis.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	57233  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

I have the h&rs on order. I am a fan of doing the right thing the first time so I am also looking into new shocks/struts as well. Using the search button here and still doing some research before I ask the crowd what they recommend. If you want to chime in on that I would appreciate it too! I will post pics just a pain in the ass I got to get it directed to an internet link I will work on it here shortly. Looks like I need to start a photo bucket but I will keep you all posted.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

this is unlowered with 20s stock suspension. I am rolled onto the curb to reduce some gap
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Keep you all posted. All imgs above are on stock suspension ^^^^
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:12 PM

Man.... those wheels are SO nice!! Once you drop it it'll look really good...

IMO if you're going to buy springs and shocks, I would go with coils; at this point, the difference in cost isn't much at all, and you can adjust your ride height if you feel its not low enough etc etc... that, and you can adjust the dampers to make it feel like stock with your stretched tires....

I only say this because i have spoken to COUNTLESS people who bought parts for a static drop.... and ended up selling them and bought coils... basically ended up costing more in the long run.

Look forward to seeing the final product!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Stop, Drop and Roll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page