User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

F-Sport Shocks and Springs still Stiff/Super Firm

Some Help

Had it for 2 weeks already installed, in my taste its still kinda stiff not the stock ride I had, maybe out of 100% stock feel it was reduced to 75%, I trimmed the front bump stops since shocks are shorter to allow more suspension travel. It improved the ride I bit but still stiff. What can I do before replacing them. Wait a little while to allow the shocks and springs to "Settle" "beak-in" if there is there such a thing?or cut the rear bump stops to 1/4

Spring rates are near as stock and up to 7kg at final rate but it seems still firm, and near other lowering spring rates

F-Sport Springs
Front = 6.6kg/mm
Rear = 7.0kg/mm

If I change the springs whats the best in terms of comfortable ride and stock feel, even if it reduces cornering performance.

Many Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Country Boostin

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Any "performance" suspension is going to ride a little bit more stiff then factory regardless of all the reviews you read. From personal experience even though i have never owned them personally the F-sports had the best ride i had ever been on vs factory. H&R which i have owned were probably second. Next to doing that your only real other option that i can think of off the top of my head is to get a set of coils and do a custom spring rate setup.

As far as settling goes if they have been installed for 2 weeks they are more then settled. I personally have never seen settling take more then about 20 miles.

©2006 my.IS
01 ASP IS300
14 Cadillac CTS-V
07 C6 Z06
97 Supra tt 6 speed
Forced Induction Facts *READ THEM* Its some good stuff!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

thanks!

install was great no squeaks or clunks its just the firmness of the ride, Is it the progressive nature of the springs? Because at good roads with a few dips and waves the ride is GREAT but at paved cemented roads its REALLY STIFF.

Thats why I'm thinking of

H-Tech
F - 6 kg/mm
R - 6.3/kgmm
or
Swift Springs which has the closest to stock
F - 4.6kg/mm
R - 5.2kg/mm

Or go the Coil-over Route with Tein Comfort Sport.

Or the F-sport shocks are making the ride stiff together with the F-Sport Spring because it is a more performance oriented setup?

Last edited by turtleboy; 05-03-2014 at 11:49 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 07:16 PM

I was thinking about swapping out my OEM suspension for an F-Sport suspension and I was told not to by my service advisor. He strongly recommended against it. From what I hear, the closest match to stock are the Swift Springs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Stop, Drop and Roll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page