LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerous View Post
yup. do 10.4:1 keeping the spark the same and adjusting the fuel will take care of your knocking issues. leaving the limitations to the oem fuel system and the block as long as meth injection is used. im working on engine management now. hopefully ill know something this week. once timing is figured out ill have the 2.5 close to the 375 range. i am working with alot of limiting factors, but i have some big names to back me up so im not worried about failing. even if i have to stroke it to a 3.1

i will get a set of these 9:1 pistons and show you that this is all possible.
modding these cars will be alot easier then you think.
I'm still not following how you're getting 375 out of the 2.5L on 7 psi.

As I just pointed out to you the SA guys only got 220 whp with 7 psi.

Where's your extra 150 hp coming from at the same boost?

If you mean you now have changed your plans to get 375 out of a build stroker motor with forged internals and engine management I'd say sure, maybe. (though honestly if you only get 50-60 more hp out of 7 psi, as all the evidence suggests, I'm not convinced you're gonna get +200 hp out of the 14 psi the block will hold with a low enough CR).

But you'll now be looking at a lot more than 8k for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

your right. theres no way to make any kind of real power from it. when im able to get the spark taken care of then i can take all the timing out and add meth to the kit and hopefully get 10 lbs out of it, thats the only way the motor will make the power that the is350 comes with from the factory. im still making the kit for the countries that dont offer the 350. but other then that ill be offering motor swaps and a turbo kit for the is350. i can make 425 whp with it from the same setup. the is 250 has no market unless people want it made.
post #48 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Lurker

Please re-consider this project, it is not worth the time and money. Not to mention the transmission nor motor can handle large amounts of power, the IS250 was designed as an economical daily driver. If you want boost I'd recommend starting off with an ideal platform like the IS300. The IS250 will only hold you back and empty your wallet.

But if you do get this done I will give you all the respect in the world, good luck!

post #49 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:52 PM

its a waste of time doing this for the 250. if a person wants a faster IS, they buy the 350 or the ISF...
post #50 of 55 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
IS300 will empty your wallet also but its oh so much fun......

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Much respect to Lance for doing the 2JZ-GTE VVTi swap. Seems to be the only viable way to get around it... and not cheap.

NEVER SELLING: 97 Supra TT/6spd/S366/10.5:1/FIC2150s/Walbro 416s/CORN FED - 808rwhp!!!! More to come!
Past: 02 IS300/Turbo/Auto/10psi
post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Lurker

naw! is250 is super slow. low hp engine in heavy car. keep the is300.
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
Please re-consider this project, it is not worth the time and money. Not to mention the transmission nor motor can handle large amounts of power, the IS250 was designed as an economical daily driver. If you want boost I'd recommend starting off with an ideal platform like the IS300. The IS250 will only hold you back and empty your wallet.

But if you do get this done I will give you all the respect in the world, good luck!
Why do you say with such confidence that the motor can't handle the boosted platform? Do you know how these internal cast iron pistons are manufactured and why they're much higher grade then a regular cast iron piston?

You don't need forged pistons to run 7 to 8 psi on the stock IS250 motor. The connecting rods are already forged and would probably be the first components to blow if the car is overboosted..

People are not building 500HP race cars, you can easily squeeze 80 to 100HP if you set this up properly, and you will still maintain a reliable, luxurious and fun DD...
post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

First of all you guys do realize this thread was started in 2006 and the last post was in 2011 right?

Second of all if you REALLY want to boost your is250 I would look up Adam's is250 on clublexus. His username is heyarms and he has a supercharged is250. I don't know much about it since I haven't followed his build lately but I met him in person before and he got it to the point where he could daily it if he wanted to. He actually used it as a DD before he got another DD and went all out on the is250.

Personally I say its not worth boosting a is250 because in the end you'll spend about 8-12k to do it right and at that point I would just sell the is250 and use the extra money to buy a is350 or is-f. However if you wanna do something different be my guest, and props to you.
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 01-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I say keep the IS250 stock until they release the newer generation with the turbo 4-cyl. Get one of those and replace the pistons/rods and pioneer the next gen movement!

Goodness just think of all the rep! You will be a literal god among men lol

NA Supra Clutch & Flywheel // Dezod Green Headers // BC 264 Cams // Titan V2 Cam Gear // JOEZ Intake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 2nd-Gen IS250/IS350 > Go Faster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page