Youtube turbo IS - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Faster
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rjaime is an unknown at this point
Youtube turbo IS

If there is no turbo kit for the IS then how come there are
so many videos of turbo charged IS350 and ISF on youtube. I emailed sts ad today they wrote me back saying they do have a universal single turbo kit for a
IS350 that on 5lbs will produce 125-150hp. Idk...
Rjaime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Loyalist

joney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community memberjoney3jonez is an elite community member
They do have turbo/supercharger kits for the 2nd gen IS. But they are pretty expense . For the cost of the kit and the install it would be cheaper/ less of a headache to upgrade to an ISF . And the reliability of the kits isn't really proven . If youve ever done an NA-T turbo set up its never a slap it on and go job . There's always variables. The IS350 engine wasnt designed with forced induction in mind. Yes it's possible but won't be cheap or easy . I will boldly say there are no experts on boosting the ISX50 here in the states. Ive also read boosting the IS350 requires the JDM ECU .So if you run into a problem or blow your engine it could be a dead end or you will need a new car . Either way it's a loss of money. For my IS300 if I blew my engine I can get a 2JZ-GE or GTE fairly affordable and I know it's compatible and I can get it installed. I'm not sure about a replace engine of the 350 cost and ease of install. There's alot to think about .
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extremist

Knightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjaime View Post
If there is no turbo kit for the IS then how come there are
so many videos of turbo charged IS350 and ISF on youtube. I emailed sts ad today they wrote me back saying they do have a universal single turbo kit for a
IS350 that on 5lbs will produce 125-150hp. Idk...
I've certainly never seen a properly working one.

What I have seen over the years is a number of vendors/makers promise they were making one, and then produce nothing for sale.

Every few months for a while there someone would come in here and announce they were gonna turbo their IS... after people explaining the issues with it they insisted oh, no, THEY knew what they were doing, and just watch!

Most were then never heard from again... a few would admit they looked into it and gave up... and one guy claimed he did it at low boost, and was going to switch to 10 psi soon, then when asked for evidence he made excuses for a month or two... and then claimed he blew the motor up and vanished.

Turbochargers.com as another example screwed over several owners, eventually producing one really crap IS-F that needed 2 other places to work on it later and AFAIK never worked that well... plus one IS350 that was left in pieces and never actually turboed- then after blaming an employee for all the problems had the nerve to want to charge the 350 owner to put his car back together (again, unturboed)

There's a drift IS350 that lists as turbo on youtube, but the engine isn't the one that comes in the IS350, and just about nothing factory is left or working in the car.

There's a couple threads here and on CL about the STS thing, where they said they were thinking of making one for the car but never did.... they sell a "universal" kit which they will tell you fits on ANY car you ask about but again I know nobody who has used it, and it doesn't just bolt onto the car (hence it being universal)- you then need to find someone to fabricate all the custom intake and exhaust plumbing for you.

At which point it probably WOULD work at 5 psi... and you'd have spent a large chunk of money to add 40 whp to your car. (which is probably why nobody has bothered to actually do it)

Now supercharger kits exist.... though not in the US.

LMS made one for a while and then after selling like 4, ever, realized $6000 for 40whp was a bad deal.... AFAIK they'll still sell you the mounting hardware and stuff if you ask nicely though.

Outside the US there's at least 4 I know of for the 2IS:

TOMs- which is close to 10k and requires a JDM ECU- 5.5 psi of boost.

Arma- which I've never seen anyone credible actually run, and it's made in china with somewhat weird info on their web pages

Some South African place I can't remember the name of that supposedly did a 250 kit- with results that never made any sense, and for about 2x the price of just getting an IS350 instead.

HKS- which makes a kit that fits JDM models- You can mod it to work on US models (HKS350 did and was running 7 psi last I knew) but this is about $7000 and then requires programming of an HKS F-Con, so with program and install closer to 10k new.... for significantly less gain than just going to an IS-F would give you.

Last edited by Knightshade; 05-03-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Knightshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lurker

dooma350 is an unknown at this point
I'd rather just go get a ISF than try and install a turbo.
dooma350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rjaime is an unknown at this point
Looks like thats what Im gonna do get an ISF but bad thing is I jus bought my 07 350 last week.
Rjaime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lurker

dooma350 is an unknown at this point
LOL. sorry bro. I woulda upgraded to the F if I coulda
dooma350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Guru

Bezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community memberBezik777 is an elite community member
I would just buy a ISF or sell your house and buy LFA ...choice is yours

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Bezik777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Frequenter

Pinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community memberPinknuts is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezik777 View Post
I would just buy a ISF or sell your house and buy LFA ...choice is yours
LMAO first world problems.
Pinknuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Guru

MY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community member
drop a 2j in it! (toyomoto)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Addict

jesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community memberjesus954 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2J View Post
drop a 2j in it! (toyomoto) 2jz Lexus IS250 for SALE *RARE* - YouTube
Yes u just need around 400 hours of labor and a scientist to do the job for ya! I think selling the house to get an LFA is the easier route!
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)