F-Sport rear sway bar with oem's front sway? - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

F-Sport rear sway bar with oem's front sway?

Initially the published numbers from Lexus were this:

Front Rear
IS250 46.6% 42.8%
IS350 6.3% 151.5%

now.. on fsport.com it says:

Front Rear
IS250 46.6% 6.3%
IS350 42.8% 151.5%

what to believe???

I already ordered the rear bar too(2010' is350) should I order the front too?

So.. can anybody give me any insight with just the F-Sport rear sway bar combo with the OEM front sway bar?? over steering/under steering? or I will be fine with just the rear f-sport sway bar on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I have just the F-sport rear sway on my 350, but i also have the springs. They definitely got rid of the understeer that the bone stock had. The handling is so much improved too. This surprised me bc I thought you have to stiffen the front to reduce understeer. I guess the oem front is already fairly stiff.

One headsup for you. '09 &'10 models rear sway has the bushings and brackets bonded to the bar. They are not removeable, which means you won't have the brackets to use for your new sway. I had to buy a new set from some website that sells these things in all sizes. They fit perfect, so if you want info, pm me.

2010 IS350 Obsidian Black/Black interior

2003 IS300 5-spd SportDesign Black Onyx w/LSD | 4.1:1 Final Drive | Borla Exhaust | Megan Racepipe | HKS Cam Gear | JIC FLTA1 Coilovers | L-tuned Sways | Fidanza flywheel | PowerSlot Rotors | Goodridge SS Brakelines | PIAA 6600K | CDD delete | Teck kit | Gone: EMU, SRT intake, B&M shifter, TRD Grill
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM

The second set of numbers looks like a typo... The first set have been around for awhile.

You should be fine with just the rear F-Sport sway on the 350... One of the best mods I've done on my car!

2008 IS350 - SGM / Nav ML / Tint 28% F 19%R / PS Nav Override Kit / 6000k lows & 6000k fogs / LED - drls,parks,interior,mirrors,puddle lamps,dash / F-Sport - intake,exhaust,rear sway / GFX Front / KW V3 coilovers / Sport Pedals / Hardwired Valentine 1 / HRE 560R 19x8.5 +37 & 19x10 +46 / Michelin PS2 235-35 & 265-30

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2is View Post
The second set of numbers looks like a typo... The first set have been around for awhile.

You should be fine with just the rear F-Sport sway on the 350... One of the best mods I've done on my car!
The problem is, the second set has not only been around longer at this point, it has been published on at least two completely different Lexus sources. (the original fsport.com website that was up for quite a while, and now in a different format at the lexus.com/fsport location that website redirects you to).

So it's increasingly looking like the first set was the typo.

And at least one member on CL reports that with traction control off he felt like the rear-only bar produced oversteer, while that was fixed when he added the front one... results which would be consistent with the second set of numbers.

Of course the problem there is the second set being "right" would mean adding both bars to a 250 would cause increased understeer, which doesn't seem to be the case either.

Where it gets weirder is that supposedly the stock bars are the same part on the 250 and 350, which would make both sets of F-sport numbers simply impossible since the F-sport bars are 100% for sure the same physical part on both 250 and 350.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Lurker

Ive heard the fronts dont make that much of a difference. The rears are where the gain is at. I just put mine on like a week ago and WOW. This is a must for all 2nd gen IS owners. I didnt buy the fron f-sport sways but I used the extra cash to get the GT-spec upper sway.

Seibon Hood + Carbon Fiber Engine cover set + GFX rear + Fabolus Front Lip + ISF LED tail Lights + Carbon Fiber grill + Carbon Wrapped interior + Jun TW rep Carbon Spolier Painted + Megan Mids + F-Sport exhaust + K&N Intake + F-Sport BBK (sold) F-Sport Rear Sway and Niteshaded Emblems soon to be finished with WALD trunk spoiler
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Lurker

i must agree, you really notice the difference in your bodyroll in turns. Though don't try it in winter without knowing your limits !!

CL.com: omgswifty

08 IS250 SGM: INGS+1 // WALD // F-SPORT // JLB // CARSONTUNED // HELLA // H&R // BCR // FUJITA // FALKEN // MUTEKI // 3M //
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Eibach Front & Rear Sway Bar Kit Lexus IS250 / IS350 Free Shipping

Lexus Sway Bars - Suspension System - IS300, IS350, | DriveWire.com

hi to you all
did anybody tried those and on IS350, comments on stiffness etc

thanks
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocomp View Post

Lexus Sway Bars - Suspension System - IS300, IS350, | DriveWire.com

hi to you all
did anybody tried those and on IS350, comments on stiffness etc

thanks
IIRC the Eibach bars are the same size rear and larger in the front... which means all else being equal you'll get more understeer with the Eibach bars than the F-sport ones... which is not generally what one wants.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 07:17 AM

when taking out the rear sway bar do you need a hex tool to hold the bolt while unscrewing the nut???

or does the nut just come out very simply?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxxx View Post
when taking out the rear sway bar do you need a hex tool to hold the bolt while unscrewing the nut???

or does the nut just come out very simply?
No you have to hold it with an allen key and turn the nut with a wrench. it was a pain in the .... I just said screw it and got 2 new links from lexus.

Seibon Hood + Carbon Fiber Engine cover set + GFX rear + Fabolus Front Lip + ISF LED tail Lights + Carbon Fiber grill + Carbon Wrapped interior + Jun TW rep Carbon Spolier Painted + Megan Mids + F-Sport exhaust + K&N Intake + F-Sport BBK (sold) F-Sport Rear Sway and Niteshaded Emblems soon to be finished with WALD trunk spoiler
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2014, 01:27 AM

I think you will be fine with just the rear f-sport sway bar on .
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 11:26 AM

i must agree, you actually notice the distinction in your bodyroll in turns. although do not strive it in winter while not knowing your limits !!
<a href="http://www.boostfollower.com/buy-facebook-5-star-ratings-reviews/">buying facebook ratings</a>
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 01:25 AM

Smile steam account

When I was looking for codes of steam games then i found this useful information where i got what i was looking for.All you have to do is just share this news about steam wallet codes here. These codes are very much in trend as you don't have to pay for them

Last edited by qazx23; 04-18-2016 at 02:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Stop, Drop and Roll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page